The Rumour Thread

That's what I'm seeing too, Tom. Right now I'm finding what they are all named :)

In order of pictures on the Community Site

Grundstokk Gunhauler

Arkanaut Frigate

Arkanaut Ironclad (My favorite)

Brokk Grungson

Skyriggers

Arkanaut Company

Grundstokk Thunderers

Arkanaut Admiral

Aetheric Navigator

Aether Khemyst

Endrinmaster (my other favorite)

Edited by Dez
  • Like 7

I'm really trying to spin up the hype machine but apparently the squats stole it from me and installed it in one of their airships :-/  

The chains swords and guns, and the jet packs, and environmentally sealed suits, and flying (likely drop) ships...kinda struggling with this.  For anyone that watches the show, I was begging for an airship this time last year...for my dwarves; not for short stormcasts that stepped out of a Squat codex.  

I wanted airships.  This is something different.  

( I don't want to be negative :( )

I do like the detail on the airships though.  Quite stunning models.

Edited by Thomas Lyons
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

Im pretty blown away. Love it. It's a tiny bit far future for what I thought AOS was.  But now thinking about warcraft it seems to have a pretty similar vibe. 

Think dwemer from the elder scrolls and they fit right in. I have been saying AOS reminds me a lot of elder scrolls than anything else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karlbonner said:

Any speculation as to what the new specialty game is? They teased that it would have new miniatures!!! Also, thoughts on the new starter set? Personally I think the coloured plastic is an excellent idea. I love the box doubling as a building.

I think it the new mordheim that's going to include new death *coughihopeithasaplasticvampirecough* just like the new 40k game is based off necromunda. 

In my group of play the dwarf palyers don't like it.

I dont know wht GW waste his time on dwarfs, they have 2x extra factions 

Fireslayers-> dwars call it blasfemy, this isn't dwarfs, bla bla bla.

Kharadron Overlords-> The dwarfs call for a more steampunk and tecnologically advanced dwarfGw throw it,  and now they are more 40k than AoS, they are skuats, bla bla bla. I think GW need abandon the dwarfs, cause his players don't want any new, they can play with compendium units very well. There are a lot of factions that deserve more news than they

Death have 0 new factions after AOS release (flesh eathers dosn't count).

I think GW need throw a Death release or his players can dissappear.

Chaos are the second biggest grand alliance and only have 1 book, they need khorne book (don't need any new stuff, only the book). The Death need 1-2 new releases with new factions. Elves deserves a new faction more than dwarfs.

This releases are ***** awesome, but dwarf players don't know what they want they pray for this and now they don't like? (I don't know in general, but in my group of play the dwarfs are super-flamers adn "special" people). GW, please,  the dwarfs players usually complain a lot, but if possible just ignore him. A lot of ppl dont say nothing (cause we don't like complain like him, we speak with our buys), and we are waiting more expectant our releases than the flamer dwarf comunity (yes, i think the dwarf players (not all of them obiusly) are a flamer ppl, and you need know it GW to ignore him a bit more, they are specials). I can't belive the comments of dwarfs, they really don't deserve a new faction like this.

Edited by Iradekhorne

They look basically as I expected, just more... Squatty. They're cool, more or less, flashy and unique but some of this is a little (sorry) dumb looking. Brokk Grungson looks like a parody model someone produced to show how Games Workshop have GONE TOO FAR.

Highlights for me are the Grungstok Thunderers (power armor guys with big guns) and the ships, and the characters look alright. Is it starting to become apparent to everyone else though that GW appears to be in serious love with the profit margin on character models, producing an excessive amount of them compared to sometimes paltry unit offerings?

Anyway, lows are the Arkanaut Company (a different paintjob could maybe sway me) and the balloon guys. I just don't get them, it looks silly. Also sad that this seems to not be Battletome: Dwarves.

Finally, brace yourselves for the EA cease and desist for GW clearly basing these guys on plagiarised art for the Volus race from Mass Effect.

Volus.jpg

2 minutes ago, Iradekhorne said:

In my group of play the dwarf palyers don't like it.

I dont know wht GW waste his time on dwarfs, they have 2x extra factions 

Fireslayers-> dwars call it blasfemy, this isn't dwarfs, bla bla bla.

Kharadron Overlords-> The dwarfs call for a more steampunk and tecnologically advanced dwarfGw throw it,  and now they are more 40k than AoS, they are skuats, bla bla bla. I think GW need abandon the dwarfs, cause his players don't want any new, they can play with compendium units very well. There are a lot of factions that deserve more news than they

Death have 0 new factions after AOS release (flesh eathers dosn't count).

I think GW need throw a Death release or his players can dissappear.

Chaos are the second biggest grand alliance and only have 1 book, they need khorne book (don't need any new stuff, only the book). The Death need 1-2 new releases with new factions. Elves deserves a new faction more than dwarfs.

This releases are ***** awesome, but dwarf players don't know what they want they pray for this and now they don't like? (I don't know in general, but in my group of play the dwarfs are super-flamers adn "special" people)

I'm an 8th edition dwarf gamer and this excites me far more then the last 8th edition release ever did. 

I'm glad that so far the old models (8th edition sculpts) didn't make it into the new dwarf release as these models are far more dynamic then the automaton dwarf posture of 8th. 

The fyreslayers failed me personally on a rules level as they are not slayers at all. They are quite slow and tanky and suffer from bravery issues. Quite the opposite of a dwarf trollslayer

• Like 2

Don't let the "echo chambers" of your "dwarf players friends" alienate your perception of this release.  People will like it, people will dislike it.

But its prety roleplayer the fact that the dwarf players are grumpy old mans that dislike change :P 

PD: I love the Volus comparasion. We all need more Volus in our lives.

Edited by Galas

Well, anyway probably my experiencie was with my country dwarfs players (Spain). They are a lot flamers, like longbeards xd.

I have four of them in my grup and i'm waiting for his quit. They are really annyoning and all days we have discussions with him cause they never say any good from AoS xd.

Paradogicalli they dont have read any Aos book, but they say (the lore of Aos is a ******). And one of them never played, but say "Aos is unbalanced". Is really annyoning. Thats my experiencie, and thats why I say don't deserve it.

Those sky pirate Duardin. Freakin awsome. GW realt hit this one out of the park. Im byuing all and one extra airship to put my Long Drongs slayer pirates in. And theyll have halfling ships cooks and a little gryph hound ships dog and.....oh the plans....this is so AWSOME!!!

• Like 3

Nah, i prefer it that way. This will prevent them from reducing ideas. I mean sooner or later all those duardin would blend into one. This way they will have to be creative to keep each duardin faction interesting and unique. All the Chaos factions on the other hand feel more complete when it's mortals and demons combined. Why wouldn't they if they serve the same god. 

• Like 1