TGA Winter update. - Forum Changes

Ben

Hi Everyone,

I’m going to spend a bit of time this Christmas on updating the forums. 

please post in here, if there are sections that you think need updating, removing or consolidating. 

I’m open to any changes, but if something is too major, I’ll be sure to reply and say why

What I’m looking for here is feedback and ideas from regular users

thanks!!!

• Thanks 9

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Hollow said:

ToW sub forum please! (I'd also suggest getting rid of the faction forums and just have Order, Chaos, Death and Destruction sub forums) 

This. Having a TOW forum would focus the fantasy inclined hobbyist to this place rather than splitting the community, i.e. having people look elsewhere for TOW discussions. I know I would certainly appreciate not having to run across more forums.

• Like 7

On 1/10/2024 at 8:24 PM, Hollow said:

ToW sub forum please! (I'd also suggest getting rid of the faction forums and just have Order, Chaos, Death and Destruction sub forums) 

I agree with the Destruction part to get rid of faction forums. Its a bit too thinned down. Dont know about the other grand alliances.

15 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I agree with the Destruction part to get rid of faction forums. Its a bit too thinned down. Dont know about the other grand alliances.

Yeah.. the content and activity is just spread too thin. They would feel a lot more alive and worthwhile if they were compressed. Infact, I would go a lot further. I'd cut a lot of the forums and put them together. Like this.

The Grand Alliance Community

Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

General Age Of Sigmar Community Discussion

Warhammer: The Old World

General The Old World Community Discussion

Other Games

Warcry, Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Bloodbowl Discussion. 

Organised Play

Events

Gaming clubs

Rankings

Choose your Alliance

Order

Chaos

Death

Destruction

The Painting Table

Painting and Modelling

Gallery

Online Communities

Youtube, Podcasts, Blogs, Facebook, Reddit and Twitch 

Market

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 1/10/2024 at 7:30 PM, pnkdth said:

This. Having a TOW forum would focus the fantasy inclined hobbyist to this place rather than splitting the community, i.e. having people look elsewhere for TOW discussions. I know I would certainly appreciate not having to run across more forums.

I agree, plus this community is so great it would be nice to keep it together with a fantasy focus and hopefully expand. TGA is such a great hangout.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jator said:

Maybe remove/replace the "Confused" reaction? It's only ever used passive agressively when you don't want to bother with a reply. (In B4: Confused reactions).

100% agree. If you have a point of confusion or two you should have to articulate them or remain silent. 

• Confused 4

57 minutes ago, Jator said:

Maybe remove/replace the "Confused" reaction? It's only ever used passive agressively when you don't want to bother with a reply. (In B4: Confused reactions).

I know someone from this forum that will not be happy if they remove their favorite emote LOL

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3

Probably too late to throw something new into the ring... and it might not be a popular suggestion... but has an 'off-topic' section been considered? For blabbing about movies, music, telly, that kind of thing. I'm still a bit of a newbie here, I guess, but so far I've found the posters on here to be a thoroughly pleasant bunch, and I wouldn't mind discussing matters not directly pertaining to Symbaresh Twinsouls with them! 

• Like 2