The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

As someone who has painted a lot of deepkin over the last year or so... This rumour engine is 100% for deepkin. The chest and vase are both strongly represented on other sprues, eidolon, shipwreck and akhelian units all have these. 

But based on that logic, we would have thought the Bloodbound and Stormcast Eternals in the original starter set were the same army because they used the same thorny vine thing on the bases.

I don’t think we can make anything close to accurate guesses from these rumour engine shots  and we definitely can’t say anything is 100%..... unless you have other info?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mungrun said:

Wanderers NEXT??

The Glade Guard is not available  anymore (sold out online).

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Glade-Guardhttps://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Glade-Guard

And now this image:

RumourEngine-Mar5-Image20tveg.jpg

New battletome and new miniatures?

The chest and vase are 100% deepkin so it's probably going to be an endless spell but I'm going to throw this one out there and say my guess is something for Scourge Privateers, pirates go hand in hand with treasure right and it would make sense for deepkin stuff to be in a hoard of treasure they've collected. Probably won't be but who knows. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

But based on that logic, we would have thought the Bloodbound and Stormcast Eternals in the original starter set were the same army because they used the same thorny vine thing on the bases.

I don’t think we can make anything close to accurate guesses from these rumour engine shots  and we definitely can’t say anything is 100%..... unless you have other info?

Because one random vine and two specific ornate vessels are the same thing... I'm coming back here when this model is revealed. 

I too am 100% certain it’s something without the means to prove that it is making the concept of 100% surety utterly meaningless 

Since when was being confident or pretty sure of something abandoned for absolute but completely undemonstrable certainty? When did the odds of looking at a picture and guessing what it was require such a declaration of impassioned conviction? I missed the memo when the stakes got raised beyond “hey looks like this, guess we’ll find out 👍🏻

Edited by Nos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No Glad Guard is worrying! I hate these stealth removals - I wish GW could be upfront about them! 

And yeah its removed from the UK store, plus they are already on round bases so its not a reboxing - or if it is then its a major one, but there's nothing on the horizon for Aelves hinted at so its kind of a surprise. Mould broke? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Because one random vine and two specific ornate vessels are the same thing... I'm coming back here when this model is revealed. 

My point is that two opposing factions had numerous examples of the same basing feature.

This could be Goblins looting an Idoneth treasure trove, or Flesh Eater Courts, or Seraphon, or yes, Idoneth Endless spells. Or it could be Noise Marines on an Aeldari Craftworld. Unless you work for GW, all of these are equally plausible but none of them are certain.

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

No Glad Guard is worrying! I hate these stealth removals - I wish GW could be upfront about them! 

And yeah its removed from the UK store, plus they are already on round bases so its not a reboxing - or if it is then its a major one, but there's nothing on the horizon for Aelves hinted at so its kind of a surprise. Mould broke? 

well there is that possible Sylvaneth release that they teased at LVO but I feel that release is still awhile off.

13 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Unrelated to anything, is there a way to mute posts in the rumour thread with keywords of the sort "no longer available in the GW online store"?  Hahahahahaha

There used to be that function but it’s since been removed from the Online store 

That 100% just means there’s a new one coming though don’t worry

• Haha 3

I just want to point out that again like so many other times as with other models the Glade Guard are in stock online in other countries and unless they're running behind on an update (which could be the case but I doubt it) there is nothing to worry about.

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

This rumour engine is 100% for deepkin

Upon inspection, I think you're right. And while treasure could play into the whole 'underwater riches' angle, I'm personally hoping it's a Slaaneshi cache of wealth. After all, Slaanesh's primary enemies are the Aelves, so I'd say it makes sense for Idoneth items having been looted by a pleasure cult. 

Remember that plume that was TOTALLY Empire that turned out to be a hero in Combat Arena?
The maggot armpit that was UNDOUPTEDLY Nurgle that turned out to be an expansion for Blackstone  Fortress?
Or the pincer that was 100% Slaanesh that we now know belongs to CSM?

There's days, whatever the Rumour Engine is, my first guess is random mini in new boxed game. It spares my poor heart.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I just want to point out that again like so many other times as with other models the Glade Guard are in stock online in other countries and unless they're running behind on an update (which could be the case but I doubt it) there is nothing to worry about.

But when its the UK site where they are listed as "no longer available" then its cause for concern, esp when the art for them already shows them on round bases so its not a removal for a repack unless they are redoing all the artwork for the box - which you'd expect to happen only if a big release for them were just around the corner. Heck Skaven Clanrats weren't reboxed until the launch week.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

But when its the UK site where they are listed as "no longer available" then its cause for concern, esp when the art for them already shows them on round bases so its not a removal for a repack unless they are redoing all the artwork for the box - which you'd expect to happen only if a big release for them were just around the corner. Heck Skaven Clanrats weren't reboxed until the launch week.

I see your point, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully they aren't stopping production permanently on them, it could be a recast with new options/becoming a dual kit if they are getting a release sometime in the future, there is a whole lot of empty space on the current sprues that could be filled with something.

Well, the  Beasts of Chaos Battletome came completely out of the blue without any hints or rumours, so it's perfectly possible for GW to do it again with another classic faction.  As a Wanderers player, though, I am trying very hard to be neither excited nor despondent - ohhhmmm.

3 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Well, the  Beasts of Chaos Battletome came completely out of the blue without any hints or rumours, so it's perfectly possible for GW to do it again with another classic faction.  As a Wanderers player, though, I am trying very hard to be neither excited nor despondent - ohhhmmm.

not exactly, BoC was leaked but it was suppose to have been reveal at Nova last year. that why it felt like it was release out of no where.

and they did hinted of a BoC release with hammerhall herald before hand so it didn't come out of the blue

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

not exactly, BoC was leaked but it was suppose to have been reveal at Nova last year. that why it felt like it was release out of no where.

and they did hinted of a BoC release with hammerhall herald before hand so it didn't come out of the blue

That's true, it wasn't completely out of the blue, I stand corrected.  It didn't, though, have the more overt practices, such as  teaser videos, that are the usual precursors to the release of a new Battletome, so it felt as though it it did.