The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

Yea seems weird for things like Vampire Lords or the entire nighthaunt army to not get the -1 to hit. A boat flying around kinda makes sense but a vampire on foot that fan fly surely wouldn't just be floating up high all the time lol.

But it is a balancing factor, in a way. You lose the -1 to Hit, but you get the movement advantage, where you don't have to walk around things. Plus, there may still be other interactions we do not yet know about.

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

The Fly exception assumes that the flying unit is constantly floating up in the air, which always felt a little strange to me cos there aren't that many flying units which couldn't just land and take cover behind a wall.  But I guess it covers for things like KO ships where they're just supposed to be airborne at all times.

I do wonder if there'll be a general reduction in handing out Fly to anything that can jump pretty high, its a very powerful keyword to be tossing around so freely.

It's always funny to me that a lot of GSG squigs can "fly". I understand why but the mental image takes me out

They could probably just change squigs to count as flying when they make a charge move, or something, that feels closer to what they're supposed to be doing to my mind.  Like, sure, they're bouncy little guys, but are the bouncing over buildings and trees and stuff all the time?

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

It's always funny to me that a lot of GSG squigs can "fly". I understand why but the mental image takes me out

Mario has taught us all that magic mushrooms can do some crazy things to you . . .

• Haha 2

Some silent purge is still happening on line :

Sold out line/no longer available: 

Tzeentch : The blue scribes , Fluxmaster herald of Tzeentch

Nurgle: Epidemius

STD : Chaos sorcerer, marauders, marauder horsemen (they will be back as WoC in ToW )

Last chance to buy :

Slaanesh: Tranceweaver , Herald of Slaanesh 

10 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Some silent purge is still happening on line :

Sold out line/no longer available: 

Tzeentch : The blue scribes , Fluxmaster herald of Tzeentch

Nurgle: Epidemius

STD : Chaos sorcerer, marauders, marauder horsemen (they will be back as WoC in ToW )

Last chance to buy :

Slaanesh: Tranceweaver , Herald of Slaanesh 

The demons happened shortly after the cut announcement: 

Marauders is the new kid on the block, but I think it is not that weird. Their replacement is already out (Darkoaths) so it was expectable for this to happen at some point.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The demons happened shortly after the cut announcement: 

Marauders is the new kid on the block, but I think it is not that weird. Their replacement is already out (Darkoaths) so it was expectable for this to happen at some point.

Let's see if 40K daemons release will help or we Aos need to do all by ourself ! ;)

There was this RE clearly for Nurgle in Xmas time

2023-12-06.png

22 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

The Marauders and Horsemen are expected... but the Sorcerer is a bit of an oddity. 

They mentioned marauders and horsemen at darkoath reveal but not Sorcerer : he is a good candidate for next STD hero.

FSerABW.jpg 

14 hours ago, PJetski said:

1715284645952095.png

i honestly think that this is funny but a bit dis-earnest, it's more like this

whatsactuallyhappening.png.90ca9bac808fed3512e39223b97020db.png

it's important to remember that these things are representational.  wyldwoods aren't just three trees, but a representation of a thick patch of woods.  flying creatures aren't just 3 inches off the ground, but are soaring high in the sky.  ultimately these things have to be abstracted to make a fun game, so things behind the forest are too hard to shoot and things that have to go above it are out in the open and easy to shoot.

if we want the game to get that realistic then the GUO is too small, the dragon is flying hundreds of feet too low, the forest is too thin short and small, the map and army size is criminally puny, and everyone has freaky anime eyes + gorilla hands.  the wyldwood should've died from nurgle's rot and the grot should've overdosed by now.

in terms of the squig hoppers, they're well known to jump dozens of feet high.  if you don't think your army is skilled enough to headshot them as they peak above the leaves then maybe you should just be a better general ;) 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, bethebee said:

in terms of the squig hoppers, they're well known to jump dozens of feet high.  if you don't think your army is skilled enough to headshot them as they peak above the leaves then maybe you should just be a better general ;) 

If my grots can snipe some small creature peaking slightly above the leaves at the other end of the forest then thats clearly not a grot but some other magically camouflaged entity infiltrating my army. So I'm clearly the best general if I feed them to the squigs before they could do any damage.

Edited by Matrindur
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

You've got it backwards, I think, you can always target flying units through obscuring terrain.

Flamers awkwardly „hop“ around, they‘re only flying if they perform an action. Totally unfair, it‘s wonderful! Time to buy more flamers and torment my friends! 🤩

I‘m sure GW will change the wording to ruin my nefarious tactic but until then I‘m in party mode! 

16 hours ago, novakai said:

Yes because I think that format replace the dual VS boxes and AoS probably will go the same path.

Example: if your getting a single foot hero you get a battletome release, a FOMO battleforce with your new foot hero, and a new spearhead.

if you have a decent model release you get a Fomo army box set with a early access battletome, and then a month later you get to buy the stuff individually.

Exactly this, I think the last round of 4 vs boxes we got in 3E were the last of their kind, everything is a single army boxset release now.

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Callis and Toll are here to provide an exposition dump on the Realms for newcomers.

More of this, please! Having short YouTube videos with little expositional dumps from AoS characters is a neat idea. I like it.

(I'm currently reading the new Callis and Toll by David Annandale and enjoying it so far.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

The Marauders and Horsemen are expected... but the Sorcerer is a bit of an oddity. 

New Sorcerer model coming, maybe? I never liked the old Sorcerer model, just used UW warband Sorcs instead.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I just want to be able to run an army of evil trains, is that so much to ask GW?! I mean you already brought back LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!! and it looks like CA already went and designed a pretty balanced army list and aesthetic to be used. 

I'm extremely curious as to if GW plans on keeping "land train" as a Chorf staple! It's a relatively new addition to their identity (if 13 years old could still be "relatively recent" ) and covers the cannon/mortar/missile warmachine spread they've had in every major appearance as an "army" it even got a new version of the Whirlwind in the Skullcrusher engine

If Dispossesed get nothing, Free Cities are moving from tanks to walkers, Kharadron handle the air, and Fyerslayers focus only on beast handling, an "army on wheels" would actually be entirely unique to the setting. Could also be a good way to immediately build animosity with the Cities if they continue the Cult of the Wheel narrative in any meaningful way. 

It'd be interesting to see how Train 2.0 would shake out; it didn't exceed expectations enough sales-wise to replace broken moulds the first time around, so I wonder how they might tweak it conceptually or visually for a plastic release. If they want to make it so you can run the new Chorfs in TWW (which would be crazy considering Beasts of Chaos) the army is pretty much locked into being a plastic iteration of the Tamurkhan list

• Like 1