5 hours ago, Doko said:

So.....

The priestress can be used(but she is bad)

The mage can be used(but worse than the sorceress)

The other heroes are 100% useless

No comand ability neither aura and his damage is poor

Not to mention they are city locked. And can't use command abilities.

And can't use artifacts.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Thanks 1

The priestess is not terrible. A solid heal that can't be countered... if you feel lucky, because it's also unreliable as hell. She might be usable against unbind-heavy armies where you won't cast this lifeswarm anyway.

The mage is not bad, but i don't think his unique spell compensates for the loss of city keyword, especially in the cities where spells and artifacts buff magic.

After that it gets worse.

Captain provides battleshock immunity for combat units  I guess? Not bad, but we don't really lack those.

The others are just squishy combat characters that don't do anything else, and there's a reason why Assassin is not popular despite having a better delivery method. Overall, solid meh. But they will be pretty proxies for sure!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dekay said:

The priestess is not terrible. A solid heal that can't be countered... if you feel lucky, because it's also unreliable as hell. She might be usable against unbind-heavy armies where you won't cast this lifeswarm anyway.

The mage is not bad, but i don't think his unique spell compensates for the loss of city keyword, especially in the cities where spells and artifacts buff magic.

Captain provides battleshock immunity for combat units  I guess? Not bad, but we don't really lack those.

The others are just squishy combat characters that don't do anything else, and there's a reason why Assassin is not popular despite having a better delivery method. Overall, solid meh. But they will be pretty proxies for sure!

I also noticed they are not keyworded to a subfaction like Devoted or Freeguild.

The battleshock immunity is a bit meh, because of 9" wholly within.

The mage can be frustrating for someone fielding Gotrek, especially when combined with a Chamon battlewizard. (Though move 2" and move 1" isn't that much of a difference.)

Overall, they perform as expected. Not entirely useless, but really not worth the time. I had hoped for better.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dekay said:

Quite like the idea of Glaurio (the duellist guy) as general made pretty survivable with -1 to hit and a 4+ bodyguard ward daring stuff to allocate attacks to to him and suffer mortal wounds in return, but he's not exactly worth the payoff of giving up a command trait for.

Like you said, the wizard's not complete butt, but the rest really aren't worth sneezing at. If they didn't have the leader role like the Grimwrath Berzerker and other non buffy combat heroes I'd probably take all of them as I hate painting models like to run a lot of characters, but yeah, sad. :( 

Just now, Vongolo said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/05/this-dad-and-daughter-duo-just-love-hunting-witches-together/

Our first new models. Coming with an unknown Broken realms book.

They're really showing us in evry signle one of them aren't they,

This is really heartening to me as I wasn't abandoning my cities but I was legitimately worried that GW would. It's really nice to get a release specifically for Cities and helps convince me we're an army and not a stopgap. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Vongolo said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/05/this-dad-and-daughter-duo-just-love-hunting-witches-together/

They're really putting us in evry single one of them aren't they,

This is extremely important. A lot of people have been waiting for the proof CoS will be getting actual updates in the future (being treated fairly well in Borken Realms helped, but still, no models) and getting new regular humans for CoS is exactly what we've been waiting for.

• Like 1

Yes,i started my city army because i loved end of times miniatures(and i hate the over the top aos miniatures).

2 years later i have 3000 points and increasing but i had the fear of gw dont releasing nothing for us in years and then deleting us.

Now im more safe buying more units!

Btw:i just re read the article and they said us allready one rule from the father: he can banish endless spells.

1 hour ago, dekay said:

This is extremely important. A lot of people have been waiting for the proof CoS will be getting actual updates in the future (being treated fairly well in Borken Realms helped, but still, no models) and getting new regular humans for CoS is exactly what we've been waiting for.

As an aside, the Empire Nobility Blood Bowl team has its separate release now, if you want to have characterful Freeguild troops.

How does Qulathis the Exile's Glade keyword interact in this case? Can she be designated a City keyword since she doesn't already have a home city? Does the Glade keyword interfere in any way?

Nevrmind, she doesn't have the Cities keyword at all, D'OH

Edited by Zamik
Goofed on the rules

4 hours ago, Vongolo said:

They're really putting us in evry single one of them aren't they,

I just realized, they are named characters, which seems usually tied to a subfaction.

I hope that's not the case, or that there are generic versions of the characters.

On 4/2/2021 at 5:24 AM, Evantas said:

They cast 2 spells at +1 to cast. Becomes a combat monster T3 onwards. Not too bad imo.

I re-read them and felt they were okay.  Not terrible, not great,.. but okay.  You are paying 130 points each, kinda high,.. and each has a neat ability.  Maybe at 200 points they would be more useful.  I don't think they warrant more than 100 points each.  The Nomad Prince is 120 and could easily be 100...  Does the Swordmaster bring much more?  no not really.  even 180 wouldn't be that shocking.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:42 PM, zilberfrid said:

Depends. Will they also leave Cities?

What does that mean for other Cities subfactions?

