Your AoS Army's Lore

OkayestDM

A place to discuss and/or update your personal lore for any and all of the armies you play, and to exchange ideas on the matter.

It can be simple or in-depth.

There's usually a lot of discussion around this, but I didn't see a Thread dedicated to it. 

I'll get the ball rolling (I own several armies, so most of my lore is more generic/bare bones at the moment. As I play/paint more of them, I intend to flesh them out more.)

Like many players, I started with Stormcast.

The Starforged Templars are comprised of mortal warriors who were reforged AFTER the armies of Sigmar began their campaign to liberate the mortal realms. Specifically, those who learned of Sigmar's immortal warriors and - for reasons both selfish and selfless - swore their souls to the God-King in the hopes of being reforged upon their deaths.

Whatever memories are kept or lost, each member of the Stormhost vividly recalls the moment they dedicated themselves to Sigmar, and this speck of identity helps to anchor the Stormcast through whatever they face.

However, it also carries with it traces of their former personality - for better or for worse. Unlike many of the other Stormhost, there can be considerable friction between this one's members, as their superhuman personalities clash. As of yet, nothing has come of it, but some of the other Stormcast secretly wonder if perhaps the God-King was not quite so discriminating with the members of this newer host as he had been with his others.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 6

I like that,  the greenhorn paladins who have yet to truly prove their valor to the veterans and carry some uncertainty with them so their stormhost tries to compensate by being closer to eachother and matching their zeal even if it seperates them from the other hosts.

Do they have a certain fighting style like disciplined shieldwalls to mirror their closeness or the zeal route with dual swords and two-handed hammers for ferocity?

As for mine, I have a Hallowed Knights offshoot called the Heralds of the Cleansing Rain(Strike force liberators focus with Sylvaneth and wanderer allies) who bring forth Sigmar's purifying rain storms to clean the lands and aid the injured.

Their main keeps are in the Realm of Ghyran where they study the abundant life magic to further enhance their healing endeavors.

Age of Chaos: were just forming and didn't see action until the end with healing the injured from All-gates siege.

Age of Hope: After aiding the Seeds of Hope cities they made alliances with the Sylvaneth and brought in Wanderer tribes from Azyr to negotiate settlements for the exiled aelves.

Age of Intrigue: With rumblings of war in Aqshy and the new cities there they set out to aid the fire realm, disaster was met with Khornites pirates & the famed Wraith fleet leaving the Sylvaneth allies to retreat and grow ashen forests in the scorched lands awaiting the blessed rain.

Malign Portents: pressed hard by Nurgle invasions and Nighthaunt' swarms in Ghyran the Heralds found an alliance with a Deepkin force newly discovered in Chamon. Sending Wanderer emissaries through a silver portal in haste they made a rather troubling deal of accepting the mechanical leviathans aid in exchange for captured Nighthaunt souls for the Deepkin to feast upon.

My next army is the said Chamonian Deepkin with their metallic sea beasts from the copper and silver seas i've been building but i'll leave that for later. :D

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

I have quite a few floating about, but my major one:

Greifstand is set on a spire overlooking lush fields in Aqshi.

The city was founded by mages, who experimented with bound magic before the necroquake. They found that spells could be chained down and used to power all manner of machines.

One of its applications is in mechanical animals that bear their riders higher than oxygen breathing horses could (though experimentation by a Ghur mage has resulted in bird headed horses that do breathe well in higher altitudes).

Another that recently became possible, is to enslave the larger spells to lift whole ships.

The skyport anchored in the highest regions of the city is distrustful of the magic, but appreciative of the analysis the mages do, analysing magic to the point where it's close to technolgy. They are most interested in the beer though.

• Like 7

True Duardin indeed. :D

Just now, zilberfrid said:

Another that recently became possible, is to enslave the larger spells to lift whole ships.

That's an interesting idea (though bird headed horses were already high up there). Applications like the flaming skull living spell to fill balloons with hot air and the Ghur jaws to lift the ships towards monsters or a magic "carrot on a stick" are great concepts to think about.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

True Duardin indeed. :D

That's an interesting idea (though bird headed horses were already high up there). Applications like the flaming skull living spell to fill balloons with hot air and the Ghur jaws to lift the ships towards monsters or a magic "carrot on a stick" are great concepts to think about.

