AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

4 hours ago, Revan123 said:

Models yes, rules are not so good. Too expensive for what they do

I pray Nurgle for point reductions in our fabulous models but unreasonably priced like:

slopitty

spoilpox

the 3 maggot lords 

pusgoyles

nurglings

and... Those awesome models, beasts of Nurgle

Played my first game the other day with the following list below. Very happy with the outcome (first game first win!) Played against the following list

1x Demonprince 

2x5 Skullcrushers

2x10 Chaos Knights

1x Warshrine

1x Banner of some sort that has an 18inch aura of something :) 

1x Chaos Lord on Jugger

1x Chaos Lord 

My list: 

Allegiance: Nurgle
Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Archaon (660)
- General
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
- Lore of Foulness: Magnificent Buboes
The Glottkin (420)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
- Lore of Foulness: Plague Squall
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- Artefact: The Witherstave  
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
20 x Plague Monks (140)
- Foetid Blades
3 x Nurglings (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 157

7 hours ago, Wulfenone said:

Played my first game the other day with the following list below. Very happy with the outcome (first game first win!) Played against the following list

1x Demonprince 

2x5 Skullcrushers

2x10 Chaos Knights

1x Warshrine

1x Chaos Lord on Jugger

1x Chaos Lord 

My list: 

Archaon (660)
- General
The Glottkin (420)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- Axes & Shields
20 x Plague Monks (140)
- Foetid Blades
3 x Nurglings (100)

congrats but Your opponent list was very weak in my opinion, and yours is super strong! He has no chance to win. Im envy green because I want to.buy.both archaon and the glottkin

Hey there. 

I have a mostly knights slaves to darkness that I was thinking of using to try me some nurgle. Of the allegiences it seems like it has a good mix of sturdy spells and hitting unlike the other marked groups. Especially the glotkin seems interesting since he gets 2 spells and has a very useful seeing command ability. Bit then I'd be tempted to get into infantry, since chaos warriors are just worse than basically everything else... I think there was a big analysis on page 40 or so that was very helpful

I was therefore considrering either Marauders or plague monks. Any thoughts on which go better with a glottkin? The maurauders have terrible models which is a bit of a negative.... Maybe I would use the kairic acolyte models.

9 hours ago, Wulfenone said:

1x Demonprince 

2x5 Skullcrushers

2x10 Chaos Knights

1x Warshrine

1x Chaos Lord on Jugger

1x Chaos Lord 

My list: 

Archaon (660)
- General
The Glottkin (420)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- Axes & Shields
20 x Plague Monks (140)
- Foetid Blades
3 x Nurglings (100)

You do know that both Archie and the Glottkin can only choose one of those spells, right?

A quick update on my doubles tournament I had 2 weeks ago.  My partner and I managed to come in 4th which we felt was pretty good as we're not hardcore tournament players.  My take away and fun moments:

Wheel abuse is real and extremely good.

Archie pretty much got turn 1 charge every game due to my cheeky Nurgle tree.

Summoning 5-10 plaguebearers to grab or reinforce an objective is clutch. 

30 Chaos Warriors tarpitted an opponent's  Archie all game.

Overall I had a great time and we raised $1400 in direct donations to Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto (the real winners of the tournament).  😊

Edited by cplhicks

36 minutes ago, cplhicks said:

A quick update on my doubles tournament I had 2 weeks ago.  My partner and I managed to come in 4th which we felt was pretty good as we're not hardcore tournament players.  My take away and fun moments:

Wheel abuse is real and extremely good.

Archie pretty much got turn 1 charge every game due to my cheeky Nurgle tree.

Summoning 5-10 plaguebearers to grab or reinforce an objective is clutch. 

30 Chaos Warriors tarpitted an opponent's  Archie all game.

Overall I had a great time and we raised $1400 in direct donations to Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto (the real winners of the tournament).  😊

Oh thats amazing congrats brother!

1 hour ago, cplhicks said:

Wow, good work! Bit conflicted about a nurgle player raising money for sick kids though... Seems like a conflict of interests :P

I had my first games the weekend before last and had a great time. I played Seraphon and Nighthaunt at the 1250pt level with a lot of proxies for models I haven't built or painted yet so the table looked pretty silly but I still had a blast. My biggest surprise was Horticulous who I only took for the extra tree and to activate Locus abilities (I had a Daemon heavy list), but ended up being an all around star during both games. He's surprisingly tanky with that 3+ save, Disgustingly Resilient and healing himself 1 a turn with his "In Death there is Life" ability. I also loved the flexibility of tanking a single enemy unit/hero or running away when surrounded to get in some cheeky mortal wounds to multiple units. Not sure if he would suffers in bigger games, but at the level we were playing he was a real MVP. Such an amazing model too.

