The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, overtninja said:

They’ve announced it, so I would assume it is. Sylvaneth never got announced like this. 

Just now, Still-young said:

They’ve announced it, so I would assume it is. Sylvaneth never got announced like this. 

They hyped the release and content of the book, then had to announce that it was delayed. They are likely sticking to their planned release schedule despite the fact that they might not be able to release things on time, which is probably for the best - though it's definitely going to cut into their ability to do business if this persists over a longer time period.

4 minutes ago, overtninja said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/09/coming-soon-the-generals-handbook-2019/?utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=YouTube&utm_campaign=WHTV&utm_content=WHTVGHB2019InterviewJune9

Good news for the new General's Handbook! Whether it actually comes out on time is another matter...

edit- looks like they are publishing points updates for free as an online download, so we won't have to wait for those! Very handy if the bulk of the book gets delayed by shipping issues.

it said it next weeks preorder judging by the tab logo on the home page

2 minutes ago, overtninja said:

They hyped the release and content of the book, then had to announce that it was delayed. They are likely sticking to their planned release schedule despite the fact that they might not be able to release things on time, which is probably for the best - though it's definitely going to cut into their ability to do business if this persists over a longer time period.

No they didn’t. They showed stuff from it when they said it was delayed, but all they’d told us about before that was Looncurse. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

No one is making any assumptions. GW has explicitly told us that the models in Looncurse will be made available individually. I can't recall but they probably said the same about Carrion Empire as well.

Until GW comes out and has a release date for them, it's all just talk.  I'm want to see them actually release them.   They still have lots to release, including models from the 1st edition box set, so, the wait and see approach doesn't seem to be doing GW any favors.

• Like 1

hmm doesn't look like any new army got allegiance abilities outside the remaining seven that got them last year. I hope at least the ones that had existing ones get updated and refined like Freeguild, Dispossessed, Darkling Coven, and Ironjawz

2 minutes ago, the_master288 said:

Until GW comes out and has a release date for them, it's all just talk.  I'm want to see them actually release them.   They still have lots to release, including models from the 1st edition box set, so, the wait and see approach doesn't seem to be doing GW any favors.

I think those models are forever going to be released as part of their respective starter set just like you can't buy Carnisaur outside of the Seraphon starter box

Looks like allegiance abilities for some factions. Good news for some of the armies contemplating their futures for sure!

Also, correct me if I'm wrong. But any army getting abilities is unlikely to get a book on the immediate future right?

If so, certainly narrows it down. Gutbusters battletome confirmed

No Beasts of Chaos got a book after summer despite Brayherd being in the GHB 18 so all cards are on the table 

3 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong. But any army getting abilities is unlikely to get a book on the immediate future right?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Looks like allegiance abilities for some factions. Good news for some of the armies contemplating their futures for sure!

Nothing on Aelves too.

S

14 minutes ago, novakai said:

hmm doesn't look like any new army got allegiance abilities outside the remaining seven that got them last year. I hope at least the ones that had existing ones get updated and refined like Freeguild, Dispossessed, Darkling Coven, and Ironjawz

I think those models are forever going to be released as part of their respective starter set just like you can't buy Carnisaur outside of the Seraphon starter box

You can buy a Carnosaur outside of the starter box. The option is available on the website.

You'd have to be an moron to do that though, because the Carnosaur is 85$ and the SC is 90.

You're thinking of the Magmadroth which you can't buy because it's MORE expensive than the SC and abusive as GW are, they're not THAT abusive.

Lot of people who have no idea what they're talking about on this thread.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Austin said:

everyone who says the Looncurse fiasco isn't a big deal because of course GW will release the new models separately is totally ignoring that you STILL after three  years cannot buy a Lord-Relictor from the initial starter set

Another thing folks ignore on that is that the gaming content of these boxes will only ever be in those boxes. Anyone who missed out due to them not making enough won't ever get that cool stuff.

