The Rumour Thread

I was convinced the mother of sorrows was a kitbash, but the more I look at it, the more I think it's a new model. Not too keen on the hybrid/centaur style thing and the bat wings being used like a walruses flippers but it's impossible to tell from the blurry pic, I could fall in love when seeing good quality.

I also think one of the unsolved rumour pics could be her 'bat/wolf/centaur' feet. The one with the animal foot perched on some kind of scenery? Anyone got that?

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, Ghoooouls said:

I was convinced the mother of sorrows was a kitbash, but the more I look at it, the more I think it's a new model. Not too keen on the hybrid/centaur style thing and the bat wings being used like a walruses flippers but it's impossible to tell from the blurry pic, I could fall in love when seeing good quality.

I also think one of the unsolved rumour pics could be her 'bat/wolf/centaur' feet. The one with the animal foot perched on some kind of scenery? Anyone got that?

Yea this is true, I’m keeping an open mind since the rumour is it can build a generic version of whatever she is, and if I don’t like her version I may like that one, although the more I look the more I like it hahah! Rare for warcom to leak their own stuff! 

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

A bit of context we could show us the next Saturday.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/23/the-big-warhammer-40000-previewgw-homepage-post-1/

We can expect a new animation video, two models, a new centerpiece, rules and extended narrative.

My only worry is that when 9th was announced they made it clear it was a 40K preview, why now hide the aos 🤔 like they clearly don’t mind showing us more than one day of the same game... I still believe Saturday is 3rd just perplexed to why the mystery this time 

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

A bit of context we could show us the next Saturday.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/23/the-big-warhammer-40000-previewgw-homepage-post-1/

We can expect a new animation video, two models, a new centerpiece, rules and extended narrative.

If at the 8th May Preview we get to see at least half that for AOS 3 I will beyond happy !

KNIGHTLY STORMCAST vs WOLF RIDDING HOBGOBLIN

Yeah :P

• LOVE IT! 3

Hey all, let's temper expectations a little. For all we know the preview will be further Gravelord models and another Broken Realms book. I've seen angry disappointment too many times on the forum during previews.

Edited by BrownDog
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

53 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

My only worry is that when 9th was announced they made it clear it was a 40K preview, why now hide the aos 🤔 like they clearly don’t mind showing us more than one day of the same game... I still believe Saturday is 3rd just perplexed to why the mystery this time 

To be honest I’m not expecting any teasers until next broken realm book drops. The mystery reveal could be either Horus Heresy related or showing off the Old World. I’m excited either way

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Someone on FB did an excellent pencil sketch of the outline. It's definitely some sort of centaur. They went 'full Lumineth'.

I think its more they went "full AoS"- which I love. She looks like part Vargulf/dragon/Vamp- a nightmare monstrosity in the best way. I'm doing my best to resist the vamps but there seems to be so many I could get "just to paint".. fortunately I still have my VC army from WFB but still... Really intrigued by the prospect of new Dire Wolves. Looking forward ti seeing what next week brings..

On the Aelf/Dwarf debate -  always thought the purpose of Aelves was to show how superior dwarfs are compared to their weedy capricious point-y eared counterparts - thats why they need so many types, dwarfs have quality over quantity..😇 [totally joking - I'm a dwarf collector really wanting those Kurnothi aelves when they arrive..]. 

I imagine we're going to be the happy ones on Saturday.

Given that it's 3 years (and a week) since 2nd's reveal too, it lines up pretty solid too.

The Ghal Maraz coin, the new Stormcast symbol on the banner, the 'Summer of Sigmar' etc. 

I wonder though just how much AOS has grown in the last few years. 40k seems to have drifted off a bit where as everywhere I see AOS is booming and taking on new hobbyists. 

Going to be interesting to see how fast the 'Indomitus AOS' box sells out.

We got a record of ~4 minutes to beat lads.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dreddships said:

Going to be interesting to see how fast the 'Indomitus AOS' box sells out.

We got a record of ~4 minutes to beat lads.

They the made it to order for a while afterwards to beat the scalpers. I would hope the same happens. 

• Like 2

That this month's coin is The Warhammer and not Soulblight when every other month's coin has been themed to the big release has me convinced it'll be 3.0, especially with all the supposedly legitimate leaks coming out of the wood work. 

That said I don't think we'll get much information about it beyond a reveal of the box set's contents and a cover.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

As a man whose just entered what some may describe as old age, it being my One Hundred and 30th Birthday after all, I'm hoping GW brings me an Ogor sized feast of AOS goodies next Saturday!!

I too have recently become a billion years old... I've also just decided to return to competitive Warhammer after a slightly prolonged absence .... All I want next week is some clarity on the soulblight rules coming and what kragnos is ... Then I can make s decision on my army ....

I'm Really excited regardless of anything... Just looking forward to a summer of pushing toyo Soldiers around and being coughed on by sweaty strangers again 

😜

Edited by CarkFish
Typo
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So are people expecting the new edition to be revealed on mystery Saturday or on AOS Monday? For those not suspecting a 3.0 reveal or expect it on Monday what then do you expect for Saturday? 

I'm going with Saturday for the 3.0 reveal. There's two days dedicated to 40k even without a new edition coming so these Days can't be 'that' packed. 

Presumably there's still a sizeable chunk of Soulblight to reveal, as well as the contents of BR: Kragnos to discuss, which I imagine will take up almost the whole thing.

I think it'll come down to how long these Days actually are. Their Previews usually last an hour and with this one starting later than usual (6pm GMT as opposed to the usual 2pm) I doubt they'll be running for long.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm going with Saturday for the 3.0 reveal. There's two days dedicated to 40k even without a new edition coming so these Days can't be 'that' packed. 

Presumably there's still a sizeable chunk of Soulblight to reveal, as well as the contents of BR: Kragnos to discuss, which I imagine will take up almost the whole thing.

I think it'll come down to how long these Days actually are. Their Previews usually last an hour and with this one starting later than usual (6pm GMT as opposed to the usual 2pm) I doubt they'll be running for long.

I think they’ll still be at least an hour, I think the time change is because it’s the first time of online warhammer fest, and it meets so many people as they finish work (uk at least) 

16 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I kinda feel like broken realms has been the aos psychic awakening .... And was always meant as a mechanism for moving to a new edition ... Whether that's next week ... I'm just not sure

Hello,

I noticed that in the new Lumineth rulebook (page 109) and in the Broken Realms Teclis (page 139), there is the same helmet that we had not seen yet.

I don't think that it is Tyrion but perhaps it may be a new hero or the champion of the aelmentiri unit of the Zenith's spirit.

Bye bye.

19 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

This is a repost of leaks that were first posted around the time Cursed City dropped

Based on that White Dwarf page and Grave Guard apparently sticking around, they look to be the most accurate SBGL leaks we have

rumors.PNG

Surprised no one is chattering much about the Radukar the Beast portion of this rumor. This was definitely something people speculated previously as a Cursed City expansion and there is that huge paw rumor engine.

If they release a Radukar the Beast model that isn't a Cursed City expansion, that would definitely be a bad sign that expansions were killed.

19 minutes ago, Nagash42 said:

I dunno the centaur vamp still seems like a conversion to me. It kinda looks like a mix of sigvald and teclis's catbird and a green stuff. 

Really don’t get why everyone thinks it’s a centaur? It’s a small blurry pic. Clearly just the angle of the model makes it look weird and it’ll be a vamp riding an abyssal terror.

32 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm hoping the Previews are still an hour but wouldnt be suprised were they shorter. Regardless I just want Kragnos revealed, Soulblight fully unveiled for the Vamps lovers and 3.0 announced. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1