The Rumour Thread

Anyone surprised they did Gutbusters instead of "Ogors"? I also saw during a "Why They Fight" image relating to Malign Portents that the Gutbusters were given their own entry, when some arguably equal or larger sizes factions didn't. There's also the fact that they didn't receive allegiance abilities for GHB2018, and neither did Moonclan/Grots. Perhaps we have two Destruction battletomes to look forward to.

1 minute ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Anyone surprised they did Gutbusters instead of "Ogors"? I also saw during a "Why They Fight" image relating to Malign Portents that the Gutbusters were given their own entry, when some arguably equal or larger sizes factions didn't. There's also the fact that they didn't receive allegiance abilities for GHB2018, and neither did Moonclan/Grots. Perhaps we have two Destruction battletomes to look forward to.

I want to hope, But hope is the first step in the road of disappointment at least when it comes to Warhammer releases that doesn't involve Stormcast eternals

12 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

I don't know if it's always been there but you can select Gutbusters Allegiance Abilities in the Azyr list builder.

Here are some 2.0 rumors/leaks that have come my way: 

• At the end of each turn, you will lose as many models as it takes to return that unit to coherency.  
  • When a general dies mid game, you will select a new one.
  • Confirmation that command abilities can be used more than once.
  • Bale wind vortex adds +6" and one additional spell per round for the wizard on it.  Wizards on it cannot have a wounds characteristic more than 8 (thus no Morathi or Eidolon).  Enemies can banish it on a 6+ in their own hero phase, but they must be a wizard and it takes a casting attempt to do so.
  • The six Matched Play scenarios in the core rulebook are those from the GHB2016.  This leads me to speculate that of the 12 in GHB2018, 6 will be those from GHB2017 and 6 will be new.
  • Monsters and Warmachines over 8 wounds will no longer gain bonuses to saves from cover.

That's all I have right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

• At the end of each turn, you will lose as many models as it takes to return that unit to coherency.  

Well now that is an interesting one...

42 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

• Bale wind vortex adds +6" and one additional spell per round for the wizard on it.  Wizards on it cannot have a wounds characteristic more than 8 (thus no Morathi or Eidolon).  Enemies can banish it on a 6+ in their own hero phase, but they must be a wizard and it takes a casting attempt to do so.

1. How should any lost models this way

2.really nice

3.  ?.? On the same hero or is it if have say two vamp lord and could use it's abilities twice on a unit

4. Another nice one

• Like 1

> 

Some monsters and snipers can pick certain models. So if such a monster destroys a model of a unit which is a long row, then you would lose the half of the unit also. I like it.

The most common way to cheat with broken coherency at the moment is for respawning units like the summonable undead units. You would leave a single model within 9" of a graveyard while respawning new models around your opponent's models close to remaining undead models... and any losses you would pick form the middle area even though there will be a huge gap eventually.

A most welcome change!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chord said:

I agree the allegiance abilities and artifacts made the game very unbalanced.  Too many permutations of things.  The best AoS to play is one without allegiance abilities and artifacts. 

God that sounds horrendously boring. 'I push my models at your models, consult the spreadsheet...I had better numbers than you so I win. What a fun way to spend 15 minutes.'

I can't stand playing Stormcast at the moment because the army is so stale and simple, even with their battletome stuff. Allegiance abilities and artefacts are the part of the game that makes it worth playing, honestly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, blueshirtman said:

Isn't next year suppose to be w40k event year? Wouldn't it push the updates really far away for those armies planed for 2019, like the second half of the year or something?

At least it would be fair.

Fair and boring is worse than unfair and fun.

Speaking of unfair though, the changes to the way general's work is going to be a serious problem for people playing against LoN.

Edited by Bellfree

3 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

• The six Matched Play scenarios in the core rulebook are those from the GHB2016.  This leads me to speculate that of the 12 in GHB2018, 6 will be those from GHB2017 and 6 will be new.
  • Monsters and Warmachines over 8 wounds will no longer gain bonuses to saves from cover.

That's all I have right now.

The Balewind restriction using wounds is interesting,,how does Kroak work with that?

7 hours ago, Bellfree said:

Fair and boring is worse than unfair and fun.

Speaking of unfair though, the changes to the way general's work is going to be a serious problem for people playing against LoN.

I would agree with you, if all armies gave the same amount of fun when playing with them.

7 hours ago, Thostos said:

Monsters and Warmachines over 8 wounds will no longer gain bonuses to saves from cover.

Unless they happen to have special rules like the stormcast one.

1 hour ago, Riavan said:

What does that coherancy thing mean? If it means. Change your unit of four/five brutes because one died to 0, that seems unlikely.

Someone makes a conga line  of 40 skins, an ability is used, like lets say a new spell, that kills specific models  and now there is a 3-4" gap between the skins, for each 1" they are not in coherancy they lose a dude. Or something like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Grimm said:

So, do you guys think they will give us some juicy preview for next week's preorders today?

Yeah they will show us what’s coming next week, they always do on a Sunday. We already know though (everything they showed in the Soul War preview the other day). 

Every grand alliance is a very wide term. I don't know, although I maybe very wrong here, if a wanderer player is super exited about new SCE models, and there is a ton of new ones incoming.

I do hope they will some gobo stuff, the model line seems very old with a few very nice models. Some spider riders, some new squigs maybe a unit or two, would be very nice.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I wonder if we'll get two Chaos releases (Darkoath and Slaanesh) or just one. 

I think it'll depend on timing, considering Slaanesh would also count as a 40k release (the Daemons anyway).  I think it's more likely we'd get Darkoath, then Moonfang, then Slaanesh to mix it up a little.

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think it'll depend on timing, considering Slaanesh would also count as a 40k release (the Daemons anyway).  I think it's more likely we'd get Darkoath, then Moonfang, then Slaanesh to mix it up a little.

The way rumors have been leaking out, including rumor engines, it feels like Moonclan will probably be released before Darkoath.  There has been almost not talk that I have seen about Darkoath which makes me think that they are a little ways out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tailessine said:

Hope Darkoath can also follow Chaos undivided- or even a minor god of chaos (if these still exist) as gives them the chance of being a little more unique

I just hope that whatever Darkoath ends up being has models that look like the two characters released so far.  I really love the old Frank Frazetta Conan look they went with for those characters and I would love a whole faction with that theme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

I just hope that whatever Darkoath ends up being has models that look like the two characters released so far.  I really love the old Frank Frazetta Conan look they went with for those characters and I would love a whole faction with that theme.

And they should received some giants guys or some angry war animals, lots of potential indeed