The Rumour Thread

As much as I would want these to be true, these point changes feel too good to be true. Gw has not exactly given me massive confidence that they'd be on the point with so many major point changes at the same time, many of these feel something balance-savvy players want to see with points but not something gw will actually end up doing. Plus as mentioned, if fyreslayers are listed that would essentially mean that even before their btome was released, gw knew they f-ed up fyreslayer points because there is such a short time between their tome and ghb release.

Edited by angrycontra

1 hour ago, novakai said:

hmm, I notice the fact that they didn't adjust the point cost of regular Dankholds and Mangler squig to coincide with the Hero version. make me think if this leak is true there are more point adjustment not shown. I am taking it with a grain of salt though since some of these look too good to be true.

The standard Dankhold Troggoth was easily the biggest miss in the Gloomspite book.  There are various other big misses on that chart and a whole lot of "internet favorite" ideas listed.  I am not opposed to a lot of the things listed on that image, but I don't at all believe it is the real thing.

Did I miss something? Or why ppl suddenly believe so much that TK will be back?

I am absolutely a fan of TK lore and their models, however there were already so much unreliable rumors talking about TK before but nothing we have seen till now.

If they are gonna make a return I will be happy as mad but I still doubt the possibility.

Always remember hope is the first step towards disappointment 

Bony tentacles and bony scythes in rumour engine? Also trusted community members hinting releases? Not saying the new tomb kings will be anything that they were in Old World but I believe we could see some spiritual successor to them in future....

5 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Did I miss something? Or why ppl suddenly believe so much that TK will be back?

I am absolutely a fan of TK lore and their models, however there were already so much unreliable rumors talking about TK before but nothing we have seen till now.

If they are gonna make a return I will be happy as mad but I still doubt the possibility.

Always remember hope is the first step towards disappointment 

Tomb Kings I will believe when I see them.  I'm not saying that GW won't trot that idea out at some point, but it sort of feels a bit too soon to me.   That said, they do sort of need to sort out Death.  Legions of Nagash was a good book for when it came out - but it was basically a giant get-you-by book that really just resorted the old Death kits to be useful in the game without new models and effectively replaced Grand Alliance Death.  But at this point that book is starting to show it's age and it really does not fit very well with the new edition in a few ways.

In addition, Legion of Nagash tied up so much stuff into a single book that in order to expand Death armies they will probably need to figure out a good way to disentangle it at some point.  Splitting the various Mortarchs in the book out into their own allegiance battletomes seems like a good way forward for GW to go.  The one thing they would have to figure out if they do that is how to handle Nagash himself and they have a similar problem to solve on the Chaos side with Archaon.

If they do decide to brush off Tomb Kings and reimagine them for AoS then the thing that makes the most sense to me would be for them split Neferata from Legions of Nagash and move her into whatever this would be.  But, I also believe that at some point they will do something with Deathrattle and it seems like a Tomb Kings redux would step on Deathrattle unless they did not do much with the skeletons concept and instead concentrated more on the construct & monsters side of Tomb Kings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

Bony tentacles and bony scythes in rumour engine? Also trusted community members hinting releases? Not saying the new tomb kings will be anything that they were in Old World but I believe we could see some spiritual successor to them in future....

Oh so the Rumour source is pretty reliable, didn’t know that!

The time  to hype!

2 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

We also know that there is a new death battletome coming out this year. Since death is updated for the most part, lead most people to believe it a somewhat new army.

and it may have to do with the entity that trap in the lake in Forbidden power

• Like 2

Just now, GeneralZero said:

For the new death battletome, one thing is really probable: LoN 2.0.

With LoN endless spells. (no decors as I think that the tombs do this just fine.). Some adjustments. And maybe one/few new mini. And bonus: a new emphasis on soulblight...

I agree.

I am not sure about a new emphasis on Souldblight.  I can see that, but I can also equally see them expanding Deathrattle.  Either way, I think they would pick one of those two allegiances and expand them out - similar to how Gloomspite massively expanded Moonclan and then mainly left Spiderfang alone but gave them some real quality-of-life improvements.