Yeah, I wanted the humans to fly as well, but the Kharadron would not give them Aether gold. I like the idea of their version of an Ironclad flying under the purple sun, which is chained,and has tubes in it to leech the deadly energy (which feed into the weapon systems).

• Like 2

I’ve got three ongoing at the moment although one is still a bit vague.

The Procession of Mourning is a Nighthaunt mounted force (includes some converted models). It’s a mysterious force that seems to be able to appear and disappear as if they have their own Realmgates. They are focused around a Black Coach to which souls are fed to. No one knows what’s in the coffin or what might happen if it gets enough soul food. Or maybe there’s more than one procession. It’s led by a Knight of Shrouds known as the Bereaved with a Torchbearer (Guardian of Souls), Master of Rites (Spirit Torment) and the two Companions (Dreadblade Harrows) known as the Bearer of Woe and Bearer of Anguish. They are followed often by the Mourners (Tomb Banshees and Mymourn Banshees).

The story of the Necromancer V’rem Drelchs and the mute Wight Lord Kriel started when they were spotted in the ruins of Shadespire, searching for a way to awaken Kriel’s spirit. Since then they’ve gone on many quests, retrieving a damned banner, seeking knowledge from mysterious orbs and recently attempting to forge a Dread Abyssal for the Wight Lord to conmand from. I’ve no idea who he actually is, why V’rem is inextricably tied to him or maybe who sent them. Always better as a mystery I think. The army is basically all Deathrattle with 1, occasionally 2 Necromancers. The 2nd is Navier the Blind, whose army was stolen when, upon sighting Kriel and his banner immediately dropped to their bony knees in supplication. He sticks around to try and work our what happened and how he might wrest control of his forces back.

My Stormhost chamber is the least well defined. I’ve played several games with them, often as part of the ongoing story of a Purple Sun they accidentally released from a damaged Realmgate. They are in shame because of the mistake they made and are trying to find a way to stop the Endless Spell before it wreaks havoc on the realm. Still don’t even have a good name for them yet. One key element of is that, except the Sacrosanct chamber, the Stormcast never remove their helms. Again not decided why yet.

64661D7C-E82A-48F2-A933-7A1F2D3E98D7.jpeg

3F07339C-1E27-4675-9D16-659998785D63.jpeg

3C91D9F9-70A9-48D6-88E9-6A9A753D4E1E.jpeg

Edited by stickybluetoffee
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

12 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Do they have a certain fighting style like disciplined shieldwalls to mirror their closeness or the zeal route with dual swords and two-handed hammers for ferocity?

They have no one fighting method, with different Chambers favoring different styles. The second more exaggerated individuality within the Stormhost is meant to result in internal friction, with different groups butting heads over the direction they should take as a whole. Internal conflict is something lacking amongst the Stormcast, and to my mind it always makes better stories.

I really like the lore for yours, you've certainly given them a lot of history!

11 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

The city was founded by mages, who experimented with bound magic before the necroquake. They found that spells could be chained down and used to power all manner of machines.

That's really cool man! I can just imagine the conversions!

57 minutes ago, stickybluetoffee said:

I’ve got three ongoing at the moment although one is still a bit vague.

They all sound good though! Sometimes you've got to leave a thing vague until inspiration strikes. It's worked well for me in the past.

• Like 3

My Idoneth are inspired by a mention of the legendary White Blade in the battletome, lost by a Dhom-Hain queen ages ago.

They're an offshoot of the Dhom-Hain enclave, questing in Ghyran to look for the sword. Their coral shapers tend to work with abalone and mother of pearl to try to replicate the ancient forging techniques. (Which means I get to paint weapons and armor in awesome pearlescent colors.) Being originally from Ghur, they tend to look at the process of soul-harvesting as simply part of the food chain, and are fairly pragmatic in attitude.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

I've been playing AoS for years, and I have so much trouble with fleshed out lore for my armies because I still am having a tough time imagining the Realms as places where people actually live. I probably haven't done a deep enough dive into the fiction, but it's been a real obstacle for me. 