• Haha 1

Hey could someone clarify for me: Do Feculent Gnarlmaws activate the Sickness Blossoms ability of their warscrolls in both players' hero phase, or just friendly hero phases?

The wording says "At the start of the Hero Phase", so I would interpret that as being in both hero phases, with the player whose turn it is deciding the order of abilities that activate at the start of the turn. When I showed the wording to a more experienced player though, he said it was only in my turn and that it would be a bit too powerful if it was both.

Edited by Dreadmund

On 12/13/2018 at 4:44 AM, PUFNSTUF said:

Has anyone tried out the beasts of chaos battalion in Nurgle yet? If so how did it go?

I am thinking of 20-30 bestigors as a core, with +6 movement from GUO and Shaman and charge after run, it is stupidly fast. Also you can cast putrification blades on them and annigilate 10+ man squads. Centigors seem like a good option too.

7x tusgor chariots also seem very strong, just to charge in an explode. Similarly centigores go great with blades of putrefaction and aren't bad on their own either

Some questions for you all: I'm looking to get a single big mob of something to go with a glottkin. Choices are maurauders (terrible models) or plague monks. Any thoughts on which is better with it? Plague monks seem like they do substantially more damage and despite the lack of save, really aren't that much less sturdy. Also way better models, although not battleline....

I'm taking my growing army back home for Christmas this weekend. I have three games lined up against Nighthaunt, Stormcast and another Stormcast. I don't have enough models to make up a 2k list yet, so we're playing at the 1k level. I'd welcome any feedback on the list below!

Leaders:
General: Poxbringer (Lore: Favored Poxes, Command Trait: Grandfather's Blessing)
Lord of Plagues (Artefact: Ghyrstrike)
Horticulus Slimux

Battleline:
30 x Plaguebearers
5 x Putrid Blightkings

Total: 960pts

The plan is to plant Horticulus' extra tree in the first hero phase, and if I have 7 contagion points by the movement phase which is likely, I'll summon a third. That will give me some board control and/or lots of summoning points in the remaining rounds. The lord of Plagues has an artefact in case he has to claim an objective that can only be claimed by a wizard or a hero with an artefact. Otherwise I would give the Poxbringer the Witherstave. I swamp an objective with plaguebearers supported by the poxbringer, and have the blightkings running around with the lord of plagues and horticulous. With all those trees, and if I get into enemy territory I should be able to use summoning to reinforce fairly quickly with whatever the situation calls for.

Edited by Dreadmund

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

Anyone every try running Pusgoyle Blightlords with the Harbinger of Decay for a 4+/5++/5+++? Save after the save abilities still stack right? I know they changed it in 40k but I haven't found anything against it in AoS.

I’ve been considering this combo for my 6 pusgoyles. The abilities do stack. If they come down in price next GHB it could be great. 

On 7/24/2018 at 9:53 AM, grungolah said:

I think we all agree that the concept of "point of origin" would answer this question differently.   It's going to need an errata to get there.  Right now, the caster's base is the GUO's base.

Gents!  Take a look at the very last question of the Malign Sorcery FAQ.  It's official!  Thrice Befoulment can shoot plague winds dealing 3D3 mortals  in excess of 30". 

How do you Maggots find vanguard games? I tend to play a lot of 1000pt level games at the moment. This isn't really out of choice, I'm stuck with a 4x4 table at home for the time being. I'm finding it very hard to be effective at 1000pts and I'm struggling to put my finger on why.

I'm playing against Legions of Nagash almost exclusively. I don't feel there is enough in the tool box at 1000pts to put up any real resistance against them. I can't set up a big enough anvil to weather the 40 skeleton assault without compromising every other element of the list. If I do dish out enough damage to kill something I'm too slow to pressure grave sites and find myself back to square one.

Anyone have any advice or experience for things to consider at the 1k level? I can't seem to find the balance to mitigate our slow movement and low damage output. Or is Nurgle at 1k just a very tough ask?