20 guard

10 guard

10 guard

2 Morghast archai

3 Immortis guard

3 Immortis guard

Aegis imortal

Soulstealer carrion

Some questionable choices maybe but i habe rational, katakros puts his buff up every turn and adds attacks as desired, the immortis and morghast act as guards for my heros, i want katakros to be as healthy as possible for his buffs. The 10 mortis act as screens and the 20 holds a central possition for katakros. Soulreaper next to immortis guard with a luminscythe is pritty hard to hurt. Soulmason does what he does. I have enough shields that the spell for them is versitile and helps make even more rock solid units. The mortal contract spell can realy punish units or heros with melee and ranged profile, things like aethermacers might kill them selfs if they shoot and then try and melee retaliation 

4 hours ago, SilverJelly said:

What was your recipe for this color scheme? I am looking to do something similar.

bones are contrast basilicanum grey, black is contrast black templar, gold is liberator gold and the red is bold for the blood God (I play it as hardened blood stone gems), then wash with nuln oil. very easy and fast for the guard units

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tea_wild_owl said:

bones are contrast basilicanum grey, black is contrast black templar, gold is liberator gold and the red is bold for the blood God (I play it as hardened blood stone gems), then wash with nuln oil. very easy and fast for the guard units

Looks amazing! Did you prime it with a particular primer? Or just do a standard colour? 

Some lovely work here already! Is it me or the 'Eavy Metal approach don't do justice to these gorgeous models? I mean the paint jobs are accurate and detailed as usual, but somehow these homebrew/alternate color schemes work better. 

31 minutes ago, marke said:

Some lovely work here already! Is it me or the 'Eavy Metal approach don't do justice to these gorgeous models? I mean the paint jobs are accurate and detailed as usual, but somehow these homebrew/alternate color schemes work better. 

The 'Eavy Metal paintjob is usually to highlight details of model. There are other paintjobs in the battletome that look much better but aren't as good for showcasing the models themselves.

• Like 1

Finally, I can make a list in warscroll builder!

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Petrifex Elite

Leaders
Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General
- Trait: Mighty Archaeossian
- Artefact: Helm of the Ordained or Godbone Armour

Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)

Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Artefact: Godbone Armour or Gothizzar Cartouche or Soul Reservoir
- Lore of Mortisans: Empower Nadirite Weapons

Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Artefact: Artisan’s Key or Lode of Saturation
- Lore of Mortisans: Reinforce Battle-shield

Battleline
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
- Nadirite Spear and Shield
- 1x Soulcleaver Greatblades
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)

Units
6 x Immortis Guard (400) or 6 x Necropolis Stalkers (400)

Battalions
Mortek Shield-corps (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Nightmare Predator (40)
Shards of Valagharr (40) or Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)

Total: 2000  or 1990/ 2000 
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 97

That is a list I'm going to build first, actually a difficult choice of artefacts! Obviously I have to take Godbone Armor, but 2nd artefact is an open question and I'm looking forward to testing it all. C&C are welcome

I am one of the few apparently who likes the mortid praetorian look, so mostly used that with just a slight shift in tone. Finished my morghasts and soon done with my first unit of 10 mortek guard, then I will move on to the huge terrain piece. That will take a while to finish 😉

IMG_20191101_001300.jpg

My potential army list

Leaders:

Arkhan

Liege kavalos (General) 

Soulmason

Boneshaper

Battleline:

Mortek guard *20 (sword, no greatswords) 

Mortek guard *10

Mortek guard *10

Units:

Immortis guard

Behemoths:

Crawlers

Harvester

Idea is to not having to spend too much money, so going for harvester instead of a second crawler. Also, I kinda like the idea of having the harvester following The 20 mortek guard and hopefully be a pain with some ressurects. 

Immortis guard to defend The casters so I can get more buffs and ressurects out. Arkhan for spellcasting and Liege kavalos hopefully for some extra damage. 

20/10/10 Mortek because its The only thing that fits and I dont need to buy an extra box of them, so saving some money there. No greatswords on these, considering i dont like The aestethics of them! I prefer sword and board. 

CC is welcome! I already know The damage output could be a little short, but I am going more for a fun list than being competitive! 

Hi all, was planning to get into the bonereapers and since I already had nagash I tried to make a lost around him, what do you think?

pretrifex elite

Liege kavalos - general

nagash

20 x mortek guard

10x mortek guard

10x mortek guard

3x necropolos stalkers

mortek crawler

only thing I'm worried about with this list is RD generation but if I understand the rules correctly I get 2 for heroes, 1 for liege and then 7d6 and then the spell to generate more

on a sidenote am I correct in saying that katakros would give 5 rd points?

1 for hero

1 for liege

3 for katakros as general

9 minutes ago, Driadus said:

on a sidenote am I correct in saying that katakros would give 5 rd points?

1 for hero

1 for liege

3 for katakros as general

From what ive read in this thread that would be accurate. Liege kavalos gives 2, så katakros would give 5 automatically when he is in your army. 

Please correct me if I am wrong! 

So have also started doing some list building around the petrifex elite and Arkhan. I'm not 100% sold on either lists, as they feel all very low model count.

First list.

This one is more focused on the kavalos deathriders and the battalion for the extra artifact. Unsure on the mortek crawler, wonder if a harvester would not be a better pick to support the mortek guard further.

