The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

The two new battletomes are nice, but nothing special. It's imo more a bone for old players who already have a mini collection. I don't think it will lure new people in. I certainly would advise against spending money on old miniatures.

Well I don't know about that, now that they have rules in a book I'm tempted to start getting together a small army of humans and dispossessed. 

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

The two new battletomes are nice, but nothing special. It's imo more a bone for old players who already have a mini collection. I don't think it will lure new people in. I certainly would advise against spending money on old miniatures.

Hopefully we will see this year a new army like Nighthaunt, Kharadon and Idoneth or something like what DoK, Nurgle, Khorne, Sylaneth, Ironjaws received.

Oh I am really getting hyped for that release.

no glue why but that I somehow really want to build a free people/Dispossesseds/ Ironwald arsenal/Aelves army. 

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Secondly, it's also financials. If that Ironjaw player can take Bonesplittaz in his Battletome, he's more likely to buy some Bonesplittaz. He's a lot less likely to fork out £25 for a Battletome for that lone Bonesplittaz unit he likes the look of.

but then they could have just merge Fyreslayers and KO together or even wanderers and Sylvaneath together, my problem is that GW don't really have standard of what get merge and what does not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

I'm guessing Feast of Bones is a new duel starter - so now taking bets on who the Ogors will be facing!

Bones = Skellingtons?

Could also be Bonesplittaz, since it refers to a Pact, which implies allegiances. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

Just now, Aryann said:

3 battletomes? Best Games Workshop show up to date.

2 Battletomes - I'm guessing a new model and "feast of bones" means that its a new duel army box against another force as we've seen before. But it does confirm that Ogors are 100% coming as a battletome, likely right after Orruks and Free Cities. Interesting to say that the pack of bones is broken and that they are called the "Mawtribes" which further suggests that beastclaw raiders are getting rolled into an Ogors tome! 

Today is a GOOD day for AoS! 

I pretty like the "union" of  IJ and bonesplitterz, i always wanted to play a mixed army with them i feel they are very cool togheter (speaking in aesthetic matter). And honestly i dont ever liked the division in too much battletome (at least i would like it if there will be a lot of units, but we all know the fact XD)

New ogre meanwhile....  😍😍

Edited by Morghot

So far we've literally just seen the covers and a paragraph of news about them, honestly I'd say that news about terrain or endless spells for both will come at a later date. These books might not be out for a couple of months so not point giving us everything now.

And who knows, whilst I doubt there will be a huge range of models released with these there nothing to say that there won't  be at least 1 or 2 new heroes. Going by the rumour engines there's likely to be some new Wanderers models at least, I'm holding out now for a genuine multi-species Cities of Sigmar Underworlds unit but let's see.

I think this is all good, they couldn't just bin the entire old Empire, Dwarf and Elf ranges as much as I'm sure they'd like to have. This gives people with those armies a chance to refresh them, liven them up with some stuff they wouldn't have bought before and hopefully, if it's not asking too much of them, enjoy playing with their toy soldiers.

And importantly it also clears the decks, so any new Light/Dark Aelf, Duardin and indeed Human ranges can be completely their own AoS thing without having to take into account 30 year old aesthetics.

Orruk soup, again seems fine to me. Neither range is exactly overflowing with options so again I'm sure there will be new models along at some point but at least now what people have will be more suited the latest iteration of the game, and again if you have the option to grab some other units and play with them. And if it's upsets your delicate Orkish sensibilities to mix the factions then just... don't.

Nice Ogor btw.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Comments are allowed on that video 😃 Most likely just forgot to disable it but maybe not ^^ I feel like GW is far enough out of the "dark ages" to maybe start allowing comments again. 

Just now, Nox said:

Comments are allowed on that video 😃 Most likely just forgot to disable it but maybe not ^^ I feel like GW is far enough out of the "dark ages" to maybe start allowing comments again. 

They allow comments on Facebook;right now not allowing them on youtube is more about GW focusing their comment storms in a single spot (FB) where its easier to monitor and review them rather than spreading them out on multiple sites.

• Like 2

Just now, Nox said:

I don’t know why not allowing comments on their YouTube videos is them being ‘in the dark ages’ anyway. Have you seen YouTube comments sections? I’d argue it’s sensible...

• Like 6

Just now, Boytoy said:

Would be neat if the Feast of Bones box had cities of Sigmar as the opposing force with some sort of new hero

There is still that rumor of an Ogor vs Wanderers box a while back, as well as the recent rumor engines. Might explain why they made Wanderer models so prominent in the Free Cities displays at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nox said:

They've forgotten to disable comments a few times before. I wouldn't read much into it.