Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Emmetation, I'm really excited for the Age of Sigmar RPG. I'm just wondering, will there be options for Wood Aelves and Sylvaneth specifically? I hope this doesn't seem like a repetition of earlier posts, but I've asked more specifically because I would like to know in advance. I'm really excited about how you said that the basic game would be below DnD 5th edition, because I assume something that simple gives a lot of room for storytelling and GM-ing. Another purely personal question, is there going to be a sourcebook dedicated to Ghyran? Again I hope I don't seem repetitive, but I would really like a treasure trove of information about Ghyran, my all time favorite realm. It would be great if it could include a Ghyran bestiary of sorts, or a few Prestige Classes (DnD 3rd Edition) themed centrally around Ghyranite rituals and fighting styles. My Wood Aelf ranger and Sylvaneth Druid are already waiting to be made, so if that is at all possible, I wood love to know. Excuse the pun, please.

WoodElves-Wall1.png

7 hours ago, AthelLoren said:

Hey Emmetation, I'm really excited for the Age of Sigmar RPG. I'm just wondering, will there be options for Wood Aelves and Sylvaneth specifically? I hope this doesn't seem like a repetition of earlier posts, but I've asked more specifically because I would like to know in advance. I'm really excited about how you said that the basic game would be below DnD 5th edition, because I assume something that simple gives a lot of room for storytelling and GM-ing. Another purely personal question, is there going to be a sourcebook dedicated to Ghyran? Again I hope I don't seem repetitive, but I would really like a treasure trove of information about Ghyran, my all time favorite realm. It would be great if it could include a Ghyran bestiary of sorts, or a few Prestige Classes (DnD 3rd Edition) themed centrally around Ghyranite rituals and fighting styles. My Wood Aelf ranger and Sylvaneth Druid are already waiting to be made, so if that is at all possible, I wood love to know. Excuse the pun, please.

WoodElves-Wall1.png

Howdy,

We released a big update on our site here: http://cubicle7.co.uk/age-of-sigmar-cover-reveal-update/

This includes confirmation of Sylvaneth characters. The corebook will focus on Aqshy, but we will have information on Ghyran too. And each realm will be expanded on in future products.

14 minutes ago, Emmetation said:

Howdy,

We released a big update on our site here: http://cubicle7.co.uk/age-of-sigmar-cover-reveal-update/

This includes confirmation of Sylvaneth characters. The corebook will focus on Aqshy, but we will have information on Ghyran too. And each realm will be expanded on in future products.

When / if you do Chaos guys too, later in a future expansion, I hope you'll take a look at the Scourge Of Fate novel and that new Warcry game because it look narratively amazing and RPG-esque :D 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 9:38 PM, pseudonyme said:

Dear @Gaz Taylor, I think you should open an entire section for the upcoming AoS RPG (maybe not right now but close to the release date)  so that people can search for table, or at least can organise virtual tables.

Hello, sorry about delay but been a horrible few weeks in the real world and been distracted by it. Yes I think this is a good idea and something I want to discuss with Ben but not the best time for me at moment. I love the idea of being able to do some AOS RPG sessions at home as it would get some brownie points off my wife.  I'll get back to you ;) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the guys over at Cubicle7 blessed us with a update #MortalRealmsMonday featuring the Fyreslayer Doomseeker:
http://cubicle7.co.uk/age-of-sigmar-doomseeker-reveal/

Redemption or Death

Oathsworn to leave your home and never return, you travel the Mortal Realms in search of redemption or death.

The unbreakable oaths of the Fyreslayers are legendary and the Doomseeker epitomises their stubborn sense of honour. No one knows what could drive a Duardin to swear an oath so mighty as to banish them from their own lodge and nor would any who have sworn such an oath ever say, for a Doomseeker is as reticent as they are proud. Some speculate that they are warriors who have disgraced themselves in battle, that they are the sole survivors of a destroyed lodge, or atoning for some familial guilt. Others whisper that this is the fate of an Auric Runeson who fails to rise to Runefather and refuses to bend the knee to a brother. What is true is that Doomseekers had lives before swearing their oaths. While their skills may be a little rusty, a Doomseeker may still surprise their adventuring companions with an unexpected musical talent, pausing to mend a broken down wagon, or haggling with a street vendor like an experienced merchant.

‘You killed it! Who asked for your bloody help?’

