The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Damn, why legends rules :|

It's probably because he's a limited edition model for the WD anniversary, but won't get a general release.

Hopefully in the future we might see a different, regular production version. I realise that's very optimistic at this point but what the heck I'll always hope for more Dawi.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

Warcry rules will be fun. I expect same treatment than Gotrek : completely OP and meant for special scenarios rather than tournament stuff.

The miniature looks great, but also its design is a bit "old school". It seems to have less hollow elements you'd find on "new style" miniatures, like hollow robes and such. I personnally love that, at last a miniature I'll enjoy to paint without worrying having a spot unreachable for my brush.

Yeah, a very WHFB style sculpt, with no mention of TOW due to the company structure. To be expected, obviously. Still feels weird though.

7 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

What a mini! Best version of him to date.

But can someone point out the KO and FS stuff on him? It's mentioned in the article. I gonna buy this one, but he will be a king in TOW 😄

The bindings on the beard are from Fyreslayers, but admittedly I'm unsure of where the Kharadron doodads are. I guess the compass is supposed to be? They definitely played it a lot more subtle than I expected they would. Outside of Legends he'd make a good Warden King proxy for Dispossessed in that respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Yeah, a very WHFB style sculpt, with no mention of TOW due to the company structure. To be expected, obviously. Still feels weird though.

Their company structure is rubbish, they mention a bunch of games, but the game he will be most used for isn't mentioned. Absurd. He looks more like the dwarfs previewed during AdeptiCon, than KO and FS.

What a strange company. 🙂

4 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Exactly. Damn well said. Slaanesh as lurking, malevolent, ever-watching, all-powerful threat, biding His time... it's awesome stuff. And a bit Lovecraftian, come to think of it. 

So you just want it to become more like Tzeentch? 🤭 Can't say I disagree with that! 

12 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Their company structure is rubbish, they mention a bunch of games, but the game he will be most used for isn't mentioned. Absurd. He looks more like the dwarfs previewed during AdeptiCon, than KO and FS.

Disagree.

The only issue with this Grombrindal is that he should be permanent and have rules for Kharadrons and Fyreslayers.

Btw, a new admiral is a welcome adition but still, a missed opportunity.

• Thanks 1

Why are people surprised that the (GORGEOUS) Grombrindal Model coming for the White Dwarf anniversary 500th issue is an anniversary model treated like any other Grombrindal Models over the years and any other anniversary models ?

The fact he is getting rules (Legend or not - what's the matter ?) for AOS, Warcry, WHU and Cursed City makes me really happy. 

BTW, I hugely recommand the Wanderer Chronicles and the Grombrindal Series for AOS, IMO this how you should port WFB characters into AOS (and this should be done with uttermost care and limitatively). 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

Saddest day in my AoS life for sure. This means that we will not get Grombrindal for AoS and also we will not see united duardins in any shape or form... 

A lot of the disappointment on here seems to come from unrealistic expectations. As far as I'm aware Grombindal has never had rules as part of the core game for AoS or Warhammer fantasy. It's always been semi unofficial white dwarf magazine rules. 

He's also not really been involved in the main narrative of either game. It was Grungi that was the mysterious old character in the broken realms book and not Grombindal. Him getting a dedicated novel as the most he's ever had unless I'm forgetting something from fantasy. 

There's still potential for an official unified Duardin faction but it will be because of Grungi and not Grombindal 

It's also a bit frustrating to see the community as a whole just ignoring sections of the rules. If a designer sat  down to write a warscroll and battle plans it worth at least taking a look rather than dismissing it out of hand. 

Wouldn't it be great if one of things to come out of some of these changes is the community actually embracing legends. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Why are people surprised that the (GORGEOUS) Grombrindal Model coming for the White Dwarf anniversary 500th issue is an anniversary model treated like any other Grombrindal Models over the years and any other anniversary models ?

The fact he is getting rules (Legend or not - what's the matter ?) for AOS, Warcry, WHU and Cursed City makes me really happy. 

BTW, I hugely recommand the Wanderer Chronicles and the Grombrindal Series for AOS, IMO this how you should port WFB characters into AOS (and this should be done with uttermost care and limitatively). 

I think it's precisely because of the Grombrindal series that people (including me) were expecting him to be a permanent, non-Legends addition to the range. It felt like they were setting him up to serve as Grungni's 'avatar' on the tabletop, as well as lore. 

Especially after Gotrek.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

Grombrindal is gorgeous! I'll have to kitbash him with the Blood Bowl one that looks substantially more nuts

Also- I've been assuming that a Grombrindal model could herald a "united Duardin" tome if they went that way; him being Legends out the gate makes that much less likely to me!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

Disagree.

The only issue with this Grombrindal is that he should be permanent and have rules for Kharadrons and Fyreslayers.

Btw, a new admiral is a welcome adition but still, a missed opportunity.

It's without a doubt an amazing mini with fablous paint job, but he will not be Grombrindal long when based on a square base or if I pull the convertion off he will be carried around as a generic king with shieldbearers in TOW. Perfect apetite for the upcoming dwards release. 😄

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

He's also not really been involved in the main narrative of either game. It was Grungni that was the mysterious old character in the broken realms book and not Grombindal. Him getting a dedicated novel as the most he's ever had unless I'm forgetting something from fantasy.

That absolutely was Grombrindal 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I can answer that.

GW already build some hype with his book/white dwarf shirt stories, Broken Realms and even as easter egg for some books in early 2d edition.

He is part of the Duardin race, but don't get me wrong, a commemorative model is awesome, but a playable unit is a must.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

"Most used for it" is too strong to be said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think it's precisely because of the Grombrindal series that people (including me) were expecting him to be a permanent, non-Legends addition to the range.

Especially after Gotrek.

Exactly. I'd expect him in a regiment of renown (with KO, FS and Dispossessed) now that he has 2 sets of short stories in the Mortal Realms focused on him, one set even made into a novel with another story.

Legends rules are bittersweet. I'd love to use this model in games, but at least this means he won't be forced as the face of a Duardin Soup tome and Duardin soup is much less likely now :D .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

It's without a doubt an amazing mini with fablous paint job, but he will not be Grombrindal long when based on a square base or if I pull the convertion off he will be carried around as a generic king with shieldbearers in TOW. Perfect apetite for the upcoming dwards release. 😄

"Upcoming" dwarf release... still waiting...

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

A lot of the disappointment on here seems to come from unrealistic expectations. As far as I'm aware Grombindal has never had rules as part of the core game for AoS or Warhammer fantasy. It's always been semi unofficial white dwarf magazine rules. 

He's also not really been involved in the main narrative of either game. It was Grungi that was the mysterious old character in the broken realms book and not Grombindal. Him getting a dedicated novel as the most he's ever had unless I'm forgetting something from fantasy. 

There's still potential for an official unified Duardin faction but it will be because of Grungi and not Grombindal 

It's also a bit frustrating to see the community as a whole just ignoring sections of the rules. If a designer sat  down to write a warscroll and battle plans it worth at least taking a look rather than dismissing it out of hand. 

Wouldn't it be great if one of things to come out of some of these changes is the community actually embracing legends. 

In the Grombrindal book for aos he is an avatar created by Grungi to work with fyreslayers, dispossesed and kharadron overlords. 

It's clearly stated Grungi has caused to much pain to the dwarfs and so Grombrindal is his avatar in the mortal realms much like gotrek. 

Grombrindal is even in a couple aos gotrek stories the second realm one and a short story although in the former his identity is not revealed its only in the later short story the old dwarf who dissapeared in the tower is confirmed to be grombrindal when he keeps up with gotreks fighting prowess.

• Like 6