It's more than just a few models.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

keep in mind those where the same armies that had Allegiance abilities last year, but they didn't get an update between GHB releases, it could just be a copy paste from last year with minor tweaks.

also, like someone said BoC got a Battletome 2 months later despite having a brayherd entry in GHB 2018

Looking forward to seeing the darkling covens new abilities, my sorceress may leave her tower to lead an army! 

I would love them to combine a few fractured armies into one, like putting the shadowblades into the darkling covers, would make the army a bit more playable

• Like 4

Ironjawz, Seraphon, Wanderers, Darkling Covens, Free Peoples, Slaves to Darkness and Dispossessed

Interesting selection of armies! Slaves to Darkness is a shock as one would have thought them getting a release close to Warcry. Meanwhile both Darklings and Wanderers are getting their own rules once again rather than under Aelves. 

If we assume those armies listed are a longish way off getting a new Battletome (and thus making it worth including) then we might be able to guess some possible nearish battletomes from this list

Aelves - whilst two aelf forces are mentioned there's still the chance another might get added. 
Kharadron Overlords 
Tzeentch - read mixed views on if their tome is "old" or "new" as such. If it counts as old then they are on the cards
Everchosen - Slaves to Darkness and Everchosen are duel listed on the site, so it might be that they are both to be rolled into one - could be a new Battletome/army name so Slaves to Darkness remained in the GHB as a legacy option; or might be that Everchosen will get beefed up to a full army. Very hard to say. Still surprised Slaves are in the book at all as one would have thought this wing of Chaos would have had updates to coincide with Warcry
Beastclaws
Gutbusters - both these and Beastclaw Raiders are a higher chance now of getting a new tome - likely Ogors tome after the survey which combined the two into one listing
Bonesplitterz - again like Slaves could be that the combined tome will make Ironjawz into a legacy army form; otherwise could be that the orruk forces will remain split. 

Even if we only got a few of them that would easily take us up to near Christmas, baring in mind the "new tome per grand alliance still to come" comment which means that there's likely still a Death Battletome to come (though it could even be a Grand Alliance Death battletome so no new army as such). 6 months or so would make it worth adding to the GHB to cover that wait period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Austin said:

GW is struggling hard with logistics and/or knowing what their customers want.  I am not sure why, but to say they aren't ignores clear evidence.  I don't even know if it is hurting them that much since they continue to make massive profits lately.

I do know that everyone who says the Looncurse fiasco isn't a big deal because of course GW will release the new models separately is totally ignoring that you STILL after three  years cannot buy a Lord-Relictor from the initial starter set.  If you want a mounted Knight of Shrouds- better buy that full box.  Or more recently the Skaven box is a warning sign.

You guys don't understand how GW works.  They can only produce so much plastic a week. They need to expand their factories. That is not easy fast or cheap. 

This is why most releases this year are terrain/spells. They don't have to make minis. 

As far as  complaints about Lord Relictor, Island of Blood, again you have to understand the reality. Lord relictor is on a sprue with other minis. It will never be sold alone unless it is redesigned from scratch.  Same for any mini that shares a sprue with other minis. 

3 hours ago, Mungrun said:

Gutbusters absence makes me think that their battletome is near (this year)

Dont read into it. They just repeated all the same armies as last year. 

3 hours ago, Belper said:

You can buy a Carnosaur outside of the starter box. The option is available on the website.

You'd have to be an moron to do that though, because the Carnosaur is 85$ and the SC is 90.

You're thinking of the Magmadroth which you can't buy because it's MORE expensive than the SC and abusive as GW are, they're not THAT abusive.

I thought they also shipped the SC when you bought a carno, or did they change it when SC prices went up?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zanzou said:

Anyone who saw the  GHB video recall them mentioning anything noteworth that wasn't mentioned in the article?

Nothing rumour wise - from my memory they focussed on how excited they were to make 1k point games more exciting 

• Thanks 2