The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

We have zero news in Warhammer Community today. It is very strange. 😌

Hard to keep hype going with 0 releases for weeks to come and even the previous releases being extremely limited/unavailable. I thought about picking up a Belakor, but nah, now I will just hold off on that, it was not available for preorder anymore after like 5 minutes due to limited stock. I for one will not support or reward poor management like that and I have friends who are outright furious.

We had planned a Cursed City playthrough weekend but none of us could even get a copy, which makes all these youtuber and influencer reviews, paint tutorials etc sting a LOT. Perhaps they had some cursed city fun articles in the pipeline but realized that would just be salt in the wound now?

12 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Hard to keep hype going with 0 releases for weeks to come and even the previous releases being extremely limited/unavailable. I thought about picking up a Belakor, but nah, now I will just hold off on that, it was not available for preorder anymore after like 5 minutes due to limited stock. I for one will not support or reward poor management like that and I have friends who are outright furious.

We had planned a Cursed City playthrough weekend but none of us could even get a copy, which makes all these youtuber and influencer reviews, paint tutorials etc sting a LOT. Perhaps they had some cursed city fun articles in the pipeline but realized that would just be salt in the wound now?

Yea plus I think the community editors normally work months in advance, so now I know they’ve had new articles made due to the delays, hence why some articles aren’t coming out on the hour like before, and it’s because the editors are being sent a lot of articles that are being pushed due to the lack of releases, I’ve heard next week is going to have some good articles too :) 

5 hours ago, Iksdee said:

For some reason i cant shake the feeling that Orruk warclans will become a Great Waaagh faction again including Gitmob Snarlfangs and an Orruk/Gitmob Chariot. Them joining the war driven Gordrakk makes more sense to me than adding them to Gloomspite Gitz. They would feel out of place worshipping the sun and GG already have similar units in Spider Riders and Squighoppers/Bounders + bosses. What do u all think about this?

Gitz already have a lot of warscrolls, but they could release a "Grot Warclans" book where they have their own allegiance abilities just like orruk warclans. They could even include a "Little WAAAGH!" that works like an inverse of "Big WAAAGH!" with the grots being strong and confident at the start, and losing steam as they inevitably lose fights.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Just enough data to know how to win with brand new books, but not enough to do a balance update on books that have been out for months.

That’s a very specific amount of data to have. 

i believe the metawatch articles are Freelanced to someone outside of GW who interview community members and gather just community thoughts and data to write the articles but isn't really tied to the overall design team

20 minutes ago, novakai said:

i believe the metawatch articles are Freelanced to someone outside of GW who interview community members and gather just community thoughts and data to write the articles but isn't really tied to the overall design team

The point being that if they can consult outside experts to write competitive lists, they could use the same expertise for points adjustments

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I'm not sure why the order of Azyr would be behind door #13 of the hammer guy's closet.

my theory is Order of Azyr would be a Cities release/upgrade, parallel with the Stormcast Ruination Chamber (IMO the likeliest chamber if a new one opens for 3.0) in defense of Excelsis and/or mobilizing to defend Azyr when Excelsis falls.

• Like 2

I know I've been saying it for a few weeks now BUT what if this weekend they announce a Preview for the 1st of May? Or do you think until releases are back on schedule we will have a break in them? 

Since typing this post I've convinced myself of the latter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

my theory is Order of Azyr would be a Cities release/upgrade, parallel with the Stormcast Ruination Chamber (IMO the likeliest chamber if a new one opens for 3.0) in defense of Excelsis and/or mobilizing to defend Azyr when Excelsis falls.

The Order of Azyr could also be the "mortals" side of a new Stormcast book, mirroring the split mortals/daemons of the Chaos ones. The reason why I don't believe this myself is that this would make the SCE book really big.

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I know I've been saying it for a few weeks now BUT what if this weekend they announce a Preview for the 1st of May? Or do you think until releases are back on schedule we will have a break in them? 

I'm sure that a preview was postponed because of the warehouse problems. We were having a preview the third week of each in the past months.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I don’t know, tbh while you’ve convinced yourself of the latter, you could consider the former since they want to keep the hype alive, and there aren’t many ways when no models are releasing:) here’s hoping! 

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

i think they are just going to skip April for a preview show and the next show is Mid May

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Since it's Labour Day, maybe a Marxist Kharadron skyport?

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

That would fit in the timeline, but I'd think they would fit opposing death & chaos a lot more than krumping destruction. So yes, it's not unlikely, but not the most flavourful option.

3 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

The Order of Azyr could also be the "mortals" side of a new Stormcast book, mirroring the split mortals/daemons of the Chaos ones. The reason why I don't believe this myself is that this would make the SCE book really big.

I don't think the Order of Azyr will do that, the heroes we've seen so far had the Cities keyword. Maybe a 1-4, but not just chucking them in with Stormcast.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Since it's Labour Day, maybe a Marxist Kharadron skyport?

...or a new SCE Chamber: The Sigmarxists with their own red color scheme. No hero units, just Storm Cast Proletarians with hammers and sickles.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Iksdee said:

For some reason i cant shake the feeling that Orruk warclans will become a Great Waaagh faction again including Gitmob Snarlfangs and an Orruk/Gitmob Chariot. Them joining the war driven Gordrakk makes more sense to me than adding them to Gloomspite Gitz. They would feel out of place worshipping the sun and GG already have similar units in Spider Riders and Squighoppers/Bounders + bosses. What do u all think about this?

Based on the story laid forth in the Broken Realms Belakor book and what ive seen speculated around here,  I'm guessing the 3rd edition launch box is Stormcast "Order of Azyr" vs Orruk Warclans. With new human knights of Order Azyr mixed with a stormcast chapter for the Order half of the Box, and a mixed Destruction side with Gitmob Grots, a chariot (or gordraaks war machine) and some Orruks/Gargants falling under the Orruk Warclans faction.

I don' think we'll get a new destruction army, at least based on the current lore, unless Gordraak perishes, or ascends to godhood. In which case the Great Waagh would collapse and some new faction could spring forth from it I guess. 

I'd love a mixed destruction force. I miss Orruks, Goblins Ogors and Giants on the battlefield together. 

• Like 3

Just now, Nuriel said:

*Cough* Grand Alliance Destruction *Cough* 😉

I would absolutely love if Kragnos could be allied everywhere and was just this "I am last of my kind I am full of rage and I wanna smash some things to vent it out"