Edited by whiskeytango
  • Like 3

The talons of the black raven - Khorne bloodbound 

The Lords of the Blackraven family have been sworn protectors of the Lands of Tagge for generations. The last Lord Blackraven reign ended in ruin, with the Lands beset on all sides by orruks, Idoneth raiders, undead. The lord sought fresh counsel and was answered by a red cloaked wiseman - Tzeelian. 

Tzeelian counselled an aggressive policy of pushing back and border expansion. At this time, a form of family worship began, the so called cult of the gilded skulls in which the skulls of deceased family members with covered in gold or brass and were thought to provide protection from the enemies of Tagge. This cult spread into the armed forces, with the hosts of Lord Blackraven colouring their armour red. 

The red forces of the Blackraven became a ferocious force, decimating orruk clans and Idoneth raiders, but the threats to peace never left. The cult of the golden skull spread and the lands of Tagge turned further to the industry of making war. The Blackraven s forces continued to conquer in their lords bloody  name.

The lords daughter was captured and killed by orruk raiders, causing Lord Blackraven to seek Tzeelians counsel for revenge. Tzeelian who guided by visions of blood and skulls causes The Lord Blackraven to be reborn a daemon prince of Khorne bearing a powerful crown of command. The conquest redoubled in ferocity until in one battle an orruk warlord fought past his guard and banaished the prince, shattered his crown.

The forces of Lord Blackraven continue to fight. Many generals and lords command aspects but not control the full might. Each burning another wound on the world. However whispers abound that the prince is back, able to turn the Lands to blood and bearing a powerful sword.

My forces of Khorne mortals are the remains of the forces duped by Tzeelian and represent those who kept the faith in Khorne. They have recently been rewarded by the return of Blackraven.

Tzeelian has not been seen for some time.,,

Idoneth deepkin of Briomdar, raiding force of King Alrah, he who was born of agony and wielded of The jadewound thorn.

The Idoneth of Briomdar have raided this part of Tagge for generations. King Alrah leads their current expedition to claim souls to keep his people alive. They have been raiding up the coast for some time before becoming embroiled in the wars around Tagge. The harvest of souls is great and they will return with a great bounty.

My Idoneth force, a mix of namarti and eels. Fun to play but lacking some depth vs Khorne.

The Despoilers of Ophiocordyceps- Slaves to Nurgle 

The people in this part of Tagge never workshiped the cult of the gilded skull. Their god of fecundity has always helped them, strong crops, protection and a happy life. That changed when the Idoneth raiders came, their cruel spears and arrows claiming many an innocent.

The wise leaders sought counsel and found an old rotten tome, on Old Testament of their god. In it they found and spoke the words and behold, the beautiful Prince Ophiocordyceps appeared. Under his leadership they beat back the Idoneth and now spread the joy of Ophiocordyceps to the morta realms. Each tribe they meet while at first resistant has gladly joined them to spread the joy and wisdom of Ophiocordyceps.

my new Slaves to Nurgle are based on the zombie ant fungus. In their folly They have summoned a prince of nurgle who has infected them with a mind altering fungus. Now they mistakenly spread this around the realms bringing more to their fold. As a plagetouched warband their ability to cause MW I’m wound rolls is quite thematic and represents the spores exploding from their bodies

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

The (current and ever evolving) lore for my Slaves to Darkness force is that they are the Cardinals of Chaos.  They were devoted followers of Sigmar who went on a crusade to the Eightpoints to reclaim artefacts, lost to the forces of Chaos, and then they disappeared. Their families remembered them as heroes and then after a generation the soldiers reappeared with the greatest gift of all... the word of their dark lords. They are now on a new crusade to bring their faith to the mortal realms and to bring more under the banner of Archaon. The marauders and warcry units will be the initial converts to the Cardinals while the heavily armoured Knights, Warriors and generals will be the crusaders themselves. I am also inventing a background for the characters based loosely on the Borgia family.

I just started an Idoneth army as of yesterday. I am still looking through their lore trying to pin down an exact theme for my own army's lore but I do know that I want them to be made from the souls of my old Warhammer Fantasy Dark Elf army.  I would love some help on expanding their lore.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

The story of Da Bloodbreaka Clan is one of triumph, treachery, and good old fashioned orruk violence. 

For the full story on my Ironjawz, I have attached all the lore and updated tales and feats about my clan as the Soul Wars progresses. Included are all my characters, including my Megaboss, Gorfang da Immortal, and what they are planning next. 