Also lack of endless spells sits iffy with me when you have Arkhan around.

Leaders
Liege-Kavalos (200)
Mortisan Soulmason (140)

Battleline
10 x Kavalos Deathriders (360)
10 x Kavalos Deathriders (360)
20 x Mortek Guard (260)

Behemoths
Mortek Crawler (200)

Battalions
Kavalos Lance (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 115

For the second list I went with more mortek crawlers. But the complete lack of mobility in this army makes it feel terrible.  I think mortek crawler lists can be quite the troll lists, but will still lose most of the time on objective play.

Leaders
Liege-Kavalos (200)
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)

Behemoths
Mortek Crawler (200)
Mortek Crawler (200)
Mortek Crawler (200)

Soulstealer Carrion (20)
Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 104

Currently working on a third list. I think having Arkhan, Liege-kavalos and a bonemason is a solid leaders core. When it comes down to battleline I'd want to end up with two units of Mortek guard and one 10 man Kavalos deathrider unit. I do feel the Soul carrion and Shrieker are too good and to o cheap endless spells to not take with the likes of Arkhan around. 

So that leaves me with remaining points for the likes of mortek crawlers, harvesters and other units. So on to the drawing board.

This is my line up with and without katakros and the models I have on the way. This is a very balanced aproach and what I thought was most fun to get just to own the models but also somewhat effective:

Leaders
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (500)
Mortisan Soulmason (140)

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
10 x Kavalos Deathriders (360)

Units
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (200)

Behemoths
Gothizzar Harvester (200)
Mortek Crawler (200)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 119

Without Katakros:

Leaders
Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General
- Trait: Mighty Archaeossian
- Artefact: Helm of the Ordained
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Artefact: Godbone Armour
- Lore of Mortisans: Drain Vitality
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Lore of Mortisans: Arcane Command

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)

Units
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (200)

Behemoths
Gothizzar Harvester (200)
Mortek Crawler (200)

Battalions
Kavalos Lance (120)

Nightmare Predator (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 111

These lists are very similar. The one with Katakros will have 1 more discipline point per turn by default, however the second list is very close, as it can use the deathriders for more tricks and also 1 free use of their ability, there is also 1 more unit on the table to roll a d6 for, so about equal I'd say.

By having a battalion the Liege can get helm of the ordained for a mini Katakros +1 hit bubble within 12", this is really nice on a very mobile model. 

The list wihtout Katakros has a bit more magic power as well, with some more options, and the boneshaper can heal a bit, while of course not as well as Katakros, but you get another nice spell to cast/choose.

It is nice that Katakros can automatically dish out -1 to hit though and also deny CP from the opponent, but if ignored he has about 0 combat ability, but you can chose to advance him and try to get him into threats in later turns.

I might give the Katakros list the edge, and if Petrifex Elite did not exist, then I would chose Katakros and his legion every time (if I wanted to play to win). Having access to +1 save legion and +1 hit 12" bubble artifact, makes Katakros command ability far less special though. 

If you prefer a list without Katakros, I think the second list at least shows how to reasonably cover some of those bases.

I've received my feast of bones boxes: how do you build :

the stalkers? I will do 3 immortis and 6 stalkers. It seems that there is no options for immortis but one option for stalkers. do you assemble the upgrade weapon?

- the guards: will do all with sword. is the upgrade 1 out of 10 worth it?

15 minutes ago, Emissary said:

The options for the immortis guard are in the feast of bones box.   I made 6 from it.

Personally I went with the greatsword because of the rule of cool.

The immortis build is on the sprue. I just said that the immortis don't have any option. My question was then about the stalkers: is the greatsorw worth it (1 out of 3) ?

4 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

The immortis build is on the sprue. I just said that the immortis don't have any option. My question was then about the stalkers: is the greatsorw worth it (1 out of 3) ?

Mathwise, it's slightly worse.  It's not terrible though.  Just depends on how cool it feels to you.

for mortek guard, the 1/10 greatsword is worth it if the unit has spears.  If they have swords it's not generally worth the bother of rolling dice separately to use it, it doesn't really make the unit worse so if you just like the greatswords for model variety go ahead.

For immortis guard, there are no unit options/upgrades.  They all just carry the shields and Halberds.  the parts to make them do come in feast of bone, but the instructions to do so do not.  Figuring out which parts of what arms go together without instructions can be a bit tricky, so take your time.

If you build the stalkers, four swords is almost always better than paired greatsword, by enough that it kind of foes matter.  Their unit upgrade is actually a downgrade, at least for now.  Kind of sad.  Not a huge one, so if you value aesthetics over gameplay you shouldn't feel too bad for taking it anyway, but yeah.

Edited by Sception

It actually wasn't hard to figure out the immortis guard in FoB.  The wrist joints were connected by dots, triangles, squares or lines.  Because of it, you could figure out which arms went with which hands very easily.   I was glad to see it.

Edited by Emissary

9 minutes ago, Sception said:

the parts to make them do come in feast of bone, but the instructions to do so do not.  Figuring out which parts of what arms go together without instructions can be a bit tricky, so take your time.

Yeah that was slightly annoying about the box; the instruction booklet is great but it's missing all alternate instructions (Harbingers, Immortis Guard, Scraplauncher). The other 2 aren't really an issue since you can find their old instruction booklets by googling but the Immortis Guard aren't out yet so no instructions haha