The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I have thought about this and while Katakros lists will probably appear a lot, I think that is a more reasonable "tax", in addition Katakros command range is reduced already after taking 4 wounds from 36" to 18" which is far from as reliable as just going Petrifex.

Petrifex will still have a place though, as having access to a +1 rend command is just so powerful, the question is what they would get instead for a trait too, but I guess we will see.

So far OBR has been competing on just being tough and combined with access to +1 rend, that made them killy enough to simply brawl with top armies. If that is no longer the case, we might see OBR fall to the middle of the pack, especially as shooting armies will tear them apart with only 4+ saves and each wound being at a 12 pts+ price tag.

I would not really trust any leaks much normally, it is only the cost reduction leak that combined with the petrifex nerf rumour starts adding up somehow.

I think it is pretty safe to say that there will be a nerf, it's just to what extent. I do wonder if they will remove the rend rather than the save though, as the "super tough bone" is the core of what the subfaction is supposed to be, and removing the save would be counter to that fluff. A replacement to either would be fine in the end though, but my fear is they will do a half measure like "+1 save for the first round" kinda thing, which keeps the theme, but effectively does nothing in 90% of situations. 

As much as I know it's unlikely, I would love for some boosts to the other subfactions. Well, mostly just Ivory Host to be honest. 

Edited by Heijoshin

49 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Vorgaroth receive a point reduction... A Forgeworld miniature receive a point reduction...

Pray for the Legion of Azrogh and the Gloomspite miniatures...

Where did you see this? As a legion of azgorh player, I really hope the forgeworld models do get some adjustment.

1 minute ago, Gistradagis said:

Hysh's artefact looks good to me.

Depends on what you play. As SCE, we've got the AZyros which gives that on a bubble.
But other armies can use a CP for it anyway.
You really can't compare the possibility to equip an Ignax Scale like artifact and one giving rerolls of 1.

1 minute ago, schwabbele said:

I kinda feel I am alone with this, but I wish GW wouldn’t send out any copies early. Those leaks are so annoying. 

Why ? I appreciate those leaks. It gives us an insight into the future. I don't like that future, but it's another topic.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

I kinda feel I am alone with this, but I wish GW wouldn’t send out any copies early. Those leaks are so annoying. 

1 minute ago, Maturin said:

Why ? I appreciate those leaks. It gives us an insight into the future. I don't like that future, but it's another topic.

Personally I like them but not for their informative value, just because it's fun to discuss them :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Depends on what you play. As SCE, we've got the AZyros which gives that on a bubble.
But other armies can use a CP for it anyway.
You really can't compare the possibility to equip an Ignax Scale like artifact and one giving rerolls of 1.

Well duh, but we're talking artefacts on a bubble, not "well this hero in this faction wouldn't need it so it's not that good." 

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Personally I like them but not for their informative value, just because it's fun to discuss them :D

Do you want a hot chocolate and croissant with that, moonsieur (with the french accent made by an american actor)?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gistradagis said:

Well duh, but we're talking artefacts on a bubble, not "well this hero in this faction wouldn't need it so it's not that good." 

Artifacts on a bubble ? Dude, before you "duh" me, please correct your sentence. It's weird.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I just gave you an example of a unit in a specific faction that gives a better ability than this artifact does.
Plus, I compared former artifacts, which for certain of them quite were powerful and/or interesting, to those dull new ones.
I also compared said artifact to the ability EVERY faction have, albeit for a CP.

You don't like what I say? It's ok, you've got the right to. But please be civil and nice.

Edited by Maturin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Artifacts on a bubble ? Dude, before you "duh" me, please correct your sentence. It's weird.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I just gave you an example of a unit in a specific faction that gives a better ability than this artifact does.
Plus, I compared former artifacts, which for certain of them quite powerful and interesting, to those dull new ones.
I also compared said artifact to the ability EVERY faction have, albeit for a CP.

You don't like what I say? It's ok, you've got the right to. But please be civil and nice.

