AoS 2 Cities of Sigmar Discussion: Hallowheart

TheNotebookGM

12 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

That list above has him for the comet as well. The unbind in that list looks amazing in the mirror. You get to stop a soul scream bridge cold.

I wonder about how easy this is in practice. The range on bridge is long enough that you could cast it out of unbind range and still end up in shooting range unless they deploy the incantor way forward away from the rest of their army.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I wonder about how easy this is in practice. The range on bridge is long enough that you could cast it out of unbind range and still end up in shooting range unless they deploy the incantor way forward away from the rest of their army.

Basically it never happens - any player who knows the rules of the Incantor is going to deploy to cast out of unbind unless they're forced to for the sake of range. And given that the range of an empowered SSB is 24" + the 6" deployment range you have 0 reason to ever cast SSB inside scroll range. 

• Like 1

hey guys, adding another list to the pyre. Wondering how this would do in terms of a crazy list with dwarfs included.

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
 - City: Hallowheart

LEADERS
Battlemage (90)
- Spell : Lore of Whitefire - Elemental Cyclone (Hallowheart Wizard)
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Roaming Wildfire
- Mortal Realm : Chamon

Battlemage (90)
- Spell : Lore of Whitefire - Ignite Weapons (Hallowheart Wizard)
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Warding Brand
- Mortal Realm : Hysh

Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280)

- Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Sear Wounds

Warden King (110)
- General

Runelord (90)

Lord-Arcanum (160)
- City Role : General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)

UNITS
20 x Hammerers (280)
20 x Hammerers (280)
20 x Ironbreakers (260)
BATTALIONS

Whitefire Retinue (140)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)
Everblaze Comet (100)

didn't chose the relics just yet, but I'm thinking ignax on the arcanum just to soak mortal wounds for arcane channeling.  Warden king and runelord are up front with the hammers and iron breakers to form a front line, while the chamon battlemage casts umbral spell portal and the purple sun in combination to just shove that big ball of death into the enemy ranks due to the empowerment, arcanum to cast and dispel the everblaze comment per turn, and thow buffs around as needed.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:58 PM, Acid_Nine said:

hey guys, adding another list to the pyre. Wondering how this would do in terms of a crazy list with dwarfs included.

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
 - City: Hallowheart

LEADERS
Battlemage (90)
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Roaming Wildfire
- Mortal Realm : Chamon

Battlemage (90)
- Mortal Realm : Hysh

- Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Sear Wounds

Warden King (110)
- General

Runelord (90)

Lord-Arcanum (160)
- City Role : General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)

UNITS
20 x Hammerers (280)
20 x Hammerers (280)
20 x Ironbreakers (260)
BATTALIONS

Whitefire Retinue (140)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Everblaze Comet (100)

didn't chose the relics just yet, but I'm thinking ignax on the arcanum just to soak mortal wounds for arcane channeling.  Warden king and runelord are up front with the hammers and iron breakers to form a front line, while the chamon battlemage casts umbral spell portal and the purple sun in combination to just shove that big ball of death into the enemy ranks due to the empowerment, arcanum to cast and dispel the everblaze comment per turn, and thow buffs around as needed.

Could maybe consider longbeards too for their dispel option? Would help to get max damage from the comet! 

I’m using the arcanum and the exorcist, exorcist is using CA with Ignax, and arcanum can bring him back to 1hp if he manages to kill him self! Arcanum is solid for his arcane bolt, and his warscroll spell is also solid. 

I’m using mostly elves currently, but I’ve been steering towards a dwarf list, especially with bridge. Hammers in the face ;)

let us know how you get on!

EDIT (I completely saw an incantor in there! My bad)

Edited by Bigscaryflorister
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigscaryflorister said:

Could maybe consider longbeards too for their dispel option? Would help to get max damage from the comet! 

I’m using the arcanum and the exorcist, exorcist is using CA with Ignax, and arcanum can bring him back to 1hp if he manages to kill him self! Arcanum is solid for his arcane bolt, and his warscroll spell is also solid. 

I’m using mostly elves currently, but I’ve been steering towards a dwarf list, especially with bridge. Hammers in the face ;)

let us know how you get on!

EDIT (I completely saw an incantor in there! My bad)

Long beards is an idea I didn’t consider! That could be a good replacement in place of iron breakers, but I don’t know. I would have another stormcast in there but I think that’s a bit too many points. The main reason I made this list is to finally use the purple sun someday. That spell can really ****** with elite armies like no other spells can. (Oh, your squad of 9 skull crushers just lost 2 guys. That’s ten wounds I don’t have to worry about later!)

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Long beards is an idea I didn’t consider! That could be a good replacement in place of iron breakers, but I don’t know. I would have another stormcast in there but I think that’s a bit too many points. The main reason I made this list is to finally use the purple sun someday. That spell can really ****** with elite armies like no other spells can. (Oh, your squad of 9 skull crushers just lost 2 guys. That’s ten wounds I don’t have to worry about later!)

Tbf, I’ve never used it, but it would be a nice alternative to the elemental cyclone spell, as that amazing against armoured 1 wound units! 

I love the idea of Cities of Sigmar representing a mixed alliance of different races coming together and decided on the following theme for my Hallowheart force: A council of magic users working together and bringing their retinue or bodyguards to assist so I've supplied a unit to support each of my magic users in this army (hence the sequitors...I also have a large unit already so I'd like to use them to save money) 

Looking for feedback!!

