Malign Portents

Will Myers

2 hours ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

No, Morathi. Time and time again she's proven to be the responsible of all the  mess-ups that happened int he warhammer world. And you can't bet that the events of the mortal realms are no different!

Good catch!! Immediately thought about her.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Ryan Taylor said:

Kinda hope we get a model of him. Even just a resin one off. Doesn't need rules just a cool watcher. 

Even better if his rules did not involve the armies, but scenario. A special scenario where he watches a battle of significance, giving each side some kind of fated bonus if they do certain things, making each player debate if they want to do the "fated" option and risk their opponent's knowing their moves, or buck fate and take their opponent by surprise.

I am SUPER stoked for whatever is in the Malign Portents book. Hope we get it soon.

Malign Portents - The Visitor

I look into the flames of my humble fire and dwell on all I have seen.
The first cries of battle are soaring up.
War is coming.
I am no Stormcast hero. No Lord of the Free Peoples.

I seeeeeee you..
No!
Little spyyyy..
No!

Oh yeees!! I seeeee you.. watching the tide of war ebb and flow across the Mortal Realms..
Spy of the Champions of Gods and Goddesses from the safety of your warded sanctuary.
But I see you nooowww.. You should run, little spyyyy.. Ruuun and praayyyy!
Pray that my children don't take yooouu aliiiive..

13 minutes ago, Ryan Taylor said:

Didn't they sale Aelves would have little to do with MP?

Yup phil kelly said as such in the stream. I assume its neferata I mean her thing is spying. Plus she talked of her children finding him. Still I could be wrong.

49 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Pretty sure it’s morathi and her shadow kin... remember the crescent moon is also the symbol of lileath and appears on the mistweaver saihs staff...

oh, wow, yea there's two cresents on the model, so yea it looks pretty legit.

also that sword looks an awful lot like the death relm symbol...

Aelf life 3 confirmed

11 hours ago, Infeston said:

Jeah but I also have to agree that I very often see parallels between Aryans and Stormcast. Sigmar only selects the best and perfect as his Stormcast. He does not allow Corruption. There are many similarities between Stormcast and the NS Regime. Trust me, I am german. I know my stuff. :-P

So I would agree that Stormcast don't seem to be the overall good guys. 

On the other hand I have a question.  I know Chaos is always about corruption but are there examples of Chaos soldiers or monsters who show some empathy or dignity? I have never read into Chaos that much. But for me Chaos was always the incarnation of evil. On the other hand I don't know if they also live "normal lifes" or have families etc.? Most of the time I think about Chaos as humans twisted and corrupted to their core, so that there is no humanity left in them.

But is this correct? Or are there examples of Chaos soldiers who  are "nice guys" ?

Canto became Archaons chief enforcer after the fall of middenhiem in the last end times book, and he had a light side to him. Some who follow chaos do so out of survival as much as anything. The duplicity of man is a powerful factor.

15 minutes ago, firebat said:

Daemons of Slaanesh > Proceeds to list 3 Slaves to Darkness units 9_9

Although the Skaven Pestilens one is more amusing

Is it really that surprising? 

Basically you can gather from that page that they're basically listing plastic kits.  And possibly even plastic kits that you can actually purchase in GW stores (not web exclusive).  Was even going to suggest that maybe it's only round based stuff as well, but potentially the Moonclan Grots and Spider Riders go against this.

But overall, I think the theme is obviously - here's a bunch of plastic kits that loosely align to the faction that you're collecting that you could expand your army with.

At the end of the day, Daemons of Slaanesh and Slaves to Darkness isn't really that oddball. You can mark all that stuff Slaanesh after all.

Most likely they want people to diversify in what kits they want to get though, and not just paint the same stuff over and over. Like for Pestilens, I'm sure another Start Collecting set would likely be the better way to expand your army instead (Although the Corruptor is a fine choice as well).

4 hours ago, firebat said:

Daemons of Slaanesh > Proceeds to list 3 Slaves to Darkness units 9_9

Although the Skaven Pestilens one is more amusing

You think those are weird? Have a look at the death ones...

FEC --> neferata?
Skeletal horde --> soulblight units?
Malignants --> Arkhan?

That's really not what I had in mind when they mentioned the legion of Sacrament, blood and night so far...

7 hours ago, Teuchter said:

@skool @RuneBrush close ups of each factions month 3 painting competition.

Cheers!  Some really interesting progression tree suggestions there :)  Going to see how quickly I can paint up some skeletons this weekend to see if I want to join in with the fun :D

Archived