The short version of their tale: My orruks enjoyed the Age of Chaos at first as normal Greenskinz, but a combined Khorne Bloodbound-Chaos Duardin army smashed Gorfang's Waaagh! to bits. Much of the army was either sacrificed to Khorne or fled, while the rest were enslaved by the Dawi Zharr. Over the years, the enslaved orruks were used as cannon fodder by the Chaos Duardin army, but they kept winning and growing bigger and bigger. Eventually, they overthrew their taskmasters, looted the chaos duardin fort and left into the Mortal Realms to liberate the other downtrodden orruk tribes. 

Eventually, they settled into a ruined duardin karak and renamed it Mount Kraktoof. The destruction city is based in the mountains of Zarcosia, a continent in the northern reaches of Ghur. The Ironjawz presence broke Khorne's grip upon Zarcosia and allowed the mortal races to reclaim their lost cities and kingdoms. From this central point, the orruks never have to travel far to find a good fight since they're surrounded by enemies. They are also able to use a realmgate to travel across the Mortal Realms thanks to the power of da WAAAGH! generated by Mount Kraktoof. Gorfang himself has vanquished notable adversaries and liberated countless orruks from the chains of slavery. Beside him are fellow Megaboss Azkrug Fangfist, who has become his most kunnin' boss, and Brute Boss Bogg, the dumbest and smashiest orruk around. Da Bloodbreakas have swelled in numbers and have a mountain full of loot and trophies to prove they're da best!

That's not to say everything has been great.

Mount Kraktoof has been pillaged, raided, sacked, destroyed and demolished countless times, mostly by its own inhabitants. Zarcosia is also a diverse continent of adversaries, so land is often traded back and forth between the other Grand Alliances. The same relalmgate that the Ironjawz use to travel across the Mortal Realms can also be used by enemies at any time to assault the Greenskins. Recently, there was an uprising by Brute Boss Bogg, or better known as Ugly Bogg, da Ugliest orruk in the mortal realms (think Ugly Bob from South Park) for control of the clan. Gorfang triumphed, and now he hunts the traitorous orruk and demands his skull be put atop his big pointy stick. 

Following the Necroquake, Zarcosia is in turmoil. Death is on the march in the east, Chaos has made a resurgence, and the wild beasts and magics of the continent have been unleashed. Da Bloodbreaka Clan relishes this anarchy, but the forces of Order are teetering. To help stabilize the continent, Sigmar has dispatched the Primal Sons of the Astral Templars Stormhost. 

They are my other army I am currently working on, but they were once citizens of one of the fallen kingdoms on the continent called Jaskviny, a land of iron and song. The nation was shattered when Chaos invaded, but Sigmar saved several during a last stand against the Khorne Bloodbound. Now they return to tame the wilds and drive back all threats to the Cities of Sigmar. 

DA BLOODBREAKA CLAN ARMY PACK.doc

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Matorea 

The peninsula of Matorea is located in the northwest area of the realm of Ghyran . 

It is a large area and filled with a diverse population of duardin, aelf kin and humans. A city state formed around a realm gate that leads to Hyshon the southern point of the peninsula. It’s become an affluent port and important enough to have a chamber of Knights Exclesior permanently stationed to coordinate defence and expansion. 

The city-state loves its powder weapons and holds a Graywater Fastness affiliation. 

In and under any paradise, there are things that don’t want you to live and prosper. That despise any grip or rationality that you can master over your domain. Greenskins in unwavering numbers, gitz and squigs galore, skaven and beastmen to  reek havoc cause they can, and of course, when you think walls can always keep them out, there’s Tzeentch to change the game plan. 

Against this is the Matorean League. Aelves, duardin, humans and Stormcast in an effort against the ceaseless desire to destroy. 

This is the backdrop for my AoS world. The Matorean world was borrowed from the Border Princes land from WFB. All the above armies exist in AoS style except the tzeentch. I will add maw tribes and the new Aelven from Hysh as it goes on. 

