STORMCAST: The official Warhammer Age of Sigmar Podcast

GW just uploaded a first teaser for tomorrows first episode of the Stormcast podcast

Im really happy with the audio quality. Im not a native speaker and the background noises during the Warhammer TV livestream where always a massiv turn off for me as it was hard to understand when not paying full attention. 

They also announced on Facebook that they will have a podcasts ready three (3!) times a week. 

I will definitiv tune in tomorrow to see if they can deliver.

Why should they say otherwise? Beyond the reality of running a company, I hope they believe so much in what they do that they are vocal about it.

I can’t imagine their podcast, even more they first one, stating « yeah, it is okay. Some people will more or less like our stuff » :D

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I enjoyed it but it was much too short. 

My thoughts as well but they are doing three episodes a week so I can forgive the length of the show. I think it’s just a quick news show and a way of getting customers to hear interviews from the designers or listen to tactics, if they don’t have access to twitch

We have a podcast coming from hobby Mecca, what would you guys like to hear from it? Within reason of course as they surely can’t divulgr the release schedule and so forth. I guess the presenters must be open to suggestions?

One of the things I love about podcasts is hobby progress. I’d really like to hear the presenters talk about what they are doing with their hobby. It was a big disappointment to me when Heelanhammer started skipping this segment. 

Anyway so far so good, let’s see how they keep the enthusiasm up over the coming months.

I enjoyed the first episode. Obviously it's more an advert than an actual discussion, but good production values and it's cool that we're going to get actual snippets of new information out of it. Only thing this episode was they kept turning away from the mics - I'm surprised the engineer didn't bring that up, considering it's edited rather than live. But I'm sure that's something they can sort out. 

6 hours ago, Waiyuren said:

Are you able to lip read? They call it a podcast, but it has video...

yes I can read lips. But it is not an exact science and depend on each people: for example, Bruce Willis is one of the worst (I never could read anything on him :()

I don't see video :-( only mp3 records.

Not bad, but was definitely short. Which may work out in the end, as it'll be easy to fit into a quick bus trip instead of the podcasts I usually listen to (Which span like 4-6 trips). It might end up being a lot easier for me to fit it in.

As for the content, it felt like both Pete and Jervis doubled up on what they were speaking about for the new edition. Which I feel was a bit of a waste given it's our inside peak behind the scenes.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out over the next few months. 

I liked the short format as I tend to prefer well rounded podcasts with clear sections and topics instead of talking too much and delaying the subtance.

If the frequency is weekly it's even better.

The guests did add some good insight and more quiet commentaries as the hosts.

Guess we're all a bit excited with AoS2 ;).

It was interesting, but I would rather have had the same length but with only one guest so they could do more than scratch the surface and read out recent community articles.

I’d also prefer it if it was hosted by some of the more personable members of the team like Lydia, Rob, Duncan, Peachy, Eliot, Nick or Martyn. 

21 hours ago, S133arcanite said:

Have we got the new episode yet?

Yes it's now on the YouTube feed. Linked below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH6j7vdsjT0

So far I'm liking it. The short regular format is ideal for me. I rarely get the chance to watch Warhmmer TV live and then never get around to watching the past broadcasts so I'm hoping this will summarise most of the main announcements.

If anyone from GW is reading could I suggest that the podcast would be a great place to finally reveal some of the rumor engine articles.

Also, the titles they've been giving each guest is a nice touch.:D

14 minutes ago, AdamJ said:

If anyone from GW is reading could I suggest that the podcast would be a great place to finally reveal some of the rumor engine articles.

Problem is this would be great on the YouTube version but not great for audio. 

15 minutes ago, AdamJ said:

So far I'm liking it. The short regular format is ideal for me. I rarely get the chance to watch Warhmmer TV live and then never get around to watching the past broadcasts so I'm hoping this will summarise most of the main announcements.

I think this is one of the reasons why they are doing it. Personally I would love to have a Warhammer TV New bulletin show on YouTube as I don't get enough time to watch all the shows in a week (although this might change when I finish having my hobby room decorated).

7 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Problem is this would be great on the YouTube version but not great for audio. 

Good point, I've only watch the video version so far and forgot some folks will be going for audio only.

Do GW ever link new model announcements to the rumor engine articles? I like the idea of the rumor engine but I find that months later I'm thinking was that model ever revealed. It would be nice to see the loop closed somehow as to what's been rereleased and what's still a rumor.

22 minutes ago, AdamJ said:

Do GW ever link new model announcements to the rumor engine articles? I like the idea of the rumor engine but I find that months later I'm thinking was that model ever revealed. It would be nice to see the loop closed somehow as to what's been rereleased and what's still a rumor.

Personally I doubt it unless they do it as a quick comment on Warhammer TV or in a interview/conversation. Just need to remember that some people enjoy the guessing ;) 

11 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

too bad there isn't any subtitles (and BTW no way to read lips)

Try dropping them an email, it seems like an oversight rather than a deliberate omission. Subtitles should be fairly easy to implement going forward, wouldn't harm the product at all and would make it more accessible. Win, win, win.

Archived