AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

9 hours ago, xking said:

What's up with that Lord Commander? Don't really like the model, seems kind of plane and boring in my opinion.

Everyone has their own tastes, personally I think it's a wonderful model with a great deal of character in a very well-executed pose.

9 hours ago, xking said:

Are stormhost rules still a thing?

We won't know until the book comes out or GW previews rules. Safe bet though.

9 hours ago, xking said:

Do we have an idea of when it's coming out?

August, that's all the information we have.

9 hours ago, xking said:

The end of August!? That seems like a long time. Didn't 3rd Edition come out like over a month ago?

Entirely likely to be the end of the month, this is what GW often does, I believe they did that with the Space Marine and Necron codexes at the start of 9th ed 40k.

9 hours ago, xking said:

How synergistic are the new warscrolls with the old warscrolls?( currently ) . I asked this knowing that stormcast were never really synergistic with one another. Hopefully this has been fixed in some way.

We won't know until the book comes out or GW previews rules.

7 hours ago, xking said:

When did 3rd Edition drop, just seems like it was a while ago.

July 3rd, about a month ago.

5 hours ago, xking said:

Yes, this is true. But if we are talking about a lord-Commander, there is only one for each stormhost.  Vandus deserved the position more. It is Vandus that claimed ghal maraz, it was Vandus that warned Sigmar to heed the malign portents  and it was Vandus who faced the everchosen in the realm of metal and lived to tell the tale. And it is Vandus who is the inspiring leader of the Hammers of Sigmar. Everything in the lore pointed to Vandus being chosen to be the Lord-Commander, this was a literally stated in a novel.

You must understand, that to me. Someone who has read the lore and stories from the beginning and likes vandus for who he is. Some random dude being chosen as Lord-Commander is extremely disappointing.

There's a number of speculative reasons why Vandus isn't the new Lord-Commander. For one, Vandus already has rules! GW doesn't like to remove models that have rules that they are still producing, so it'd be strange to have Vandus, Lord-Celestant of the Hammerhands and Vandus, Lord-Commander of the Hammers of Sigmar in the same book. They've only done this once (that I'm aware of) with Radukar in Soulblight Gravelords and I doubt they'd do it again so soon. Especially because, unfortunately, not everyone reads the novels religiously. Not everyone was around during AoS first edition. So there's a good chance that many Stormcast Players don't even know who the heck Vandus is, so there's no difference between Vandus and Bastian, as far as they're concerned. Also, I haven't read every story, but Vandus seems like the type to either be elevated to a Celestial (like Yndrasta or Celestant-Prime) or choose willingly to remain the Lord-Celestant so that he can better serve Sigmar in the way he knows best, with Heldensen through Korghos Khul's head.

3 hours ago, xking said:

It is something bad going on with games workshop? 

You'd have to be more specific 😛 there's a lot of controversy going on with GW's updated Fan Content Policy, but that'd be best discussed elsewhere.

That was a lot of questions >_< lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

I bet that DsT or LCoD will make DG a battleline lol. 

This would be a dream come true for me.  I have been wanting this since the dracothian guard came out and I'm still waiting.  

New dragons are awesome!  I will certainly pick up a couple to add to the collection.  I will, however, riot if GW gives us a way to make the new dragons battleline but continues to disappoint me on the dracoth battle line. Come on, it will only take one line of text in the new battletome lol

Edited by Mikosan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I kind of wish that the new Knight was a woman. They came out strong with Yndrasta and less strong with the Knight-Arcanum but unless I'm misremembering all the heroes revealed since have been dudes. 

The models are awesome though, definitely the highlight of an already incredibly good-looking wave. Did they specify somewhere whether the Knight-Draconis was built out of the same kit as the guard? I don't see anything about it but it seems likely. Really hoping that the minimum unit size is one if that's the case, would really suck if you had to have an odd-man out.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Kaptinskaggy said:

I kind of wish that the new Knight was a woman. They came out strong with Yndrasta and less strong with the Knight-Arcanum but unless I'm misremembering all the heroes revealed since have been dudes. 

The models are awesome though, definitely the highlight of an already incredibly good-looking wave. Did they specify somewhere whether the Knight-Draconis was built out of the same kit as the guard? I don't see anything about it but it seems likely. Really hoping that the minimum unit size is one if that's the case, would really suck if you had to have an odd-man out.

That would be what they did with both kinds of Evocators and the Knight Incantor/ Lord Arcanum on Dracoline, respectively. But buy does my wallet hurt already. I planned on picking up dominion next week, guess i'll save up for some dragon knights.

Oh and I've already made peace with the possibility that these dragon knights and dragon heroes are totally separate and dont talk to our preexisting dracothian guard and stardrakes.

I own 3 stardrakes and 6 guard but I'll get over it. This is the nature of the game - cool stuff comes out non-stop.

Rules wise, they may still throw a curve ball and all extremis is extremely good.

Could indeed be a sin guy tome.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Dare we hope?! Imagine if we get to be Drukhari in AoS. The fanbase will meltdown as we melt Nagash, Archaon, Morathi et al. Not Gotrek, that little sucker is still an avoid on sight.

There’s every reason to think these guys will be busted.

Fly, expected 3+ save, minimum 5 wounds (so count as double for objectives), probably a 12” move, all great in this edition. As battleline they can be reinforced twice and you don’t have to take liberators.

In addition, GW base rules around model visuals. Oh, this looks like it does xyz so we’ll give it some special ability. This is where sin writing usually creeps in. These models look fantastic so will probably get some good rules to go with them. But even if they don’t, the above rules are already pretty good.

Then consider that they might have the monster keyword and oh boy

probably like 300-400 points though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nizrah said:

nope

It had been awhile since I seen any Warhammer stuff on YouTube. But in my feed a bunch of stuff just popped up Complaining about GW from a variety of a different content creators. The videos were all made Within a short time of each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jhamslam said:

id bet 7 or 8 like IDK Sharks

Definitely more than Dracoths, probably same unit size and 300 for 2 like initial evocators on dracolines

That would be great, clearly they look impressive and have huge bases.
It makes sense that these would fight in the same category.

I doubt they will get the "monster" keyword though, but they will most likely get some spicy special rules in the form of mortal wounds, probably buff to magic abilities...Etc

Definitely HEAVILY considering going hard on Dragons. Stormcast were in a weird side spot for me, supplementing my Cities until I see if they can finally make pure Stormcast interesting for me. 

Now this. Oh my... Been wanting a dragon army for a WHILE, though mine had more ties to Soulblight....might have to figure some conversions...? Who knows.

BIG fan of these new dragons. I don’t know if I will build an army purely of dragons, but I’m thinking that a couple of dragon riders with a core of Liberator stonks will combo really well with each other. Cheap battle line with really good objective securing and a pretty tanky statline combined with an absolute hammer of a unit in the dragon riders.

• Like 1