Added in for context 

Protagonist’s so far:

The  Matorean Chamber - Knights Exclesior 1170 pts

The Matorean League - Cities of Sigmar - Graywater Fastness 2490 pats

Antagonist’s so far:

Krasbog’s Gitz - Gloomspite Gitz  2480 pts

Almemnal’s Horrrors- Tzeentch Deamons 2470 puts

Shivertooth’s HeadBangers - Orruk Warclan 2500 pts

GitStuffed’s Clan of Rats and Beasts  - chaos clash of skaven and beastmen - 1700 pts

It’s a beginning 😸

Edited by Artobans Ghost
  • Like 4

Brief rundown.

The Midnight City are a once reclusive industrial empire, founded long ago in the Age of Myth around the slumbering form of a Goddess. Every cog, every steam tunnel, every artisan clockwork mechanism in the city was engineered to channel the powers of the Realm to restore their Goddess from her Age long slumber, it was these need to innovate, need to create new methods of pulling more power from the very air around them that spurred the cities industry. The contracts they garnered through such innovation when into funding new research into Cog and Steamwork technologies to revive their ward.

It was however only as the Age of Chaos dawned that the Goddess awoke, her first breath was said to be the cities last. Every cog froze, every steam tunnel suddenly grew empty, not a sound of the clockwork was to be heard throughout the City. In the first days of the cities death those who only sought to exploit it for wealth abandoned their holdings, fleeing to the safety of Azyr and the riches it might offer their coffers, as days turned into weeks then too did those whose hearts were conflicted, buckling to the need for safety over their love of the city they had dared to call home. Finally came the Heirs of the noble houses, each great house dispatching one heir to Azyr that their lineage might not die with the city they could not bear to leave, it was as these heirs crested the mountain range to the south of the city that they looked back to see their homes ablaze, a piercing beacon of ruin benearth the darkened sky.

When the Heirs reached Azyr they spoke of the death of Midnight, a tale cemented by all those who came before them but made all the more real by their description of the flames that claimed the city. As her lie was cemented in the minds of the Azyrite host, and all who might carry rumour out into the greater realms, the Goddess and her remaining loyal populace continued their labours in the hidden under-workshops of the city. It had been they, in the Goddesses eternal wisdom who put flame to all that remained above the streets of the old city, returning the land to the wilds and shadow daemons that any encroaching forces would see little but the gutted husk of the City that once was.

With this lie in place, and the populace reduced to number sustainable in the Undercity, comprised of only those with the resolve and vision to see through the plan of their Goddess the innovations of Midnight have continued through the Ages. The Undercity now spreads beneath much of the mountain ranges surrounding the old town, far larger than the husk from which it has risen once more, they produce Cogwork mechanisms the likes of which few others could dare to replicate. 

As the Age of Sigmar dawned the Midnight City rose phoenix like from the ashes, though hidden they had maintained smuggling routes with local tribes to ferry arms and supplies where needed yet with Azyr open and the seeds of hope growing a new market had been born for their innovations of war. The goddess however remained elsuive, now masquerading as the Midnight Queen those who traded with her city would never have seen even a hint of the divine, a genius in no doubt but mortal.

All this has changed with Lethis, unwilling to see another stand alone against the darkened tides the Midnight Host marched forth, the queen resplendant at the head of her cities armies, at the apex of the battle however her true form was unmasked and face revealed to the hosts Azyrite. And now the city lays besieged, the the Azyrite host demanding the Goddess return to the Penumbral jail she once occupied, her populace unwilling to yield she who staved off the darkness and allowed them to prosper. 

A city alone, 

The City of Midnight

• Like 4

My RUBICANT EXILES are both an excuse to use Nihilax Oxide and to keep buying Imperial minis.

They are the remnants of an isolated Stormcast chamber who was trapped in an unstable part of Chamon, the Seven Cities of Ysavellir, while fighting the Pandaemoniad of the Portentous Alimandre, the Ten Thousand Eyed Empress. The daemoniad of Tzeentch harassed them and besiedeg the human kingdoms until only Ysavellir remained. Of its original Forty Cities, only seven remain. A Hold-Lord of the Rubicant Exiles watches over each city with a contingent of Stormcast Eternals. Each city has its own character (Ursberg is Middenheim with lots of guns; Ys, the capital, is a washed down version of Bretonnia; Kronwal is a dark place of stern justice and robed, dark inquisitors looking for witches and winged hussars patroling the steppe; Lucieliande is a city of learning, desperate to preserve the little knowledge left from the Forty Cities, etc etc)

The fate of these Stormcasts is a tragic one, because aside from being rusted because of the acid rain (hence their nickname, the Knights-in-Rust) they cannot be resmitten in new bodies, because the orb where Ysavellir is is fully outside of Sigmar's reach. Every Stormcast dead is a soul lost to Chaos, or in the best case, Nagash.

