Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

New Old World Almanack:

Old World Almanack – The Art of Remastering Classic Miniatures - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

It is interesting how the casted metal minis into resin.

It's cool that they improved the old kits a little bit. I still plan to pick up at least a few models from the Tomb Kings range that I don't yet own and it is nice that they have been made easier to work with or given additional detail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamopower said:

Isn't there a special character model that would fit the bill?

Ghorros Warhoof, aye. It does make sense that they could re-release him as a generic Centigor Chieftain, if they're not planning to give him special character status.

C7ba75223892bc36a1ea4709c7f20324.jpg

Edit: though I feel like Ghorros, as a character who wears the skull of Arsil, the Prince of Unicorns, would make for a good character if the Beastmen are paired with the Wood Elves. He also claims to be the primogenitor of all Centigors (and the sire of a number of other monstrous beasts besides), so he's potentially old enough to have been around during ToW's time period.

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Next one:

28.5mm to 25mm trays.
6 by 2 and 4 by 2

This is about the maximum one can do without building a spiral staircase (which, I did for 32mm to 25mm converters)
speaking of spiral staricases, also attached. (these look like the EU might sue me for putting this abomination into existence)

image.png.27d1d8db312ad3320b4d3f90de892ca0.png

28mm to 5mm 2by2.stl 89.54 kB · 2 downloads 28mm to 5mm 6by2.stl 134.26 kB · 1 download 32mm To 30mm Tray 7 by 4.stl 316.1 kB · 0 downloads 32mmTo25mm 2by2.stl 61.31 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks!

Really needed the 28 to 25 and the 32 to 25. Now I can get my Fusiliers into Empire and start thinking about LRL into High Elves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

New Old World Almanack:

Old World Almanack – The Art of Remastering Classic Miniatures - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

It is interesting how the casted metal minis into resin.

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! I'm glad that not only is GW taking the time to restore their old kits, but they're even improving them in some cases (Bone Giant, Casket, Scorpion) and I cannot wait to paint them.

• Like 6

Wait, wait, wait, wait, waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait

Khalida is not on the Tomb Kings Arcane Journal?????????????????????

Btw, this is making the rounds on reddit, i dunno whether its fake or not

dtont4h1t1dc1.webp.3f7099b2bff3a4471f3a0760594cf5b0.webp

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ah, the famous Games Workshop Ltd. living room TV roadmap, a classic!

• Haha 3

I've said the exact same thing in regard to what the potential ToW roadmap looks like. Makes perfect sense to me. Get the core 9 factions out of the gate in 2024. Allowing for expansions and updates in 2025 and beyond. 

Edited by Hollow

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

It matches the cover art shields pairing, but the black squares are a bit weird...

An aggressive schedule getting all nine 'supported' factions out in 2024 would in some ways be ideal - especially for players looking to start those armies.  On the other hand, that's a heck of a lot of time and attention in the release schedule dedicated to a side game, so it seems unlikely to me.

Personally, I also hope their a bit slower than that if only because GW dragging their feet would give the indie tournament scene for TOW more time to establish itself before 'official' GW events start sucking the air out of the room, and since the indie scene is more likely to allow the 'legacy' pdf factions I would like them to have time to entrench themselves as the defacto standard instead of GW's weird internal politics and game system faction ghettos.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sception said:

An aggressive schedule getting all nine 'supported' factions out in 2024 would in some ways be ideal - especially for players looking to start those armies.  On the other hand, that's a heck of a lot of time and attention in the release schedule dedicated to a side game, so it seems unlikely to me.

Personally, I also hope their a bit slower than that if only because GW dragging their feet would give the indie tournament scene for TOW more time to establish itself before 'official' GW events start sucking the air out of the room, and since the indie scene is more likely to allow the 'legacy' pdf factions I would like them to have time to entrench themselves as the defacto standard instead of GW's weird internal politics and game system faction ghettos.

