The Painting Contract - January 2022

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for January 2022, the first contract of 2022!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer

I pledge to finish the Voidwarden and Demolitionist characters from Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion. After that I am not 100% sure  which models to paint, so I will select and paint some fun stuff as the mood takes me and continue to regain my mojo.

Edited by Praecautus
  • Like 1

Really enjoyed taking part in this last month so I will be back! Taken a bit of a break from painting over Christmas so should be refreshed and ready to go once I get home in the New Year. 

I am pledging to finish my Marauder Horsemen. Only nine to paint but they will also involve my first ever experience with green stuff and some very minor sculpting/prodding (I need to build some necks as the Acolyte heads have none).

IF I finish them in time I think I will reward myself with a new purchase...so far its a toss up between:

Pink horrors - really like the models and the split mechanic is cool but I will need a lot of blue horrors to actually use them

Blue horrors - kinda the same models, still have the split mechanic and the brimstone horrors come included, miss out on a level of wounds though

Dire wolves - want to use these as chaos hounds, think they would be quite quick and easy to paint

Cockatrice - would be fun to paint a monster and it would really fit the lore of my army I'm building up in my head

• Like 3

I'm always in need of a post when it comes to painting. Enjoy the actual gaming more than the painting side of the hobby.

So I'll paint and base a Slaughterpriest, Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear an Aspiring Deathbringer. 

Determined to make my mortal Khorne army work.

Edited by Azlak the Damned
Aspiring Deathbringer, not Skullgrinder
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Woo! New year! Hopefully get a little painting time this month.

Just to start the year off with something I can probably achieve, I'm going to do the fancy Vampire and Chaos Warrior that were released as event minis late this year.

And maybe, just maybe, paint a little green Jedi Master while I'm at it...

****** it, I'm in! I used to really enjoy these but the last couple of years have not been kind to my hobby time. This year will be different and my SO and I have resolved to make at least half an hour a day for hobbies as a form of self care.

This month, I'm going to get my Nighthaunt that have been sitting in a box since I panic bought Soul Wars just before it was discontinued and picked up a bunch of Mortal Realms Magazines on the cheap. 76 models in total, including Lady Olynder. If all of them get done I'll move on to my Necrons.

• Like 1

I want to finish up painting Mollogs Mob and the Dankhold Troggboss.
I got some Rockgut Troggoths to finish up my Troggoth battleline requirement. I want to try and build them if i have some time leftover after i finish painting.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 2

Last month failed, but only because I started a project on a whim and didn't have a plan. That has been a problem in the past, but this year is a NEW YEAR! And ya know what New Year means in our hobby: New Army! lol 

This year is gonna be the year of a grand project and a steady pace towards better habits, both hobbies and otherwise. That is why the obvious New Army choice is SLAANESH! I went all in with a Battleforce, Slaves to Darkness Start Collecting, and a Demon of Slaanesh Start Collecting, with half of a Shadow and Pain in the mail. WOO BOY! Gonna do this step by step so I can savor every ounce of perfection. Might even start that blog I always wanted...

For this month, let's get to building! I pledge to build 10 Blissbarb Archers (and their lovely little buddy) and 10 Symbaresh Twinsouls. That should be plenty!....for now.

• Like 1