Edited by Cèsar de Quart
  • Like 1

My Fuethian Tidehost for the Idoneth is a political army.  They are sent out to avenge any slights or insults (real or imagined) that the Fuethians deem need to be answered in blood and souls.  This gives the army a reason to attack anyone.  Further, my Tisecaster won leadership of the army through being young, ambitious, and using her connections at court, not through talent.  So she has been given an Akhelian minder who is out of favor at court.  He has been told that his goal is to make the Tisecaster look good, and that is his only way back into the good graces of the court.  He is resentful that he diesn't receive recognition for his achievements in battle, as everything is attributed to the Tidecaster.  For her part, the Tidecaster views the Ahkelian as an annoyance, constantly getting in the way of how she wishes the army to perform.  My Soulscryer finds himself as the diplomat between the two, constantly reminding them of their orders from the court and keeping them moving toward their targets.  Finally, there is a Soulrender who has been attached to the army for when their mission is more about harvesting souls than pure revenge.  He has a rather dark humor that tends to unnerve those he interacts with.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Was chatting with a new player finally starting his Seraphon and he had this interesting head-canon.

DangerVipe on reddit:

"Before Age of Sigmar I always like the look of lizardmen. So much so I created my own head canon for my lizard army I would own one day. My idea is that all the units (aside from beasts) were different life stages. Skinks were hatchlings who would grow into saurus. If a saurus lived long enough they became temple gaurds then scar veterans. Saurus warriors who developed a blood lust, would consume more in battle growing into kroxigors.

When a scar veteran got old enough they would ascend to the final state. Instead of a slann I wanted to make it a dragon. My army is to be the children of the forest dragon. My idea at the time was the old ones were actually world shaper dragons."

A more evolutionary and mystical take on his Seraphon growing naturally into their own world/realm shapers by becoming Ghyran demi-God-beasts instead of using magi-tech.

Edit: Oh, I forgot another neat conversation I had with this person and their Seraphon fluff.

Sinarai25
Seraphon
22d

"My personal fluff takes place in Ghur actually and I have an answer for that unofficially:

My Temple City of Xiuhcoatl Sits atop a floating isle above the landscape of Ghur, and the Isle itself is a mighty fortress. Within its Armies are the Elite Guard called The Savage Primordials and they are as feral as the Ghur landscape itself. You see over time all but the most powerful Seers and Slann become feral, but only a select amount of Seraphon are allowed to stay that way and it is an honor to do so. Most who are selected are Saurus, though some Kroxigor are selected however have been found hard to control. Xiuhcoatl has a sister Temple City in Ghyran named Texcoco and they swap Armies back and forth for the Seraphon who come from Ghur slowly revert back to their normal selves, but while feral offer an aggressive force for war efforts in Ghyran against Nurgle and Skaven alike.

The change is physical too, not only do they get more aggressive and feral, but they grow larger, stronger and some grow spikes and other bony growths making them harder to kill. On the battlefield to make sure they do not turn on their fellow Seraphon and alliesbThe Savage Savage Primordials are kept in line by the Seer or Starmaster's superior mind."

Edited by Baron Klatz
Forgot to credit the player and wanted to add one more army lore.
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

So the current army lore I have thought of is that my Kharadron Overlords started out basically as a small expiditionary force, led by an Endrinmaster in Dirigible, was exploring the lands of Shyish when they found a massive, non-stop sandstorm which is threaded by Aether-Gold. Obviously they want to exploit it, and so he claimed it, and purchased the nearby outpost for his purposes, using the entirety of the fortune he has in a all or nothing gambit. They are driven on reaching and extracting the Gold, and nothing will stand in the way of their fortunes. Currently they are busy getting extracting and are establishing there presence and trade connections. Their tactics are similar to those of Barak Zon, where they will aggressively ambush out of the sandstorm, by the time the enemy knows they are there, they are already in reach of their wicked sky pikes. Currently they are very small with a company, a starter set, and a Aether War set. Then we have some drunk grots, at a party, who woke up in the desert and generally just rock out in their cave. And then we get into exciting territory where a crack in reality has appeared, and already some strange humans have poured through with devices that emit strange beeping and signals. This is WH40k army of my friend which is DKoK space marines and the actual DKoK.