It is an interesting thing to think about.  When Kurnothi come out what will happen to Wanderers?  I imagine they will fade and wander away,.. grim as it sounds,..  

On 4/2/2021 at 7:23 PM, The Red King said:

Yeah they all seem pretty awful imo.

boy howdy the Sylvaneth one is a let down...

On 4/5/2021 at 11:41 AM, BrocknerTheBear said:

You could bring her in living city as she has the sylvaneth keyword 

But,.. she's not good... It is a shame she didn't get the old Waywatcher ability more effectively.  

30 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

It is an interesting thing to think about.  When Kurnothi come out what will happen to Wanderers?  I imagine they will fade and wander away,.. grim as it sounds,..  

Now I do think there is longevity in Cities, with non-Cursed City witchhunters being teased, but stripping bits off the roster is a bit worrying

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Now I do think there is longevity in Cities, with non-Cursed City witchhunters being teased, but stripping bits off the roster is a bit worrying

I think there's a good chance that Wanderers may be allowed in a Kurnothi army on a 1 in 4 basis - it would be the simplest way to do it.  It would encourage those who already own them to start another army and give more people a reason to buy them if they don't.  We get more choices and GW get more money.  It would be a win- win (-win?).

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 11:39 AM, Aelfric said:

I think there's a good chance that Wanderers may be allowed in a Kurnothi army on a 1 in 4 basis - it would be the simplest way to do it.  It would encourage those who already own them to start another army and give more people a reason to buy them if they don't.  We get more choices and GW get more money.  It would be a win- win (-win?).

Kurnothi are Sylvaneth.  Wanderers can already ally into Sylvaneth I believe?  

5 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

Kurnothi are Sylvaneth.  Wanderers can already ally into Sylvaneth I believe?  

They can, but they are only allies.  I mean in the same way that 1 in 4 units in a Living City army can be Sylvaneth; gaining the CoS and Living City keywords and so gaining the abilities associated with the army.  They wouldn't just be allies, but an intrinsic part of the faction.

2 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

They can, but they are only allies.  I mean in the same way that 1 in 4 units in a Living City army can be Sylvaneth; gaining the CoS and Living City keywords and so gaining the abilities associated with the army.  They wouldn't just be allies, but an intrinsic part of the faction.

Yeah,... no I understood the 1/4.  As much as I would like to agree with you I've been around long enough to be pessimistic about GW missing out on opportunities that are common sense.

I also think Lore-wise GW has moved away from old Wanderers being part of the Sylvaneth glades over them being forgiven by Alarielle and allowed to return to the living city.  However,..where are the kurnothi coming from then?  Kurnotheal (or whatever ORion's new name is) makin' babies with Alrielle?

14 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

Yeah,... no I understood the 1/4.  As much as I would like to agree with you I've been around long enough to be pessimistic about GW missing out on opportunities that are common sense.

I also think Lore-wise GW has moved away from old Wanderers being part of the Sylvaneth glades over them being forgiven by Alarielle and allowed to return to the living city.  However,..where are the kurnothi coming from then?  Kurnotheal (or whatever ORion's new name is) makin' babies with Alrielle?

I like to think that not all the Wanderers retreated to Azyr during the Age of Chaos and that some tribes (perhaps those dedicated to Kurnoth) remained to fight with Allarielle.  The Kurnothi could be their descendants, kin to modern day Wanderers but distinct from them.  There is no canon for this that I know of, but it would make a plausible explanation.  I live in hope (as does my Wanderers army :) )

I understand your fears, but I'd say the last thing that can happen is GW killing off Wanderers. Sure, they've squatted good plastic models in the past (poor Empire Knights), but all remaining Wanderer kits are too good and too new. Killing off kits that can easily live for 10 more years without looking dated while you still have such outdated kits like Skaven ones... That would be quite crazy.

6 hours ago, Zeblasky said:

I understand your fears, but I'd say the last thing that can happen is GW killing off Wanderers. Sure, they've squatted good plastic models in the past (poor Empire Knights), but all remaining Wanderer kits are too good and too new. Killing off kits that can easily live for 10 more years without looking dated while you still have such outdated kits like Skaven ones... That would be quite crazy.

The issue would not be dumping the Wanderers models entirely, but removing them from Cities, as GW doesn't do multi faction models all that often

grafik.png.d49768185a4d446aeadefd3b91cf5ed8.png

Hey Guys,

Realy wanna start an Wanderers themed Army, and i also realy wanna include Drycha as a main threat.

What do you think of this List, to start on 1000 Points Living City?

Drycha will be my Leader, with a "Ironoak artisan"(2+ Save) and "Spear of the Hunt", inflitrating the Enemie Backline, shooting and using the "Strike and Melt away" Command-Ability to get into combat. Blob of Eternal guard will be my main defens on my side, probably getting buffed by the Sisters. Darkshards and Shadow Warriors to grab Objectives.

Or Maybe make 2 x 10 Eternal Guard, and 20 Darkshards, to be a bigger Threat? If Drycha inflirates the Back, maybe I need more offens coming from my Side to follow up her attack ?

Edited by Scheppi