- Lugash, son of no Runefather, scion of no lodge

Featuring Lugash of Eight Lamentations fame! 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 3/26/2019 at 7:02 AM, Ravinsild said:

You ever been a Chaos Warrior and then been sad when all the games never let you play as a Chaos Warrior? :( 

Bad guy campaigns are just so much harder to run.  Think of stories about bad guys as main characters and usually they have a strong moral code. Players are usually a lot more herpaderp and just do dumb random stuff.

2 hours ago, Emmetation said:

Hey all,

We chatted to Geek & Sundry recently and you can read the interview here. We also revealed a new Archetype: the Branchwych

Reveal hidden contents

AoS_Marketing_Branchwych-GS-March-2019-e

Thanks for linking the interview ! 

I like the fact WFRP's role in worldbulding WFB is recognized here ; and the idea that it made the World-that-was "smaller".

That should be useful for the Mortal Realms too, knowing that in contrast with what was said in the interview, they are not and never were infinite (as shown below).

In relation to my earlier post a few weeks back I’d really enjoy a miniature’s list for future adventure or campaign books, like on the back of the books or something . I know it’s an rpg but I would definitely buy an adventure book based entirely on if it would fit my miniatures collection . The more I use them the better (value for money and all that). 😊

Edited by Slaktor

On 3/29/2019 at 7:36 PM, Slaktor said:

In relation to my earlier post a few weeks back I’d really enjoy a miniature’s list for future adventure or campaign books, like on the back of the books or something . I know it’s an rpg but I would definitely buy an adventure book based entirely on if it would fit my miniatures collection . The more I use them the better (value for money and all that). 😊

I'll see what we can do ;)

On 3/31/2019 at 12:27 AM, xking said:

So I heard  that Seraphon  live in the Free cities now. Is this true? And how?

Yep, there are Slann embassies in most major cities. Usually run by Skink Starpriests and guarded by Saurus

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, xking said:

The recent khorne battletome confirms that the Seraphon are still magic  daemons.

They talked about this on Warhammer Community. They can be both. Some are still magic daemons while others have become physical while others were born in spawn pools just like in the world-that-was.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gecktron said:

They talked about this on Warhammer Community. They can be both. Some are still magic daemons while others have become physical while others were born in spawn pools just like in the world-that-was.

Which says to me that their faction lore is evolving - which is great. Having peoples changes things a lot as it opens more doors to the story and crafting and also adds other thoughts to the mix. Slaan might be thinking about their great war, but if their peoples now have homes, families (er spawning parties?); lands, kingdoms then all the petty squabbles, real concerns and the like come with that. You'll have your Slaan thinking about wars in a million years whilst your average lizard (who isn't summoned) is worrying if he's got enough to feed himself; or your lizard king wants to extend and protect his lands from invaders - even if they might be his own people. 

Sometimes I wish GW would put together their own big wiki style website with a lot of fleshed out background on the peoples - in addition to that which we get in batteltomes. Esp because its rare that many can justify buying battletomes. Heck a digital "story/lore" Battletome collected edition online would be neat! 

I have a fix for the Seraphon spawning issue... Picture the scene...

The vast templeship drifts through the inky Azyr void, the frost rimed ziggurat  slowly following a millennia long orbit tracing ancient star-worn paths laid down in aeons past. Inside the ship slumbers, corridors of stone and gold bifurcate, splinter and rearrange themsleves into new shapes and patterns as upon his throne the ancient Slann star master Cuahutéemoc dreams. All is quiet, just the background hum as magic courses through the veins in the rock walls, the occasional primal sound emanating from the vast jungle that is spread out on the templeship's lowest levels. Silent, scarred Saurus stand guard at the spawning pools whilst a few hand picked Skink priests tend to the rituals that maintain the vast city sized structure's course through the heavens.

You could lose yourself for days amongst the ever shifting maze of tunnels, corridors, bridges that stretch across yawning chasms but with careful patience Chiclub navigated the ever changing route to the Great Orrery with practised ease. The small Skink starpriest's claws broke the unearthly silence as they tapped out a regular rhythm on the black stone corridor. Flashes of azure energy pulsed through the stone walls etheric veins, illuminating his way but in truth Chiclub had made this journey a thousand times since his spawning and despite the starcraft's labyrinthine nature could find his way blindfolded if required.

