Anyone thinks it's too long since last new model?

Aeonotakist

Maybe it's not important, but seems the speed of release is farly slow ever since last new model launched in July (the Sylvaneth?).

Ever since that, AOS just got a lot of old stuff bundled up (Gore Chosen, Savage Orcs, Arcane Hero) but nothing really new.

I know now the main theme is 40K moving forwards and that is fair. Even since 2014 when ET started, Fantasy/AOS had got way more resource than 40K so now it's time to balance a little bit. But I still think three months (including Oct which most likely no) without new model is kinda strange, considering just a while ago GW even made two versions of Slaughter Priest and Knight-Herald. The AOS new model release speed was 3 times as GW usually did for any line but suddenly it stopped.

Is GW facing a inventory pressure so they have to slow down AOS? Is AOS financially heathy enough, especially with GHB released and more people starting it?

I think the main focus for this time of year is 40k, AoS has had plenty so far in 2016.

With genestealer cults and HH coming out they won't overlap the schedule too much otherwise they will be fighting themselves for profit.

Might get a double release AoS+40k for Xmas tho.

TBH I'm grateful for the slowdown as I have too much to paint already. I also think the repacks are important in expanding the lore. For a lot of folks (Warseer's Harry being the most prominent example) the lack of developed background was a big barrier to taking up Age of Sigmar. GW are rightly trying to address that and make sure that armies 'fit' in to the mortal realms.

Now that you mention it disturbes me as well. I expected at least one new army with a battletome by the end of the year. Or a big boxed game aside from Gorechosen. I'd rather it was divided like this: September - AoS, October - 40k, November - AoS, December - 40k. Not that I really need new models, cause it will take me up to December till I paint all the Bloodbound I own. It's just to keep interest and hype.

I think it's not unreasonable for AoS to have a relatively fallow period. Check out any 40k forum over the last 12 months and "WHERE'S THE GOOD STUFF?!" is a relatively recurrent theme. AoS has definitely had the lion's share of release coverage for the last year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes definitely! It has been 3 months since the Sylvaneth were unveiled. In the next few months we have confirmed reports of a horus game, bloodbowl, Fenris part 2 and adeptus mechanicus. We also have very reliable rumours of the 40k primarchs.

For Aos there is nothing. Bols has made up it's usual nonsense, and faeit (the source of the Duardin stuff) Is highly unreliable. 

I imagine they are waiting to do a big unveiling of the new campaign but I am getting a touch impatient.

I have been of the assumption so far that they are just giving 40k some love after spoiling the AOS fans.

But i to am getting a little impatient even just for some teasers to build up to a big christmas release.

Also i hope that once they have finished with the rush of 40k they settle into a 40k then AOS, 40k then AOS sort of pattern rather than spending a half a year on one then the other.

Hopefully they will allow the novels to open up a little more so that they dont just follow the "main story" i know we need the setting to settle down a little but it would be great to see a new Gotrek & Felix or Malus Darkblade like story line to begin.

Maybe I'm the odd one out but I'm actually enjoying this little break. It's giving me a nice bit of time to catch up with the Realmgate novels and to paint a pile of grey Stormcasts. The release schedule felt relentless at the end of  the Realmgate wars - there's just not enough hours in the day :/.

However I would like to see something new in time for Xmas.

On the other hand there is this GW-FFG break up that may somehow act on GW's release schedule. I'm mean now that it's  clear how well does x-wing and armada do, maybe they want to strengthen up their sci-fi universe. But as well there is this rune wars thing that will compete with AoS. Dunno.

AoS has had tons of new releases this year. Just remember they have another games system that requires some releases to keep them interested in the hobby as well. I'm sure we'll have another new range before Christmas or at least some Battletomes for older armies.

Don't forget we also had the new Shattered Dominion Board and new basing packs. They are not new models but still part of the AoS releases.

I'm not saying 40K should not get any attention. But the whole strategies seems quite strange.

Remember why you have so many unpainted stuff? It's because there were too much on AOS between Jan to July in 2016. Meanwhile the 40K player indeed got pissed off. Now this will occur again in AOS now - 180 days without new stuff etc.

In this way, GW makes his customer very painful cause they are either in a big hurry or in great vain. Imagine if we launch Fyreslayer in Feb, Silver tower in May, Ironjaws in August and Sylvenith in November. The months in between can be filled with Beastclaw, Bonespllitz, Flesheater, Stardrakes, different models for same char. and those boxed games/ heroes. I am pretty sure AOS players will still feel good. We had six months of extremely occupied period that some of us even don't have time to count how many HQs do we have in Khorne Bloodhounds.   Now we fall in another 6 months concerning 'Is AOS abondaned after two years birthday?'

The only reason I can guess is GW hope people to play both AOS and 40K. So they setup some time in the year that one side is very attrctive with the other looks like dead. But I would say this strategy is not a good one even very dangerous to the business.

I was going to say the most recent 'new model' I bought was some stormfiends but I've just realised I bought the 4 add on heroes for the silver tower box set, not that I've even cracked the cellophane on that box yet.

I have no issue at all with GW taking a break to put out some 40k rather than smashing AoS out every week!

52 minutes ago, Jaze said:

I think it would be nice if GW at least keep doing the faction reboxings through the quiet periods, as is an auwful lot of square bases left on the shelf.

There are a bunch of units I'd like to buy but I'm waiting for the rebox, as they seem to get bundled for cheaper per model cost plus don't need to buy new bases. Can't rebox them fast enough for me.

4 hours ago, AdamJ said:

Maybe I'm the odd one out but I'm actually enjoying this little break. It's giving me a nice bit of time to catch up with the Realmgate novels and to paint a pile of grey Stormcasts. The release schedule felt relentless at the end of  the Realmgate wars - there's just not enough hours in the day :/.

However I would like to see something new in time for Xmas.

This. I totally agree.

A little gap gives AoS players to begin painting their "new" army they just bought when those came out. It takes a good 2-3 month to paint a 1,000-pt army especially when you have regular job to do. I'm fine with nothing new for few months (but not a year of course).

Archived