Legions of Nagash will get a rewrite at some point, probably before too long, if for no other reason than to convert Gravesites into a terrain kit they can sell and to drop some endless spells into the army.  However, as I said previously that book was a very good product when it released but eventually it is going to become a bit of an anchor if they don't figure out a better way to split up what it encompasses.  At the time it was effectively a replacement for Grand Alliance Death and it has a very strange format even compared to other "soup" battletomes.  If nothing else the book could use some clean up and modernizing for AoS 2.0, but I have the feeling they will probably also want to restructure the army to some degree.

2 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

I expect Death to get a brand new/expanded subfaction in th vein of Gloomspite Gitz, rather than an update to the main tome.

Well Gloomspite were all existing allegiances that had no book outside of General Destruction.  Every allegiance that does not have a dedicated book for Death is in Legions of Nagash currently.  So either they will get something entirely new, or else Legions of Nagash will end up being split up to some degree.

At this point only GW knows what their future plans are.  The rest of us are just having fun prognosticating.

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The Idoneth changes are a good start but even with 320 pts the Leviadon is too expensive.

allopexes are still useless? Well done 👏🏼

DoK: well...only increases 👎🏻 Hammer nerf.

SCE: good changes.

Some nice changes included. I like Prosecutors as Battleline for SCE, althrough I really won´t field them as I hate the models. At least they have a purpose now. Also cheaper Liberators are nice. The Paladin-Drops look too good to be real. 160 for Retributors? I´m in!

Btw, I really wonder about the Leviadon Drop. In my local Meta we really do not know how to handle them, especially as the Idoneth Players always uses two of them 😮

Edit:
The whole SCE Part is copypasta from the tga stormcast-thread. Therefore we can assume that this leak was not reliable at all

Edited by Charleston

Don't waste your time and energy about those points (suposedly) leaks. Brainstorming is useless without hard data. Those are only in the upcoming GH in just very few weeks.

BTW, the game is already almost well balanced and the armies that don't show/win anything have no "points problems" but rather structural issues due to the fact that their battletome is outdated (no spell, no synergies à la AoS 2.0, no decor, no battletome, no nothing (I hear you StD -that I also have, unfortunatly) lol).

So, big points adjustments like those are unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

For the new death battletome, one thing is really probable: LoN 2.0.

With LoN endless spells. (no decors as I think that the tombs do this just fine.). Some adjustments. And maybe one/few new mini. And bonus: a new emphasis on soulblight...

We know at least 1 "brand new army" is coming this year (LVO preview article), which is possibly either aelves or a new death faction. I think either are just as likely.

We also know that battletomes after Maggotking of Nurgle (incl LoN, DoK, Iodneth) were all designed with 2.0 in mind. This means they are very unlikely to be replaced before all prior battletomes are replaced. 

so from my perspective, LoN 2.0 is actually quite improbable. 

3 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

We know at least 1 "brand new army" is coming this year (LVO preview article), which is possibly either aelves or a new death faction. I think either are just as likely.

We also know that battletomes after Maggotking of Nurgle (incl LoN, DoK, Iodneth) were all designed with 2.0 in mind. This means they are very unlikely to be replaced before all prior battletomes are replaced. 

Agreed, there's so many factions that need a battletome or who are running around with very out of date ones that it doesn't make sense right now to update a tome that is pretty much modern in design. New models/spells can be added with warscroll cards and rules in the box, they don't need to do a new book for them and to make minor balance adjustments (that's what the generals handbook is for).

GW is getting close too! Death is currently complete (all factions have a tome); Chaos is only one or two away; Destruction is lagging, but might be done with 2 combined tomes or three tomes (its looking very strong that ogors will combine gutbusters and beastclaw raiders). Meanwhile Order has the bulk of factions missing tomes too, but at least has quite a few already and can be tidied up. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, suedester said:

Even if those points are fake I don't know what the author was thinking RE the Maggotkin changes. Not that it matters, the book needs a substantial rewrite either way.

I think a rewrite would be nice but not necessary really. Raising GUOs to 380 and Rotigus to 400 though is pure insanity that will just ensure they never see the tabletop in anything remotely competitive. And not cutting points for pusgoyle blightlords and the new plaguebearer heralds is a missed opportunity.  And basically every battalion that isn't Thricefold. 

Those point suggestions look like they came from a player who knows next to nothing about Maggotkin and got touched inappropriately by a Thricefold list once.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Well that reason probably won’t stop stormcast from getting a new battletome sooner then anyone else does

• Haha 2