The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

It is a requirement for most large tournaments thou. Most player packs state that if models are on squares they will be removed. 

Understood. It's a valid point, but if we are looking at the things about AoS that bothered people, it's not really fair to say that GW made it so that players "have to" re-base their collections.

While tournaments are fun, they are hardly the setting in which most AoS games are played.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, michu said:

@Carnelian So we need only a rogue freeguilder, ogor that doesn't understand metaphors, talking racoon (Mortal Realms are big, there is definitely one), blue- and greenskined aelves and insectoid psyker (wizard).

Clearly the racoon would be a Skaven! And clearly from a Clan Skryre! 🐀

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 2/20/2019 at 8:27 AM, Satyrical Sophist said:

The current Tzeentch book is ... not accurate. It doesn't contain the new summoning rules, and almost every warscroll has had a lot of errata. I think Kairic Acolytes might legitimately be the only unchanged warscroll (and that's only because they should have been and I think GW forgot). Maybe the blue scribes? 

Several traits don't do what the book says anymore, same with spells. 

Seraphon says get in line.

Oldest current battletome

All warscrolls are wrong

Current summon spells are all wrong 

New summoning mechanic in GHB 

Several models nerfed into non-existence -- rip Skink Starseer

25 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

GW made it so that players "have to" re-base their collections.

Agreed

GW made it very clear that you do not have to rebase your army. They even provide guidelines on how to measure from a square base in the designer notes. You can 100% play a fair/legal game of AOS on squares.

29 minutes ago, Future said:

Seraphon says get in line.

Oldest current battletome

All warscrolls are wrong

Current summon spells are all wrong 

New summoning mechanic in GHB 

Several models nerfed into non-existence -- rip Skink Starseer

Aelf player here. No BT yet.

Get in line!  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Aelf player here. No BT yet.

Get in line!  😄

The only difference is as a 1.0 army we are a supported and real faction. So there is a higher expectation there. If only there was some kind of road map we’re gw could guarantee a army is supported or unsupported instead of raw hope

1 minute ago, Future said:

The only difference is as a 1.0 army we are a supported and real faction. So there is a higher expectation there. If only there was some kind of road map we’re gw could guarantee a army is supported or unsupported instead of raw hope

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment, but it also generates sales. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

That hurts man...

Sorry... I really didn't mean that as a personal slight against you. Aelves aren't part of the game, even as an index... yet, so they would be a new faction not one waiting to be caught up on. That being said I truly do wish GW would be clear about these things to the player base, especially those with old models left in limbo. I think we all know its coming and rounding up of sub factions etc. but I would still hope every 1.0 army gets new rules first and every index army gets care.

6 minutes ago, Future said:

Sorry... I really didn't mean that as a personal slight against you. Aelves aren't part of the game, even as an index... yet, so they would be a new faction not one waiting to be caught up on. That being said I truly do wish GW would be clear about these things to the player base, especially those with old models left in limbo. I think we all know its coming and rounding up of sub factions etc. but I would still hope every 1.0 army gets new rules first and every index army gets care.

Darkling Covens and  Wanderers both have Allegiance abilities in the GHB, and several other factions have pitched battle profiles with conditional battleline, so they are very much "part of the game".  

I think LoN, BoC, Glompsite, And Skaven all being release within 1 year, covering many (most?) of the non-covered models shows GW is giving a good bit of priority getting all of their in production models covered by battletomes.  Yes they are also refreshing the earliest battletomes at the same time / in between, but I don't think it's accurate at all to say they have "priority", if anything the contrary, it seems like "non-battletome" factions have been getting priority lately. 

Edited by sorokyl
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Darkling Covens and  Wanderers both have Allegiance abilities in the GHB, and several other factions have pitched battle profiles with conditional battleline, so they are very much "part of the game".  

I think LoN, BoC, Glompsite, And Skaven all being release within 1 year, covering many (most?) of the non-covered models shows GW is giving a good bit of priority getting all of their in production models covered by battletomes.  Yes they are also refreshing the earliest battletomes at the same time / in between, but I don't think it's accurate at all to say they have "priority", if anything the contrary, it seems like "non-battletome" factions have been getting priority lately. 

Skaven Pestilens no longer has a battletome whilst greenskins had a start collecting and are gone - so GHB is sadly no full protection. Armies can be removed or rolled into others. 

23 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Yeah and that’s what I was referencing. Wanderers - specifically. Definitely deserve a battletome but saying aelves is like saying dwarves. Neither is a faction at the moment. I agree they should get the LoN style treatment but that would be a new faction. It is my opinion gw should focus its efforts on existing factions.

unless you are writing battletomes telling me what is accurate or in accurate is just as wrong as any other assumption.  I could easily argue the other way and say that stormcast, Khorne, and flesh eater courts proves gw is focusing more on existing factions. Which is just as dumb to say.

45 minutes ago, Future said:

Yeah and that’s what I was referencing. Wanderers - specifically. Definitely deserve a battletome but saying aelves is like saying dwarves. Neither is a faction at the moment. I agree they should get the LoN style treatment but that would be a new faction. It is my opinion gw should focus its efforts on existing factions.

unless you are writing battletomes telling me what is accurate or in accurate is just as wrong as any other assumption.  I could easily argue the other way and say that stormcast, Khorne, and flesh eater courts proves gw is focusing more on existing factions. Which is just as dumb to say.

IMO, Aelves are gona receive a book like Skaven. One way to play a mix of elves (like Skaventide), one for Highborn, one for wanderers and one for former Dark elves.

Later on Wanderers are gona get a DoK like release, Highborn gona be rolled into Tyrion´s army and the others into Malerion Forces.

But i will stop now since i got no rumors and the mods are gona get mad 😁

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Kronos said:

From the rpg artwork, like chaos warriors, but better, albeit one dead.

E42A8E33-6F9F-45EF-8B34-983A685DC4AB.jpeg

C3E9CD6C-E560-4D5A-A089-1200FFC2E7C9.jpeg

Good catch, and it fits the new-ish aesthetic of some Chaos Warriors and Darkoath barbarians featured on the Stormcast Eternals Battletome cover and the Sigmar's Host artwork (curved plates armor and more spikes) : 

https://warhammerart.com/shop/age-of-sigmar/stormcast-eternals/ (down right the artwork)

https://warhammerart.com/shop/age-of-sigmar/sigmars-host/ (center and middle left)

Also the rumored Varanguard on foot from Warcry. 

1 hour ago, Lukezilla91 said:

Not to unnecessarily rustle anybody’s jimmies, but dispossessed warscroll links from the Geedubs site are giving 404 errors.

Could it mean something?

The entire site is having problems, a lot fo warscrolls go to 404 error. Not much to read there, i guess ;)