The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Bosskelot said:

Going from the store implies it disappears completely, not just being repackaged for TOW 

Or they can disappear and later on being repackaged with the TOW boxes. I think it would be the case for the current Empire kits that we have on CoS.

For the first time ever, I'm out of reactions. 

@Whitefang back me up has been right about pretty much everything. Beasts are gone, scenery is in the launch box, everything is an ability etc etc. The tg rumour came out several weeks after Whitefang back me up's posts on here where they said there were par reforging Stormcast and that the setting would be the realm of fire. Where the rumour differed is where it's wrong. No new bonesplittas no Beasts move to slaves to Darkness. That means the stuff about Fyreslayers, cities and Ogors is just guesswork. It also means that if @Whitefang back me up says we're getting a cogfort, we're getting a cogfort. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Why don't they mention the Cogfort?

The

THE COGFORT?

THE COGFORT????

Please let this be the next correct thing to add to your track record.

Also I'm just going to cherry-pick what I want from that and say that Dispossessed will stay 🥲

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

For the first time ever, I'm out of reactions. 

@Whitefang back me up has been right about pretty much everything. Beasts are gone, scenery is in the launch box, everything is an ability etc etc. The tg rumour came out several weeks after Whitefang back me up's posts on here where they said there were par reforging Stormcast and that the setting would be the realm of fire. Where the rumour differed is where it's wrong. No new bonesplittas no Beasts move to slaves to Darkness. That means the stuff about Fyreslayers, cities and Ogors is just guesswork. It also means that if @Whitefang back me up says we're getting a cogfort, we're getting a cogfort. 

My first Cogfort would be called The Youg Fang.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

There are tons of rumors about a refresh of daemons, from bearers to daemonettes, slaanesh chariots, letters and such.

Are there? Intriguing. 

Personally I don't think there's anything on the Slaanesh side that needs refreshing too urgently... aside from the Viceleader. 

49 minutes ago, Snarff said:

That they need to buy all over again. Which is not that relevant if you loved your Sarcosanct collection. I have a friend who quit AoS over this.

For how long, though? There's a lot of histrionics at the moment - including emotional misreadings of what they said yesterday. The prohibition on those old storm cast will be summer 2025 - and it should only apply to tournaments and events. The units will all have rules, all have playability.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Sooner than you think

I am SO hoping you're right. But the past edition has been extremely good to Fyreslayers, so I'm very hopeful.

FS got featured in a battlebox, got a new (non-souped!) battletome and a hero along with it, a store anniversary model and two releases during Dawnbringers! The first being a Harbinger hero, and 2/4 factions who got such a harbinger hero already got some additional nice releases for their faction. The second being a Warcry warband with a refined look that builds on the classic FS style, female Duardin and a mini magmadroth. The anniversary model continues this look.

That's not even to mention the fact that Bael-Grimnir has featured in the story and is now left in a unknown state with possibly metal limbs, and that Blight City is going to erupt right alongside the Adamantite Chain which is filled with Fyreslayer lodges.

But then again, after what happened to BoC, Sarcosanct and BS I can't be sure of anything. BoC had similar amounts of support as FS before 3rd edition and a lot going for them narratively before being cut and Sarcosanct shows that not even recent ranges are safe.

• Like 2

Just saw this, thought it would maybe soothe some stormcast players to know that not all hope is lost !

for example if the sequitors are redone they would be able to play with their old minis even in matched play (using the warscroll of the redone miniature of course) 

Screenshot_20240405-152301.png

Edited by Jeremierty
Add text

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Ejecutor

@GloomkingWortwazi

I was more hoping for a fully fleshed out bloodborn (the little werewolf vamp troops from Vyrkos) kit than anything. 

I think those guys are super cool. 

Vargskyr standalone unit kit would just be icing on the cake. 

I just finished assembling some I picked up recently. I concur, they're cool and I'd love a proper unit of them, an elite 5 man or 10 man group of some kind.

