Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, the_master288 said:

Why would they remove glazes?  Washing is a large part to popping out details, so I'm surprised by this move and to be honest, quite disappointed.  Also, that definitely sucks regarding the removal of those spraypaint colors.

Look at their Citadel Colour site - instead of old glazes they use now contrast paint mixed with contrast medium.

Lack of those spray cans saddens me too. There goes easy way to basecoat my "Thorny devil lizard" Magmadroth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, michu said:

Look at their Citadel Colour site - instead of old glazes they use now contrast paint mixed with contrast medium.

Lack of those spray cans saddens me too. There goes easy way to basecoat my "Thorny devil lizard" Magmadroth.

Until I see the pricing scheme of the new contrast paints, I'm unimpressed with this move.  Basically, going from buying one pot of glaze to buying a pot of Contrast and a pot of medium.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at it this way - formerly you had only 3 colours. Now you have 34.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems super silly to be removing glazes, some of the better offerings from the new contrast paints have used glazes to bring colour intensity up and to help smooth out the way the paint dries. Oh well. I'm a fan of their glazes but just another reason to keep on moving over to other brands. Will probably move away from the medium as well, I make my own anyway and only really use their medium now for making glazes from their own washes or with their metallics, as it's very slightly better than my own home made stuff. At like €7 a pot it's not longer going to be worth the slight improvement in quality.

Oh well. I've enjoyed this range of paints but knew they would trash the range eventually, as they have done with every other range of paints they have done over the years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, michu said:

Look at it this way - formerly you had only 3 colours. Now you have 34.

I see what you're saying, but more doesn't equal better.

 

1 minute ago, RexHavoc said:

Seems super silly to be removing glazes, some of the better offerings from the new contrast paints have used glazes to bring colour intensity up and to help smooth out the way the paint dries. Oh well. I'm a fan of their glazes but just another reason to keep on moving over to other brands. Will probably move away from the medium as well, I make my own anyway and only really use their medium now for making glazes from their own washes or with their metallics, as it's very slightly better than my own home made stuff. At like €7 a pot it's not longer going to be worth the slight improvement in quality.

Oh well. I've enjoyed this range of paints but knew they would trash the range eventually, as they have done with every other range of paints they have done over the years.

Agreed completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, michu said:

No @Gaz Taylor, Lahmian Medium is going to be repackaged into 24 ml bottles. Same goes for 'Ardcoat.

phew! That's good to know

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't know that they are all going, its second hand knowledge that doesn't have the full information. My guess and its only a guess is that they will be repacked into larger pots. 

I would also guess that cermite white is being replaced

Edit* cerimite white is replaced with corax white, everything apart from the glazes is going to larger pots and the glazes are going so if you want them, I would stock up

Edited by Ogregut
More info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if their 'exact' replacements but Army Painter do multiple colour sprays

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I'll be driving around Chicagoland tomorrow and snagging all the Lamenters Yellow and Bloodletter I can. We use those two a ton. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's  post in the CB thread that specifies what is going/staying in more detail here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356205-multiple-gw-paint-products-are-being-dropped-repackaged/?p=5321264

 

Summary of what is going:


Caliban Spray, Stormvermin Fur, The Fang & Averland Sunset - all those sprays are gone
All four glaze paints are gone
Any texture paints in 12ml bottles are gone (24mm ones remain)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very possible that many of these items are just being repackaged. Citadel Colour seems to be a huge new branding, I wouldn't be surprised if they redid the packaging for all their paints.

Edited by PJetski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have the point costs of the new endless spells in Forbidden Power? I haven't decided to pick it up yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zubrin said:

Does anyone have the point costs of the new endless spells in Forbidden Power? I haven't decided to pick it up yet.

Theyre up on scrollbuilder.com

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

Theyre up on scrollbuilder.com

 

Great, I should have checked this first. 

Now for the follow up: Penumbral Engine, as a terrain piece, costs 100pts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zubrin said:

Great, I should have checked this first. 

Now for the follow up: Penumbral Engine, as a terrain piece, costs 100pts?

Yes, if you want to include it in your list you must pay 100pt

All faction scenery (so far) costs 0pt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope those rumor engines (and some others) are new Darkoath Barbarians and Varanguards on foot.

If those Rumor Engines end up being for Warcry gangs, I'll revise my hopes for a Maraudeurs and Chaos Warriors / Chosen updates, until then I still hope for a proper StD release in the aftermath of Malign Portents... 😛 

StD_Maraudeurs_Warriors.png.92ebd0a27d80e8f9ed8e88f795f84dad.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want a replacement for the Glazes(if they do stop selling them), you can buy the Vallejo Game Inks, and dilute them about 1:1 with water or matt medium. The Glazes are not anything special, just pre-diluted inks, the pigments are pretty much the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Minis by Night said:

If you want a replacement for the Glazes(if they do stop selling them), you can buy the Vallejo Game Inks, and dilute them about 1:1 with water or matt medium. The Glazes are not anything special, just pre-diluted inks, the pigments are pretty much the same.

Not why I like them though. I like them as they are easy to pick up from GW directly, where as the game inks are a pain in the butt to get where I am (at least not with out spending €25 on postage) and I don't need to mix them, they work direct from the pot. I don't use a lot of them, so they last a while but my water can be pretty damn awful at times,  and hard water can split washes and inks. I tend to use bottle water as much as I can to deal with this, but sometimes I've not got any to hand but still have to paint.

Not only that but it seems silly to be removing them as I mentioned before, a lot of the contrast previews that I've seen and that have looked pretty decent, have used the glazes to make the contrast paints look really damn good. No glazes means another reason to not bother trying contrast paints.

3 hours ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I don't think all those glazes and texture paints are going away. They're probably just being repackaged.

According to the list, the glazes are going and some of (I presume less popular) textures are going for good. Wouldn't surprise me at all, as GW stores are having problems stocking all the new paints before you even add in contrast in their 'offical' sales racks. They are probably going to make room for all the newer colours (like the deepkin paints)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a Contrast Paint that basically colour-matches Guilliman Blue?

Edited by Kyriakin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I quite like the 4 glaze colours, as @Minis by Night says, they're basically a thinned ink so something you can replicate with a bit of experimentation.  Speaking to people at Warhammer Fest, the new Contrast Paints when thinned work as a much better glaze - with a lot more accuracy and colours available.  That said, if you're using them within an army, it's a bit of a pain in the bum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New paint "Barak-Nar Burgundy". Happy about this. In the online tutorials they use screamer pink with 2 layers of shade and still it doesn't look at all like the GW display models. I read somewhere what the used paints were that the 'eavy metal team used but that involved mixing. Happy that they will release a premade color for my new army. Convenient and good for army colour consistency.

  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VascoPinto said:

New paint "Barak-Nar Burgundy". Happy about this. In the online tutorials they use screamer pink with 2 layers of shade and still it doesn't look at all like the GW display models. I read somewhere what the used paints were that the 'eavy metal team used but that involved mixing. Happy that they will release a premade color for my new army. Convenient and good for army colour consistency.

I'd say that 99% of the Eavy Metal paint jobs involve mixing colours in truth.  The little guides that you see or recipes only ever contain the very basic information - the equivalent of telling somebody that a cake requires flour, butter, eggs, milk and sugar.  There's loads of back and forth between mixes and using glazes to subtly change the colours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I would never expect to achieve 'eavy metal-like results following duncan's tutorials and 3 pots of paint, but I will be happy to come close with the base color in this case at the least. I did some testing and the thing that came closest was mixing vallejo heavy violet and scarlett red... 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...