Yeah, I can see them wanting to get all nine factions out in 2024, but we still don't know when the rest of the TK/Bret ranges will be available to buy (soon I assume, going by the article today). Assuming the remaining seven receive a similar number of new/updated kits in addition to returning ones, as TK/Bret did...that'd be unprecendented, wouldn't it? Nine full armies released in a single year, for a side game?

Hopefully they'll tell us more on Saturday. Fingers crossed for a roadmap.

Edited by Sathrut

3 minutes ago, Sathrut said:

Yeah, I can see them wanting to get all nine factions out in 2024, but we still don't know when the rest of the TK/Bret ranges will be available to buy (soon I assume, going by the article today). Assuming the remaining seven receive a similar number of new/updated kits in addition to returning ones, as TK/Bret did...that'd be unprecendented, wouldn't it? Nine full armies released in a single year, for a side game?

Hopefully they'll tell us more on Saturday what they intend for future releases, and fingers crosses for a roadmap.

Considering a 85% of those full armies released are old minis that are already there, is not that much for a year.

• Like 7

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Considering a 85% of those full armies released are old minis that are already there, is not that much for a year.

Yes, it is, because logistic wise it doesn't matter that it are old or new kits.

I really hope that we will see all the Arcane Journals for the core factions released this year and that each journal is accompanied with one plastic set, new resin miniatures and the older miniatures. That would be an amazing year and as @Sathrut said be unprecendented. For GW it's still a side game, but for me it's turning in my number one game. 🙂 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yes, it is, because logistic wise it doesn't matter that it are old or new kits.

I really hope that we will see all the Arcane Journals for the core factions released this year and that each journal is accompanied with one plastic set, new resin miniatures and the older miniatures. That would be an amazing year and as @Sathrut said be unprecendented. For GW it's still a side game, but for me it's turning in my number one game. 🙂 

Exactly.

TK and Bretonnia are 'new': They have new rules, units, lore and characters. As much as people like to call it 9th Edition, as far as GW are concerned, TOW is a new game, with new armies. The article today showed that, for all intents and purposes, all these kits are 'new', despite being old.

I'll be impressed if they manage it, especially with their production issues. I hope they succeed, because the foundations of the game will be in place, which means they can really start to expand and explore this new period, potentially starting with Kislev next year!

Edited by Sathrut
  • Thanks 1

I think it makes a lot of sense to have the 9 core factions released in 2024. It allows for the game/setting to become "established", maintains the hype train across the year and for 2025 to be focused on expansions and additions. (It would be amazing to see Kislev in the first half of 2025 and Cathay in the Second half of the year

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I think it makes a lot of sense to have the 9 core factions released in 2024. It allows for the game/setting to become "established", maintains the hype train across the year and for 2025 to be focused on expansions and additions. (It would be amazing to see Kislev in the first half of 2025 and Cathay in the Second half of the year

Kislev being the first release for TOW in 2025, with a new plastic range would be absolutely fantastic. Surely they'll have to give Kislev more than 1-2 plastic kits, bunch of resin characters and 6th Ed metals?

I'm glad that they're putting a fair amount of effort into the 'remastering' of older models. They could easily have been slap-dash about it, and just written any flaws off with a "they're old models, what do you expect?" 

And the big ol' bone giant now has a choice of two swanky pieces of headgear?! Bosh! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

Their aversion to their employees having surnames is soooo weiiiiird, it even extends retrospectively to people whose names have long been widely known, how are you referencing a legendary monster sculptor known only as "Trish", come on

I noticed that, and thought it was damn odd! Why even reference the original sculptor if you're not going to use their full name? Pure silliness. You'd think they were working in a call centre or something! 

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

The plan is to cover this 9 factions during this edition. I don't understand the expectation that it is gonna be a tsunami of releases when they always talk like it is a long term project.

6-12 months for adding new factions to the webstore is the most viable roadmap.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3