• Like 1

Here's the lore for my main army, the Bloodmoonz, a gloomspite army.

The Bloodmoonz are a tribe of grots hailing from the Realm of Metal. They worship an aspect of The Bad Moon, The Blood Moon. They wear red and black cloaks to blend in with the red light caused by The Bad Moon eclipsing Hysh in the sky. The copper that they mine in their mountain kingdom is seen as a holy substance, blessed by their god. 

Their dominion once extended into the surrounding valley, but those lands were seized by warring tribes of chaos cultists. Throughout the Age of Chaos, the Bloodmoonz were driven back further and further, until they only held the very top of the mountain. In a final hail mary, the Bloodmoonz, lead by the Overlord Grimm, known for his cruel and cowardly ways attacked the nearest of the two tribes, worshipers of Tzeentch. He sent his hordes of stabbas to their deaths at the hands of the enemy’s expert sorcerers, cowering at the back of the formation. In those initial waves was the lowly Gritgik, a grot who was small and weak compared even to other grots. Along him bounced his pet squig, Chompa, another runt. While their fellows were cut down by spellcraft, Gritgik slipped away down another corridor. There he found a room full of slaughtered acolytes, and a magister leaned against the wall, blood gushing from its side. As Gritgik drew closer, it cast a curse on the grot.
“Destroyer of knowledge, murderer of my brothers, may the thing you care for the most be your undoing. Know that your pet shall one day be the one to kill you, and that you shall never be able to escape this end.”

Gritgik, contrary to the expected reaction, was filled with as close to courage as a grot can get. While many would be scared to have their death foretold, for Gritgik, this meant he faced no threat of being backstabbed by this peers. With this knowledge in hand, Gritgik raised his blade and rushed to the rear. He marched forward towards Grimm, and in a single jab finished the Loonboss. In succession three other grots attacked, but were struck down as well. From that day on Gritgik became known as the Invincible. 

Gritgik rallied the grot forces, and prepared to retake the rest of the mountain. His strength had provided the grots with a surge of energy, but another of the warring tribes had set up camp around the base of the mountain. Bloodthirsty butchers moved up the deadly paths, ready to defeat whoever had won the battle. At first Khorne’s strength surged through the barbarians, and Gritgik’s forces were driven back. Then the Bad Moon rose over the mountain, eclipsing Hysh, and the red light filled the grots with a rage equal to that of the barbarians, After a brutal struggle, Gritgik carved his way to the barbarian chieftain, squig in tow, knowing this wouldn’t be the end of his journey. With a swing, he decapitated Khorne’s champion, and the day went to the Bloodmoonz. 

Since then, Gritgik the Invincible has only grown in strength. Much of the valley is still held by the forces of Order and Chaos, but he refuses to give up his ambition of recapturing his tribes homeland. Knowing that he can only die at the teeth of Chompa, he leads crusades at the head of his army to make sure that his pet’s stomach is kept forever full. His most trusted commanders are the boingrot bounder knightley brothers Dumit Rattlehat and Crawk Clattershield, who are both too busy trying to outcompete each other to ever consider backstabbing Gritgik. 

He has also, under the guidance of his shaman advisors, began a building project at the top of the mountain. Using his endless supply of grots and spiders as workers, the Bloodmoonz build two towers towards the heavens. In between the towers a giant web is spun. Once the towers grow tall enough, the web will trap the Bad Moon over the valley forever, completing Gritgik’s conquest. Or at least, so he hopes.

There's some more stuff, but this is the basics.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12li56XuercFMDyU5wMxGAww8f8mqEHmSZqk0FO8m4NE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Pariah
spaces between paragraphs
  • Like 1

"Da Lite Red Boyz!"

High in the snowy mountains of Ghur roam one of the fiercest and most bloodthirsty Ironjawz clans that has ever terrorized civilization, renowned for their merciless brutality in battle.