Hallowheart 2000 points

Leaders:

Knight Incantor - General

Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage

Battlemage

Sorceress

Units

Sequitors x15

Freeguild Guard x10

Flagellants x40

Darkshards x20

Battalions

Whitefire Retinue

Endless Spells

Geminids

Soulscream

Spellportal

Comet

The flagellants are in there for fluff as I plan for my battlemage to be a necromancer who is bringing his host of zombies to fight (flagellants)

Edited by lucasok
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hans anyone tried running Flagellants instead of Guards as their screen on the mage castle?

Buffed with warding brand they have two times 50% chance for dealing mortal wounds when they die. I'm thinking use the Soulscream bridge and just get them right in there.

With the knight-incantor as general, they also count as battleline.

(Warding Brand: Cast on a 6, target a friendly unit wholly within 18" and visible. Until start of next hero phase, roll a dice each time a wound was dealt by a melee weapon and was not negated. On a 4+ the attacking unit suffers a mortal wound.)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rune said:

Buffed with warding brand they have two times 50% chance for dealing mortal wounds when they die. I'm thinking use the Soulscream bridge and just get them right in there.

They only do a mortal wound (from their warscroll ability) when they flee. Still, haven't given much thought to Warding Brand but it seems quite good on cheap melee guys now that I think of it.

11 minutes ago, Forrix said:

They only do a mortal wound (from their warscroll ability) when they flee. Still, haven't given much thought to Warding Brand but it seems quite good on cheap melee guys now that I think of it.

Damn I read that wrong entirely. 

Warding brand though is absolutely insane on a block of 40 guards protecting your mages and gunners after you have Soulscream bridged them in.

t's not much but here's a small batrep: 

I played today against an Orruk warclan player, territorial war scenario ?
His list had :

Max crusha with 2+ save and +3 damage to weapon (or something like that)

2 warchanters
2-5 man Brutes

6 gore guntas + 3 gore guntas

Mine was :

Battlemage (90) chamon
Battlemage (90) Hysh
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)
20 x Phoenix Guard (320)
20 x Sisters of the Watch (320)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
Soulscream Bridge (80)

Total: 1480 / 1500

He had t he first turn. He charged me with his Maw crusha and 6 gore guntas directly in my castled up phoenix guards around where I would put the soulscream bridge. He decided to hit the handgunners who were interwoven and who only removed 3 wounds, he killed them all, so his gore guntas hit before my PG. I lost 7 PG in total.
I thought about launching the soulscream now, to remove myself from this combat and go kill his two warchanters who were clustered up but i decide to stay in order to deny him my objective.
My turn, I raise 6 PG!!! My magic phase and shooting phase finish his 2+ Boss on MC and leaves 1 and half gore gunta which are killed by PG in the combat phase.

I win iniative, I have no target for magic so I just buff my PG, then teleports my 20 SoTW + mages near his two warchanters with the soulscream bridge. Shooting phase I kill one warchanter in a forest with the Storm of Shemtek attacks, then decide to shoot the other one with 20 attacks from the sisters and put the 20 other shots in a nearby 5 man brute squad. I fail to kill the warchanter o_O, but then when it's his turn, the overwatch kills him and he failed a 4inch charge with his remaining 3 brutes (who could have wiped my sisters) and the 11" charge of the other squad fails too.

So he decided to call it a day, because he wouldn't be able to do much more (I would have killed most likely 2 of his remaining brutes if he had won init), remaining PG would eat the 3 gore guntas

I was supposed to play SCE against him,  but I thought my liberators would have been eaten raw by his army and I was right! PG are really resilient!
Hallowheart magic was really strong, but I could have lost  if he had gone through my PG guards. We do have bodies but they're tool frail to work alone, we have to be clustered, luckily we were only playing on 4 tiles instead of 6 because of the points restriction.

22 hours ago, stus67 said:

Anybody know of any Hallowheart batreps or videos? I'm trying to see how other's are playing this army.

If you have Warhammer TV there is a pretty recent game with a guy playing Hallowheart. He tabled his opponent on turn two

9 minutes ago, frostfire said:

Quick question here: it there any rule says that two identical Endless Spell ( e.g. two purple suns) can not be on the battlefield at the same time?  

There is yes. GHB 2019 p 54. You can only use and re-use one model per spell on your list during the battle. You cannot take one twice in a list to circumvent that restriction.

15 minutes ago, frostfire said:

Quick question here: it there any rule says that two identical Endless Spell ( e.g. two purple suns) can not be on the battlefield at the same time?  

Totally possible, though matched play games only allow each Endless Spell to be selected as part of your list once, and so you and your opponent would have to have both paid the points for and cast the same endless spell for two to be on the battlefield (excluding special circumstances like the Chained Colossus battleplan with its special Purple Sun). Even in non matched play games you'd only be able to cast the same endless spell once per turn. :) 

2 minutes ago, Turragor said:

There is yes. GHB 2019 p 54. You can only use and re-use one model per spell on your list during the battle. You cannot take one twice in a list to circumvent that restriction.

So if my opponent summon a purple sun , I would not be able to try to summon it in my turn unless I dispell it first?