The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Well, you better ask the StD people, they don't even have a book.

If we talk unacceptable we start here.

Half of factions that will use Cities battletome don't even have allegiance abilities yet. They're the only ones allowed to complain before StD ; )

But as GW is clearly trying to resolve the issue of missing battletomes, StD can't be close behind.

As for not previewing endless spells - don't releases unveiled on events tend to have more 'irregular' pattern of what is being shown and what isn't, cmpared to those previewed on community page first? While we can't be certain that spells are coming it'd be strange to break the pattern of giving them to everybody.

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2019 at 4:46 PM, JackStreicher said:

Looks surprisingly different to the actual Orion (old model and Total War Incarceration).

he looks more feral and tribal.

A1F0B6CD-D331-4ACD-B92C-147CCA8D37FB.jpeg

Maybe the new Wanderers will all be Satyr, Centaur-like ^^

I think you may have solved it. It fits with everything we have seen so far.

On another topic, take the TK rumours with a grain of salt people. If we look back we had so many rumours that have had zero results so far.

Shadow elves, light elves, the new revamped skryre army (which ended up having just a bombardier even though people leaked seeing warmachines), the mechanical free peoples army.

There are so many rumours going around, so dont get your hopes up too much.

Edited by Kugane
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

Well, the reason StD doesn't have a book yet is no doubt because we got four distinct flavour new armies pulled from the Slaves line. In no small feat, Warriors/Daemons have actually received more content than even Stormcast. I know it doesn't say Slaves to Darkness on the tin, but really you have an awesome opportunity to choose one of four alignments plus a basic kind and get a ton of versatility.

So, the last 3 "known" Warcry Warbands are almost here :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/28/coming-soon-warbands-enforcers-and-more/

Can't wait for the Aqshy and Eightpoints ones to be teased !!!

We should see Orruk Warclans, Cities of Sigmar and Ogor Mawtribes quite soon, then (assuming WHU : Beastgrave is for this Fall) :)

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, michu said:

Slight change of topic. Do you think we could see a re-release of Excelsior Warpriest when the Cities of Sigmar BT will show up? It would be a perfect time for that.

I'm sure of it. There was an Excelsior Warpriest heavily featured in the siege of Lethis in Forbidden Power, and he's a gorgeous modern model. I wonder if his tiny gryph-hound will still have 3 wounds? 🤔

• Like 1

Well, I guess that all signs are on StD having a big release. Therefore it makes sense that GW don´t want to have 2 big releases competing. Also, Warcry is a really nice stepstone in an narrative way that gw tries to introduce their products. Also StD benefit from the new kits through Warscrolls (at this point: Having a stand alone kit of the factionsless Beasts would be great! Will most propably come with the ominous StD Book).

It makes actually good sense that GW releases the next wave of models a week later. I was really confused when not all Warbands went on preorder on the same date.

Meanwhile, I am really eager to learn about the rules for the existing factions, as thoose will be for me the core point if I will start Warcry or if I will pass on this one.

• Like 1

Honestly I don't see signs that GW is giving Slaves a "big release" or anything bigger than other factions. We've had some rumour that there are new knights on the way but if I recall right it was claims on a website that was pulled from the internet a while back and thus highly suspect and might just have been wish-listing; reporting on wishlisting or even just outright trolling. 

Otherwise the slaves "big release" I think would be adding the warbands from Warcry into Slaves; however considering the stats we've got on them whilst they are a big boon to add visually, I don't think GW is aiming to make them a massive mechanical addition. This would suggest to me that slaves are getting a simple release - tome, spells, terrain - rather than an extensive one. Slaves already have a good range of plastics and whilst some are old and show their age, they are more showing age in terms of dynamic posing rather than detail or optional parts. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, michu said:

@Overread There is one counterpoint - Darkoath Warqueen. All "Herald" armies got full release - new BT, new units, etc...

True but at the same time GW never outright said every herald would get an army. Plus they can release a "Dark Oath" warband type deal for her and then have her slot into Slaves with that. 

I'm waiting StD for ages, sitting on unassembled boxes piled in a drawer. But honnestly, if there is ONLY a battletome (with some nice rules of course and with Everchosen inside), I'd be happy camper.  Even without decor and/or ES. No need. I just ask GW to re-release the amazing WAR MAMOTH. That's it.  Cheap for them (gw). Great for us.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, michu said:

Question: I've recently heard rumours that GW said some old units will be back for Cities of Sigmar. Their site says only about units disappearing.  Does anyone  who were on aos open day know anything about it?

I was at the Open Day and spoke to several GW staff about the Cities of Sigmar. At no point did anyone say anything to me about old units coming back. I wasn't at the seminar though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

I'm tired of the beat of this drum. StD are in a terrible spot and we all know it. This thread isn't for complaining about that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, skeen77 said:

I'm tired of the beat of this drum. StD are in a terrible spot and we all know it. This thread isn't for complaining about that.

Come on man, you're about 10 posts only, and you.....actually, already complaining too  😜

You'd better had pass on this one 😛

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, skeen77 said:

It doesn't matter you are tired of it or not.

If people cry like... our 345th book comes without terrain while other people don't get a single book,  you will have to listen them complain. Especially when Order just got their own terrain.

Again, the issue is that StD have no book, no spells, no terrain, no nothing and people complain that the 37th terrain they just got is not to their likings

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

It doesn't matter you are tired of it or not.

If people cry like... our 345th book comes without terrain while other people don't get a single book,  you will have to listen them complain. Especially when Order just got their own terrain.

Again, the issue is that StD have no book, no spells, no terrain, no nothing and people complain that the 37th terrain they just got is not to their likings

I mean, at this point everyone knows that the armies without a book are in bad shape. There is no reason to beat the drum constantly about it. 

• Like 3

Jumping on the Warcry topic a moment in the last article they said new warbands would be coming when talking to the Stormcast and referring to the non-Chaos allegiances. It could mean many things but one can think the Warcry to move from Allpoints to other places like Warhammer Underworlds already did... I think the latter is a real pointer of what GW can do today with the narrative (Malerion’s Arena anyone?).

Anyway Warcry for now is out of the way, August is at the door so any minute they could tell us more about Cities of Sigmar or more Orruks, although the wait for the end of the Tithe of Bone storyline will be excruciatingly longer...

1 hour ago, Neffelo said:

I mean, at this point everyone knows that the armies without a book are in bad shape. There is no reason to beat the drum constantly about it. 

You bet that those people won't stop to share their paine.

I'm more of a Nurgle player but i absolutely understand when people are treated more than unfair. You can fill libraries with Stormcast books alone.

• Thanks 1