Yeah all the new artefacts suck, pretty much every tome has better artefacts but I guess that's what they're going for.

Lots of armies have now lost the option to push through tanky units. No more rend 3 artefacts for anyone, no more mortals on 6s etc. 

On a side note, no more ethereal VLoZD, no more 4++ saves etc.

Older armies will suffer from this.

Edited by Ghoooouls
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Plus, I compared former artifacts, which for certain of them quite powerful and interesting, to those dull new ones.

What? Forgive me if you took something weird from my message, but in which world is "well duh" considered an insult...? Bit odd to say that while being so implicitly rude, so at least be civil when demanding things, but apologies if you took it that way, then.

As for the artefacts, how some of them were so good while the vast majority were worthless was precisely what they wanted to fix, I guess, and to push faction artefacts. And my point was that comparing an artefact that you can pick and use anywhere to effects reserved to particular factions doesn't make much sense.

Edited by Gistradagis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

What? Forgive me if you took something weird from my message, but in which world is "well duh" considered an insult...? Bit odd to say that while being so implicitly rude, but apologies if you took it that way, then.

As for the artefacts, how some of them were so good while the vast majority were worthless was precisely what they wanted to fix, I guess, and to push faction artefacts. And my point was that comparing an artefact that you can pick and use anywhere to effects reserved to particular factions doesn't make much sense.

I think the issue will now be that no one uses the realm ones. Whilst I agree it was annoying always seeing the same artefacts in use, these new ones seem distinctly lackluster.

It's the older armies that will suffer the most. With arguably the best one being rerolling 1s to save, which all armies have multiple ways of getting already.

Edited by Ghoooouls

Just now, Ghoooouls said:

I think the issue will now be that no one uses the realm ones. Whilst I agree it was annoying always seeing the same artefacts in use, these new ones seem distinctly lackluster. It's the older armies that will suffer the most.

Playing Maggotkin, I do get that (although we do have a couple of strong options). Nevertheless, I'm guessing they'll release more stuff later on, and this was some sort of soft reset after realizing they had overdone it a bit with the Malign Sorcery artefacts.

7 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Playing Maggotkin, I do get that (although we do have a couple of strong options). Nevertheless, I'm guessing they'll release more stuff later on, and this was some sort of soft reset after realizing they had overdone it a bit with the Malign Sorcery artefacts.

Let's hope so. As LoN/GA death player I have some okay options too, but was nice to have some really good ones alongside and give more choice. (That may sound odd as legions have like 18 artefacts 6 per legion, but the majority are very odd and/or one use only which I'm not a fan of).

I also play frequently with an avid bretonnia fan who's king, at 400 points, will now be hugely worse without access to rend 3, ethereal or the sword of judgement. I suppose he may not even be around anymore...

I guess the thing is, I don't often play 100% competitive games, and we can just have a house rule for games where we can use the old artefacts, however I like being able to play an awesome battle and come out of it thinking I could use that army at a tournament, which I couldn't do with house rules.

Edited by Ghoooouls

1 hour ago, schwabbele said:

I can relate to that - it is kind of a strange habit: I find myself zooming in on blurred images of unreleased Battletomes/Books and hunting down point costs for Units/Armies I have never played against. All the while I feel kind of dumb for doing that, you know wasting my time on this pointless wild goose-chase, because the book will be out in a week anyway. Even though, as others have pointed out: It can be kind of fun.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Beliman said:

They are a bit generic but I think that's the point of all this artefacts.

Well, if Anvil of Apotheosis makes us able to tailor heroes, maybe it will compensate for that.
What I liked about those Malign Sorceries artifacts was it reminded me of WFB with a twist.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maturin said:

Well, if Anvil of Apotheosis makes us able to tailor heroes, maybe it will compensate for that.
What I liked about those Malign Sorceries artifacts was it reminded me of WFB with a twist.

Hope you are right.

It's the main feature that I'm looking for in this new GHB2020 and I really want to see it for all types of play!!!

• Like 1