The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, The Golem said:

Question: is there a charitable soul here on TGA who could write a transcript of that video for a poor deaf Golem? You will be rewarded with a lot of internet hugs.

Event a God may regret what he has done

Since your birth in the Celestial Forges you have done all I have asked of you

You have bled the lightning in your veins

You have endured resurrection after resurrection in the wars of your homelands

Sacrifice, no matter how necessary can still scar the soul

Now the seasons shift, the Ages turn

The skys of the Mortal Realms grow dark...
...heralding our worst

My children cast in thunder, born Azyr's wrath

YOU are my judgement, my vengeance, you are the avatars of my force...
...my promise of redemption to the realms I once 
abandoned

• Like 11
  • Thanks 10

7 minutes ago, The Golem said:

Question: is there a charitable soul here on TGA who could write a transcript of that video for a poor deaf Golem? You will be rewarded with a lot of internet hugs.

Hey. Wait a moment. I will listen to the video and write a transcript down for you. Wait a moment.

Edit: @RuneBrush was faster! ? 

Edited by Infeston
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Golem said:

Even a god may regret what he has done.
Since your birth in the celestial forges, you have done all I've asked of you.
You have bled the lightning in your veins, you have endured resurrection after resurrection in the wars for your homelands.
Sacrifice no matter how necessary can still scar the soul.
Now the season shift, the ages turn. The skies of the Mortal Realms grow dark.
Heralding. Our. Storm.
My children, cast in thunder, born of Azyr's wrath.
You are my judgement, my vengeance, you are the avatars of my oath!
My promise of redemption to the Realms I once abandoned.

Sorry for not the perfect punctuation, made in haste :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BrownDog said:

Huh, it seems these weren't future Shadespire warbands, but just some (amazing looking) push to fit kits, neat :D

"On the release weekend, meanwhile, you’ll be able to grab a range of push fit kits to bolster your forces from Soul Wars. If you’re a fan of the Sacrosanct Chamber, you’ll be able to reinforce your army with some Sequitors and Castigators (not to mention a loyal Gryph-hound!) while Nighthaunt players can add a Deathbeat Drummer to their Glaivewraith Stalkers, or add the shrieking Myrmourn Banshees to their armies – diabolical wizard-hunters with the power to feast on magical energy."

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-PushFitSequitors26be.jpg

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-PushFitCastigators26qx.jpg

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-PushFitGlaivewraith28bb.jpg

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-PushFitBanshees27vf.jpg

Wow the horse skull ghost with the drum is amazing! 

1 minute ago, Walrustaco said:

A bit disappointed than there won't be new allegiance abilities in the new GHB. 

Jeah I had hoped for new Gutbuster allegiance abilities. But maybe they release  a battletome later? ? Ah damn. It is getting old always saying this. But hopefully they have adjusted the point costs for Maneaters in the new GHB2018. This is the one thing that was necesarry since GHB2016. They have never adjusted the points since then. It doesn't make sense that they cost 220 points. You can't even fit them in an ally slot. 

6 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Skaven, yes-yes, not horsy-thing!

Wasn't it disproved that they are resurrected Skaven? As far as I know these are not resurrected Skaven but instead the reborn souls of mass murderers or assasins. I don't where I had read this. But maybe I might be wrong. ? 

Sorry for double posting. But I still always fail at posting two quotes in one post.

Edited by Infeston

7 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Wasn't it disproved that they are resurrected Skaven? As far as I know these are not resurrected Skaven but instead the reborn souls of mass murderers or assasins. I don't where I had read this. But maybe I might be wrong. ? 

Sorry for double posting. But I still always fail at posting two quotes in one post.

Yeah they're not Skaven, and those are horse heads, which makes sense as The Great Horned Rat would be the one to take skaven souls, not Nagash.

11 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Yeah, I read that too. 

But if you look at the art, they look so incredibly skaven! And when I think about it, isn't every skaven a mass murderer/assassin at heart? :D

11 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Well, bar Chainrasp, every Nighthaunt so far has been stated to be the Soul of some mass murderer or assassin. These, according to the initial reveal, are specifically those who hunted other people for sport.

But, seriously, GW can claim these are not skaven at all as much as they want, it seems clear to me that they wheredesigned with skaven in mind, they even wield skaven style polearms!

My guess is they got cold feet or the lorekeeper at GW pulled the plug on skaven ghosts, but the miniatures where either to far in developement or they just liked the design to much, so they where rebranded.

The only other explanation is that they only accidentially look totally like skaven and nobody noticed. Which does not seem likely to me.

Pity too. As @BrownDog correctly points out, skaven would normally not go to Nagash, so it could have been an interesting story to explain that Skaven ghosts are a rarity and how they come about (the ghosts of Warlords who threw in with Nagash to continue their existence at any cost or get out of TGHR punishing them for failure, for example)

9 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Well, bar Chainrasp, every Nighthaunt so far has been stated to be the Soul of some mass murderer or assassin. These, according to the initial reveal, are specifically those who hunted other people for sport.

But, seriously, GW can claim these are not skaven at all as much as they want, it seems clear to me that they wheredesigned with skaven in mind, they even wield skaven style polearms!

My guess is they got cold feet or the lorekeeper at GW pulled the plug on skaven ghosts, but the miniatures where either to far in developement or they just liked the design to much, so they where rebranded.

The only other explanation is that they only accidentially look totally like skaven and nobody noticed. Which does not seem likely to me.

Pity too. As @BrownDog correctly points out, skaven would normally not go to Nagash, so it could have been an interesting story to explain that Skaven ghosts are a rarity and how they come about (the ghosts of Warlords who threw in with Nagash to continue their existence at any cost or get out of TGHR punishing them for failure, for example)

I think they are to big for a skaven skull, The miniature looks biger then your Clan Rat and the skull is (I think) twice the head of a Clan Rat

• Like 1

The horse skull and spear fit with relentless pursuit that is described on the Warhammer Community page.  The hunched forms carry over into all the Nighthaunt models bar banshees.  Like has been said it is highly doubtful that Nagash would end up with skaven souls as they belong to the great horned rat from birth much like how chaos worshipers belong to their respective gods.

Glaivewraith Stalkers

Nagash has a twisted sense of justice, and each member of the Nighthaunt is shaped to reflect their crimes in a previous life. The Glaivewraith Stalkers were those who hunted men for sport and pleasure – now, they still work as huntsmen, drifting slowly and unstoppably towards their quarry, pursuing them for months (or even years!) if they have to.

AoSNighthauntFF-May14-Stalker7rv.jpg

From the initial spoiler for Nighthaunt

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/14/14th-may-faction-focus-nighthauntgw-homepage-post-3/

So more likely horses than Skaven.

Edit: sorry, quote went weird.

Edited by CyderPirate

Nice to get a placable clear rumor engine.

4 minutes ago, Griffounet said:

It's clearly linked to slaanesh but is it for us or for 40k players ? ^_^

Why not both? Could be on a deamon unit, (like the KoS) after all. Even if it is 40k, that is a great bit for AoS Slaanesh conversions ^^.

What I really like about this rumor engine is that it tells us what the entire design direction of Slaanesh weapons will look like, which is something I have been wondering. It is a nice one, to boot, a bit of Aelf/Aeldari/Drukari, but more Chaos.

5 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I am afraid you are a bit late for the party.