--------------------------

Fancy writing over lets power through this... so imagine that thanks to the energies unleashed by the necroquake an ambitious Tzeentchian magister Fluxus Capacitus has completed a ritual opening a portal inside the sacred space of the templeship from which a maddening legion of gibbering daemons erupts. Queue insane battle taking place inside the ship as hordes of capering pink and blue horrors, avian terrors, screaming creatures of the abyss rip through reality and straight into a load of obsidian club wielding dinosaurs.

On a narrow bridge, suspended several hundred metres above the ship's jungle floor, that leads to the throne room a Lord of Change brutally leads the charge smashing his way through ranks of Saurus guards. Bathed in pink and blue eldritch energies, the cackling daemon discharges blasts of change magick, stripping leathery skin from bone, transmuting the stoic seraphon into metallic puddles. With a mighty roar a huge Carnosaur charges the greater daemon, it's mighty jaws snapping and fastening around the daemon's neck.

Fast forward and the forces of Tzeentch has pushed on to the throne room and the LoC strides triumphantly towards the Slann, still seemingly dreaming upon his dais. But suddenly the Starmaster's eyes blink open and oh ******, IT IS ON. Epic battle just got MORE EPIC. Cue several pages detailing just how epic this battle is, like truly truly EPIC, come on you've got an imagination, magical nuclear war basically.

hmmmm, this is taking me longer than expected, apologies to anyone stuck reading this, let's try and wrap it up...

OK! So, end result the LoC lies a bloody pile of fizzing feathers and pulped daemon flesh, the Slann lies broken upon his throne, slowly breathing the final few breaths of a life that has lasted millennia, his attendant skink starpriest, staring on in horror as the light goes out in his eyes. With that the templeship lurches horribly and begins to fall from the heavens, a blazing falling star that rips its way through reality and visible to people in every realm.

Falling through the realms the ship appears as a giant fireball tearing the night sky of Ghyran apart. Just before the templeship crashes into a diseased, Nurgle tainted jungle the Slann uses up the last of his spirit to slow the ship's fall, preventing an extinction level event, and instead the templeship crashes into the jungle, breaking into 2/3 giant pieces but generally maintaining its form.

The next day the sun rises over the verdant landscape, the highest levels of the mighty templeship's pyramidal structures rise above the canopy. The few Seraphon survivors are at a loss, their slann master is dead, their star treading home now buried deep in the Ghyran soil, dead dinos litter the jungle alongside the bubbling remains of daemons, that thanks to the vast levels of arcane energy within the ship's walls have remained in the material world. Days & nights pass, the Skink starriest Chiclub tends to the remains of his slann master, preparing his body for death in a ritual no Skink has had to perform for 1000s of years. An ancient, dying race one step closer to total annihilation.

Anyway to cut an extremely long story just a little bit shorter (sadLOL), the vast magick in the templeship interacts with the life giving energies of Ghyran and the mercurial change magick bound within the Tzeentchian daemons remains to cause something wonderful, and unexpected, to happen. The first full moon after the Slann's remains has been interred the spawning pools deep in the lower levels of the now jungle bound city begins to foam and bubble, a furious maelstrom of roiling energies erupt and from the pool emerges a young Slann, the first of their race to be born since the early days of the world that was.

Unlike his elders who have lived for thousands of years bound by arcane patterns laid down in the stars, and who are tired, ancient creatures fighting a rear guard action this new slann is an impetuous, life filled being, the union of different magicks and forces, brought together. Throwing the stinking shattered body of the Lord of Change into the spawning pool, it reemerges as a new being, a giant iridescent feathered serpent, the legendary Quetzalcoatl which the young Slann takes for his mount.

As the life giving properties of ghyran merge with the ancient slann spells, the new Seraphon spawned from the pool take on a more physical space than their star born peers, and from this remote jungle base a new kind of Seraphon empire begins to emerge. Where the ancient Slann were content to dream their schemes and follow paths and plans laid down at the dawn of creation, this new breed are ready to take the fight to the primordial enemy and play a more active role in the mortal realms.

Bloody hell... This was supposed to just be a note.

So basically, there are now a branch of Seraphon who are now physical imbued with the life magicks of Ghyran, and we get an amazing new centrepiece model of a slann riding a giant feathered serpent (incidentally the old WHFB rules for Coatl gave them an ability to change the landscape beneath them as they flew over, so there's the nod to it being a reborn lord of change). We'd also have an amazing setting, a ruined jungle magical city, for Warhammer Quest or Skirmish style games.

I seriously cant believe I just wrote all that ****** nonsense. Please don't let any of my clients see this.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 5