Adepticon 2018 Top Lists & Results

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to ask again but given the new AoS team being confirmed for FW, I’d love if anyone attending could perhaps pick the FW booth attendant’s brains and see if they do have a Battletome planned for their Fimir and Chaos Dwarf lines. Soooo glad that Khorne Dragon is almost done so they can work on other things again! 

Ugh, why GW?  WHY?

Here I am having made AoS my exclusively played miniature wargame, and you have to go and release and tease new Imperial Knight models?  And then mention plastic Sisters of Battle coming?

But seriously, that Knight stuff?  That's what I was most excited about in the Adepticon announcements.  Yeah, the Idoneth Deepkin were awesome and look cool, but the Gundam/mech/robot/sci-fi fan in me got all giddy like a schoolgirl for that Knight teaser video.

I haven't been able to bring myself to buy into the latest edition of 40K, but dagnabbit!  These Knights might just do the trick for me.

19 minutes ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

Ugh, why GW?  WHY?

Here I am having made AoS my exclusively played miniature wargame, and you have to go and release and tease new Imperial Knight models?  And then mention plastic Sisters of Battle coming?

But seriously, that Knight stuff?  That's what I was most excited about in the Adepticon announcements.  Yeah, the Idoneth Deepkin were awesome and look cool, but the Gundam/mech/robot/sci-fi fan in me got all giddy like a schoolgirl for that Knight teaser video.

I haven't been able to bring myself to buy into the latest edition of 40K, but dagnabbit!  These Knights might just do the trick for me.

I'm in the same boat - I was fairly content with my Questoris Household being complete and they've released the Armiger and now the new Castellan :(  And here was me planning 2018 as a year of AoS!

28 minutes ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

Ugh, why GW?  WHY?

3 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm in the same boat - I was fairly content with my Questoris Household being complete and they've released the Armiger and now the new Castellan :(  And here was me planning 2018 as a year of AoS!

I'll echo this as well. I barely managed to avoid the Tau release (suspect because there were no new suits) but all the new Knight stuff gets me very excited. My pile of Space Marines will probably get neglected still as I try not to get distracted with the knights! 

Anyway less 40K....

Deepkin look amazing. Not what I had in my head (Bio mecha suits.... humm I think there is a theme in what I like here), but I still like it. Brilliant to see it as I know if they did this a few years ago, the Fantasy community would be storming Nottingham with Pitchforks as it would be too different. I love the potential the range has as well as what the future holds. I need to see the prices first before I commit but I'm hoping they are reasonable.  

1 hour ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

Ugh, why GW?  WHY?

its what pulled me into 40k!

I do hope that they (they won't of course) do with the knight codex what they did with 30k, where you cheese the pilot and then give him the chassis.

But I'm real interested in the malign portents twists - did anyone notice a storm of magic style graphic on that floaty bloatfish skull thingy?

And what's nagash going to pull out?

Ok, ive watched the vids again..

im going to make a prediction...

Storm of magic ( maybe not the same name but I’ll even put money on it being called the same) campaign coming after malign portents- the winds of magic going crazy in the aftermath of nagash’s grand plan :)

On 3/22/2018 at 11:16 AM, AgeofsigmarEU said:

Thanks @Antipodean7 for setting up the page and making the thread. Your site is my go to one for updated info on these kinds of things :) 

Thanks - just trying to collate all the various sources of information in a way that avoids clickbait and ridiculous adverts.   Glad its appreciated :) 

6 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Do we know any of the allegiances beyond the top 3 yet?

Maybe I'm being dumb but all I can see on the official link is a list of people's names, and no info on the armies?

Alex will be sending me the top 10 lists.  I know people have been asking about allegiances but I don’t know if they were/are captured in Warscore (I suspect not) so someone would need to go through and add them all manually.  There are a lot of lists across all the events.

Archived