Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Riddles said:

I'm guessing there'll be a way to dispel it rather thank kill it with conventional means

Maybe it's something where a wizard can dispel it by being within range?  Though that might be too 'easy' to pull off. Maybe it's a decently high roll like an 8+?

2 hours ago, Redbaron said:

Hi, I have a quick side question you can probably answer: 

ive been saving my money and intending to buy the original AoS starter set - the one with stormcast and Blades of Khorne. Now there’s talk of a new AoS set coming out, do you think the original one will still be available? Or do I really have to get my skates on and buy it before it disappears? ?

Totally depends what you fancy mate! I'm going to go so far as to suggest the new one will be £95 and will contain a weighty book like 40k with fuqloads of lore, in addition to the new rules and stuff. And cool models, obviously!

2 hours ago, Redbaron said:

ive been saving my money and intending to buy the original AoS starter set - the one with stormcast and Blades of Khorne. Now there’s talk of a new AoS set coming out, do you think the original one will still be available? Or do I really have to get my skates on and buy it before it disappears? ?

Hi, I've read somewhere (Dakka Dakka maybe ?) that the original Starter set will be removed. So if you do not like the new one, I'd say get this one ASAP. 

If it's not for the models, maybe wait the new one. 

It's also possible that this smaller version of the original stareer will stay, but reboxed with the new rules : https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Age-of-sigmar-thunder-and-blood-eng-2017

Maybe you can get this one instead, if you really like the models but do not want to spend 75£ ?

EDIT : I just saw on Facebook a post from a french GW shop : they will take back the two types of the original starter set soon, so really, if you like it for the models, buy it ASAP !

17 hours ago, Kramer said:

wasn't to specific as I remember. Just said a couple of Varanguard units with archon equals 1600 pts leaving 400pts for Slaves to Darkness allies.

It was archaon, 3x varangaurd, gaunt summoner, and the battalion for 1600.

Currently this setup clocks in at 1940 which means 340 would need to be removed. 100 from the battalion, 100 from archaon, and 40 from each varangaurd unit.

13 hours ago, Redbaron said:

Maybe they are just trying to push sales, but my GW store manager has been heavily hinting to us that the old starters are soon to be on the way out.

1 hour ago, BarrowLord said:

Maybe they are just trying to push sales, but my GW store manager has been heavily hinting to us that the old starters are soon to be on the way out

My LGS owner stated as much with "I just got them in!" earlier this week, when he got his GW newsletter.

2 minutes ago, Karol said:

Maybe the new one is going to be better, although am not sure how khorn players are suppose to get their key characters, when they are sold only in the big two starter set.

Krull is sell alone since some time now, they could do that with the other Khorne hero.

Same goes with Lord Relictor, I hope GW starts selling them like they did with Vanrus and Krull. 

1 hour ago, Dragobeth said:

Krull is sell alone since some time now, they could do that with the other Khorne hero.

Same goes with Lord Relictor, I hope GW starts selling them like they did with Vanrus and Krull. 

Blood Stoker, Khorgorath & Lord Relictor are currently all only available in the starter set :(

18 hours ago, Zitroni said:

This looks like a summoned unit with a movement characteristic. Maybe even Wounds.

i think the spell will be summoned somewhere, then will advance in a straight line every hero phase, killing everything in his path. Maybe the direction will be random, for MAXIMUM CHAOS and making magic powerful, but much more dangerous

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

Blood Stoker, Khorgorath & Lord Relictor are currently all only available in the starter set :(

I really hope GW starts to sell them, I love Relictor but I couldn't find anyone to share the Khorne part of the box (starting 2 armies is something that right now I can't affort for now and I don't like having minis without use, I "feel bad" for it)

4 minutes ago, ledha said:

i think the spell will be summoned somewhere, then will advance in a straight line every hero phase, killing everything in his path. Maybe the direction will be random, for MAXIMUM CHAOS and making magic powerful, but much more dangerous

Random direction could be cool, it really goes with the weirnob style, I like it.

GW will be selling premium scatter dice to assist with this new mechanic! ;)

Perhaps a die that can indicate that something with the fire spell went wrong. Perhaps misfire dice are a good idea! 

7 minutes ago, Elmir said:

GW will be selling premium scatter dice to assist with this new mechanic! ;)

Perhaps a die that can indicate that something with the fire spell went wrong. Perhaps misfire dice are a good idea! 

They do still make them for Necromunda.  

Scatter dice are really handy for Narrative and Open play for random placement of scenery, movement and stuff they should defo bring out an AoS themed one. 

So many blur areas in the upcoming AoS 2 magic mechanics. Speculations here and there.

But according to the preview, this kind of spell needs:

- duration?

- movment mechanics (random? change of direction? control? etc...

- counter spell? (dispell? limit of numbers of same spells? ...)

- ressource?  big/powerfull spell need more energy/ressource to be casted: time/level of the  caster/random etc... Important to avoid big spam

So, now, I'm just hopping that GW did right to avoid some wizzard spaming magic...

That also adds some artillery-like unit for cheap: a wizard is so easy to create or already exists in most armies. So, GW adds some rules and we immediatly got big boom guys.

On the other hand, I am glad to see that GW is adding a real artillery machinery into the very starter box. Maybe we will see more of this (beloved) machine for other armies: catapults for orcs/destruction or death armies? canon for men/karadons/dwarves? etc...

That also adds some artillery-like unit for cheap: a wizard is so easy to create or already exists in most armies. So, GW adds some rules and we immediatly got big boom guys.

Maybe artilery is going to be the "wizards" of the non magic factions. Khorn, BRC or Stormcasts have no mages. So GW could give them 80-160pts artilery units with simiular effects. Later they could added them to factions already with wizards, like nurgle moratars buffing/debuffing units with spore clouds. There is a lot of possibilities for cool interactions. I just hope they don't make crew sniperable, because that would be bad.

Plus I had a dream about a khorn siege mortar being able to create units of bloodletters, if they kill enough dudes with one shot. ?

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

They are getting mages and artillery. Ofc the faction could be part independent from the other chambers (prob not).

Ok, that is kind of a stupid. Not saying stormcasts shouldn't get more models, but are they actually the faction that needs more models. When there are factions made out of 3-4 models?

27 minutes ago, Karol said:

Ok, that is kind of a stupid. Not saying stormcasts shouldn't get more models, but are they actually the faction that needs more models. When there are factions made out of 3-4 models?

They are adding a magic supplement to the game. Stormcast can Ally any order faction, so it makes sense to release stormcast wizards so everyone can participate.

I think that GW is very smart with their release schedule for Stormcasts. The only standalone stormcast release has been Extremists chamber. The original release dropped with khorne bloodbound, the Varanguard release dropped with Nurgle, and now the Sacrosanct is dropping with Nighthaunt.  Releasing stormcast is not taking away potential releases for other factions. 

Isnt't the number of wizards also limited, because you only have a limited number of heroes to play in a matched play game? Most of the wizards are heroes.

In a 1000 point game you can only use 4 heroes and in a 2000 point game you can only use 6 heroes. So I don't see the danger of wizard spamming. Or am I missing something.

The thing is also I have never played a 2000 point game with my gaming group. Only 1000 point games.

Archived