• Zombie Horde
    • Completely New Destruction
    • Completely New Order
    • Completely New Chaos
    • Completely New Death
    • FyreSlayers
    • Seraphon
    • Chaos Dwarf

Hey was wondering what kind of Faction you are most excited about, IF you have something not on the list post it and Ill add it =D

For me Its the Deep Aelves, I love squid monsters and the thought of point eared deep ones I love

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, the one I (totally selfishly) would want is Greenskinz (standard Orruks and/or Gitmob Grots).

On a sidenote, One little typo had me realise there's a very fine line between aelfish and selfish... Coincidence? Most likely not! ;)

1 hour ago, awcamawn said:

Not sure I know what bird Aelves are but they sound cool.

Basically take the swift hawk raiders/hawk riders, lock em in a realm for a couple thousand years, and out pop Aelves who have used magic to take on a bird form, think the bird people from Zelda, only more blood and magic, if Tzaangors where good and could fly, with giant pet birdmonsters

I voted Cthulhu Aelves but do not really want them to be aquatic themed, just want some awesome not good Elf action - Dark Elves, Lust Elves whatever - make them cruel and wicked and gorgeous to look at but I am ok with tentacle monsters too - just don't want the Black Ark Corsairs to be my army, never liked that part of the Dark Elf books from way back.

I also really want to see what happened to Slaanesh or at least some sort of new deity to take his/her place in their absence.  I have some Deamonetts and a Demon Princess and a unit of Slaaneshi Minotaurs that need some action (one of them is the original bovine headed Keeper of Secrets that leads the unit).  I would also be interested for them to delve deeper into other races/factions all together from some of the other realms, like the realm of secrets or whatever.... there are some cool things just mentioned in passing from the other Mortal Realms that could bread entire new races.  Iron or Fire Golems from the realm of metal or fire, weird crystalline entities from one of the other realms, etc.  There are no boundaries for the creative possibilities they have opened up.

So for the next army, I would like to see them revisit an existing faction in the game. We've had a few new armies, I'd like to see GW show a little love towards the old and give comfort to people collecting 'older' factions that they're still going to be supported with new content in the future.

I think there are a few armies that are fringe on being able to be viable and interesting if only they had a few more units to work with. Hence they'd be my top candidates for giving a battletome to.

Freeguild - I think Freeguild only need like a new character choice or two. Personally would prefer to split off the Stately Warbanner scroll into it's own scroll for balance purposes. But overall, with the bulk of the Empire forces here, they've definitely got enough content to them to support a proper list. I voted Freeguild, as they're definitely something I think deserve to have a place in the world, but perhaps the world isn't quite fleshed out enough for them to be next (Freeguild defend cities. But without being invested in the cities that exist in the world, it's hard to also be invested in the Freeguilds. But perhaps a Freeguild tome is exactly what the game needs to bring more known cities into being).

I think  putting my personal bias for Freeguild aside,  Wanderers would stand a pretty good chance. We've already seen a repacked Nomad Prince. Wanderers I think are the opposite of Freeguild, plenty of characters, but maybe missing a unit like redoing Wardancers or Waywatchers. Maybe the Sisters of the Watch fulfil the elite archer stereotype for them. However, it's very easy to slot them into the Mortal Realms as they stand. They can explore the rift between the Wood Aelves and Alarielle and the Realm of Life. I'd be quite interested to see how they end up, and they've got a pretty good plastic range to accompany them.

And then some other notable factions:

Greenskinz - Regular Orruks are a bit weird. In theory, they have enough diversity to support themselves. The problem is, you've got 3 different types of Boars, so I think at minimum they need a new Boar Chariot kit. As an identity, it's hard for them to take the generic Orruks get bigger and create new units from it (As the bigger ones go join the Ardboyz). So they need a lot of work I think to transition properly, and it probably means they need a few new kits (Perhaps a redone Orruk Boyz kit with options for Choppas, Stikkas, Bows and Crossbows?). Or maybe you leave the current kit as is, toss in an Arrow Boys sprue, and create a new unit of Armoured Orruks with Choppas or Crossbows.

Dunno, but all I know is that I'd love to see them.

Gutbusters - Shove the Man-eaters back in here, create a new character or two and I think the faction has enough to stand up on it's own. 

Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen/Legion of Chaos - Would love to see a battletome that combines the 'Undivided' section of Chaos, and really shows some love for the armies of the Everchosen. Slaves to Darkness could just become Everchosen as well, and you could see the naturaly evolution of the Marauder -> Chaos Warrior -> Chaos Knight -> Varanguard in the list. I think these two factions do fit naturally together (I guess you don't need to go as far as combining them into the same faction), and a shared battletome I think is a pretty good place for both these armies.

Note I don't specify any Death factions. I personally think that they all need a fair bit of work, and Nagash probably needs to kick off the next storyline before we see too much in their direction. I haven't read Grand Alliance Death, but to me the factions lack a bit of direction and character as they stand at the moment.

2 hours ago, PhoenixTheCat said:

And Seraphon isn't on the list anywhere. Guess I'll just have to choose something else, because there's little respect for the magic space dinosaurs. :|

Added the scaleys =D

Archived