It is said that the tribe found their iconic name by merging the two things that best defined them as orruks: blood and snow. Believing that sprinkling streaks of red into the white paint for their armor, they could mimic the iconic and beloved image of blood in the snow, they discovered that the two colors merged into something new, and they took it as a sign of Gorkamorka's favor.

Now, these pink and white clad juggernauts reign violence and death across the mortal realms, absorbing more and more of their orruk kin into their clan. Their goal: to build a Mighty WAAAGH! that will rival Gordrak himself, and take their rightful place as leaders of the baddest, toughest Ironjawz of them all!

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 1

A heavy fog settles in. Drifts of snow slide by. From the white swirling, you can hear a deep, humming sound, almost too deep for human ears to grasp. The sound forms into an ancient melody. You see gargantuan icy blue forms moving in the fog. That’s when you know the Peakspike Alfrostun has come for you.

The Peakspike tribe split off from the Winterbite Mawtribe and formed their own tribe just a few years ago when a hunting party met a giant. The small group, led by the hunter Müdsch and the Huskard named Ozka, got lost in a snowstorm during one of their wanderings. Tired, half-frozen and having no idea where they were, they hunkered down in what seemed to be an endless plain, with no possibility to shield themselves from the howling winds. Then, Ozka, intently listening to the voices of the wind, heard a deep voice in the distance. The hunting party, gathering their last strength, started wandering in the direction from which the voice came. 

As they came closer, they could see mountains jutting out of the swirling snow. The voice sang in some ancient language that only Ozka had even the slightest glimpse of. It came from a big cave entrance in the side of a mountain, which helped making it even louder, echoing through the mountain valleys and far over the plain. 

When they entered the cave, they saw an ancient giant, who stopped singing and spoke to them. He spoke in a wild mixture of dead and modern languages, and both Müdsch, who was well traveled, and Ozka, who was knowledgeable (for an ogor) in ancient lore, made out enough of his incoherent speech to realize that the giant must have wandered through many different countries for many centuries. They stayed that night in the cave, listening to the deep roaring voice of the giant, while Ozka interpreted his „prophecies“ as best he could. The next day, the giant, who was soon called „Voice of Winter“, led them through the mountains.

Since that night, they followed the lead of the Voice, whose knowledge of countries and cultures led them to very lucrative raids and astonishing victories, which in turn let the numbers of the followers swell. To remember the day when they first saw the mountain peaks, thanks to their leading voice, they called themselves the Peakspike Alfrostun.

So when you see gargantuan icy blue forms moving in the fog, you know the Peakspike Alfrostun has come for you.

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 2

My Slaves to Darkness army, the Brotherhood of Strife, is a twisted knightly order centered around two warriors exiled from a Free City for letting their sibling rivalry endanger a battle's success. The knights and their followers have since turned to competing for the favor of the Chaos Gods, but maintain a strict discipline in battle that comes from their profaned knightly code. They lair in the realm of Ulgu, and specialize in lightning strikes and misdirection to beguile their foes and sow discord between other factions.

The leader of the faction is Kurath, the elder of the two Brothers of Strife, while his brother Lothran is his second in command, and the sorcerer Xyrados the Willbreaker serves as their vizier and enforcer from the back of an enslaved manticore. The tests of lesser warriors hoping to join the Brotherhood or ascend to the ranks of the Chaos Knights are overseen by the Chaos Lord Murazed, the Master of Trials. Finally, two more sorcerers, Siriak the Darkseeker and Kirias the Light-twister, work with the Brotherhood to plumb Ulgu's mysteries. No one is sure exactly what the relationship between these last two is, or if they are even two separate beings at all instead of the result of a particularly strange mutation. In rules terms, all those characters are my heroes--two Karkadrak Lords, and a Manticore-riding Sorcerer for leaders, then on foot Chaos Lords and Sorcerer Lords backing them up.

When I get around second army, I'm debating between an Ossiarch force scavenging for ancient and potent remains in Ghyran called the Gnarlbone Legion or some kind of Lumineth force (more details pending). I had a neat idea for a Ossiarch army made entirely from the bones of sorcerers and chaos followers that would serve as a sign of Nagash's arrogance and dominion over the dead, but I couldn't make the list work, sadly.

• Like 1