The Rumour Thread

Just now, Walrustaco said:

Quiet you. Bonereapers, we were told October for sure. Cities, Orruks and Mawtribes we dont have a clue other than vague mentionings at Nova or whatever.

What noo you've got confirmed to be before Bonereapers from a news post! The more you get delayed* the more Bonereapers gets delayed. It could even get so bad that the preorder happens in October but not actual models appearing in our hands (although granted for me that isn't a totally bad thing since it would, in theory, give me more time to find people who want high elf chariots)

*accepting for the fact that at present, far as we know, neither Cities nor Orruks are delayed, they are just later than we like

To me cities and Orruks not being this week is a good thing as it can still mean they are not only a book but could have something more, from a reboxing to spells or terrain. But at least enough to occupy the entire week.

And who knows, not impossible a start collecting box for cities, although extremely improbable?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

To me cities and Orruks not being this week is a good thing as it can still mean they are not only a book but could have something more, from a reboxing to spells or terrain. But at least enough to occupy the entire week.

And who knows, not impossible a start collecting box for cities, although extremely improbable?

Doubtful. Bonereapers are said to be released at the end of october and COS ans Orruks should be at least a week before that, which leaves only  a 4 week gap for stuff to actually be reveales and the whole "pre order next week" thing to make it out there before bonereapers preorders go up. That feels rushed for GW standards.

I collect neither CoS or Orks, but I do feel for those who do - it seems GW got everyone excited and then had a huge wave of culling and then... nothing. I understand they were presented as a release for the future, but assuming there are no new models then it should really be an easy release - over in one or two weeks. 

Considering the demand for these books seems to be very high and they're not a big release, it seems really odd that GW have kind of left us hanging on a sour note with the culling. If there's some delay, you'd think they'd tell us as per the Sylvaneth delay.   

Like I said, I don't play either of these armies, but I feel sorry for those who do. 

21 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

How have they mishandled them?

Announced super far in advance compared to normal releases with no additional previews.

Deliberate misrepresentation of how the miniature lineups would change.

Dodging a question regarding their status with what was either misinformation or a lie.

I'm not going to say it's the worst thing a company has ever done (it's relatively benign), but it's far below GW's normal standards for how they treat releases, and raises a lot of questions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

How have they mishandled them?

Perhaps they are gearing up for Orruk-tober? Announce next Sunday and release October 5th? Maybee they are prepping some super-secret free cities vs orruk boxed set, with overlapping terrain that can be utilized by either faction!  A whole 2 weeks of orruk/free cities fun before they release the new undead for Halloween on the 31st.

We can dream, right?🤔

5 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

Announced super far in advance compared to normal releases with no additional previews.

Deliberate misrepresentation of how the miniature lineups would change.

Dodging a question regarding their status with what was either misinformation or a lie.

The announcement was what, two months ago? There was something like a seven month wait between the Death Guard preview and release so I would say we’re well inside normal for GW.

Not sure about the other two because I don’t know what you’re referring to.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

The announcement was what, two months ago? There was something like a seven month wait between the Death Guard preview and release so I would say we’re well inside normal for GW.

Not sure about the other two because I don’t know what you’re referring to.

For a recent GW announcement it was kinda far in advance (I want to say AOS previewed battletomes have all been out within a month or two in the past couple years), it is also a book that frankly, should have been released years ago. They did a large model cull that left the component armies of Free city in an even worse limbo than they were before with no hints or previews of how they will play in the new battletome. Finally at NOVA they said Free Cities were too soon to release to answer questions about the battletome. This has been followed by no battletome release or previews and items previewed at NOVA being released. 

• Thanks 1

The Nova isn't the worst, its the removal of models with no reward that is the bad timing really. It's also leaving a lot of people in both Orruks and Free Cities sitting on money wanting to spend; wanting to finally get their armies 2.0 running and old HE players wanting to console themselves with using their armies for alternative models or at least buy into new forces - all WAITING. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TBH I don't think CoS and Orruk Clan are considered complete full releases by GW (compared to Ossiach) given that they are coming without endless spells or terrain. these are probably placeholder tomes until they decided to release more stand alone armies like Kurnothi, Devoted of Sigmar, or a big Ironjawz release when AoS 3.0 comes out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't see why GW would release placeholder Battletomes at this stage. They removed a lot of the High Elf and all of the Tombkings and Bretonnia. If GW wanted whole armies gone they'd remove them right now. Damage has already been done through removals and I think GW would rather they removed anything that they were going to fully cut now rather than prolong it into 3.0. Otherwise all they are doing it setting themselves up for a bigger fall. Imagine if they dropped 2.0 armies - the backlash would be nasty. Plus its not just backlash from those armies, but from all the AoS customers. Suddenly we are back to AoS near launch when people are not spending any more.

Why would people spend on 3.0 armies if GW starts removing whole armies all over again.

We've also not heard that Orruks and Cities are not getting terrain/spells formally; we've just heard that they might be different to what we've seen thus far. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

The tin foil hat conspiracy theories about the CoS are quite funny. Seems to show more how impatient people are and shows a sense of entitlement. GW didn't have to give a preview at NOVA, would you rather not knowing what's coming out.

Anyway, to talk rumours the counters being released for beastgrave have future warbands in mind, any guesses what they may be from the few shown?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

55 minutes ago, Overread said:

I don't see why GW would release placeholder Battletomes at this stage. They removed a lot of the High Elf and all of the Tombkings and Bretonnia. If GW wanted whole armies gone they'd remove them right now. Damage has already been done through removals and I think GW would rather they removed anything that they were going to fully cut now rather than prolong it into 3.0. Otherwise all they are doing it setting themselves up for a bigger fall. Imagine if they dropped 2.0 armies - the backlash would be nasty. Plus its not just backlash from those armies, but from all the AoS customers. Suddenly we are back to AoS near launch when people are not spending any more.

Why would people spend on 3.0 armies if GW starts removing whole armies all over again.

We've also not heard that Orruks and Cities are not getting terrain/spells formally; we've just heard that they might be different to what we've seen thus far. 

I not saying they would drop any stuff but these are like just LoN tomes where they combine stuff for now, but then release a new tome down the line like Nighthaunt or what they do with Space marine specific chapters codexes.  like CoS is just souping the current old models but something like Wanderers would just branch out into it own army (Kurnothi) in the future and own allegiance and rules instead of playing by specific city rules. and Ironjawz probably get their range expanded in the future maybe in AoS 3.0 since it probably going (of in fairness should be) to be Stormcast versus a Destruction faction

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

The tin foil hat conspiracy theories about the CoS are quite funny. Seems to show more how impatient people are and shows a sense of entitlement. GW didn't have to give a preview at NOVA, would you rather not knowing what's coming out.

Anyway, to talk rumours the counters being released for beastgrave have future warbands in mind, any guesses what they may be from the few shown?

I'll error on the side of being nice in my response but that is incredibly rude and obnoxious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1