• Like 1

Alright, we have Cities stuff so I have to make a wishlist

Italic stuff is more unlikely

Spoiler

Cities Wave 2: Lightning Boogaloo Wishlist

General

• Big Boy Cogfort
  • Small Cogfort/Border-Walker/Whatever
  • Freeguild Marshal on Griffon/Manticore/Big Horse
  • Generic Mage Kit / 1-2 Realm themed mages ala Alchemite
  • Bombardier-Major (artillery officer)
  • Freeguild Knights (elite infantry, Arch-Knight squad leader)
  • Faction Terrain / Field Fort / Tower (because if S2D can suddenly have it, why can’t we?)

Devoted

• Generic Priest
  • Flagellants
  • Generic Centerpiece (Triumph of Saint Katherine style?)
  • Something Gargoylian themed

Bonus Darkoath/Kroot Style Subfaction Expansions (I want to believe)

Dispossessed

• Duardin Groundbreakers (exo-suit style armoured dwarfs with multi-use construction weapons)
  • Duardin Cannoneers (Irondrakes but with handcannons and lighter armour)
  • Duardin Mortar-Train (Steam wagon with a cannon strapped to it)
  • Duardin Expedition-Chief (construction foreman)
  • Duardin Rune-Forger (Runelord)

Aelves

• Wizard
  • Pirates
  • Pirate Hero
  • Cavalry
  • I like dwarfs more

Enjoy. I hope.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

For how long, though? There's a lot of histrionics at the moment - including emotional misreadings of what they said yesterday. The prohibition on those old storm cast will be summer 2025 - and it should only apply to tournaments and events. The units will all have rules, all have playability.

They will technically be playable after next year. Just like Bretonnia and Tomb Kings technically were playable using legends rules, but they were never rebalanced and playable only in the most casual of games after a while.

And above all, not even that will help if you're a tournament player, there you won't be allowed to use them at all anymore in a year.

But even if you ignore all that and buy the new Thunderstrike SCE (because the minis are amazing for sure), with the precedent that they set with Sarcosanct you can't be sure that the stuff from 3rd is not going to get cut too come next edition.

1 minute ago, Jeremierty said:

Screenshot_20240405-152301.png

What a terrible response from the CM. "Models leaving will be receiving updated miniatures" like "we deleted all the stuff you had, but we're doing some new stuff, so come open your wallet for our new minis paypig". 

But then again the CM probably has orders from on high and has to follow guidelines for responses.

6 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Generic Mage Kit / 1-2 Realm themed mages ala Alchemite

I'm really hoping this happens, and the battle mage kit gets replaced with some more really cool realm mages. An Aqshy mage would be great, but I'd also love to see a Ghur mage. I'm also hoping that not all the mages are human and that we're getting some proper options to mix Duardin and Aelves into the Freeguild too.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

What a terrible response from the CM. "Models leaving will be receiving updated miniatures" like "we deleted all the stuff you had, but we're doing some new stuff, so come open your wallet for our new minis paypig". 

But then again the CM probably has orders from on high and has to follow guidelines for responses.

It's not really deleted if it comes back with an updated miniature ( and if you can still proxy your old mini for the new shiny one) but of course it would have been wiser from GW to explain which miniatures will be redone and which are truly going away 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

It's not really deleted if it comes back with an updated miniature ( and if you can still proxy your old mini for the new shiny one) but of course it would have been wiser from GW to explain which miniatures will be redone and which are truly going away 

From the Stormcast point of view, all would have been completely different if this was stated in the article (you will be able to use X, Y, Z for new stuff that is coming). The reassurance in a facebook answer by a community account is surely nice but it means nothing -as we have seen with the precedent of the LVO Q&A. I can already imagine the posts on this forum when, a year from now, GW proper contradicts the facebook reply "eh, it happens in a big company" :D

2 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

It would have been even wiser to not post this right now when we still don't do much about the v4. Because right now, they're sure that every single announcement about the new rules will be greeted with hostility, no matter what they annouce - it could be lovely Skaven minis or new rule previews (and unironically so far the rules do look promising) but it will be greeted with coldness at best. This squatting and its consequences have been a disaster for AoS. 

And about this :

8 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

It's not really deleted if it comes back with an updated miniature

Yes, but : there's an unspoken agreement that if you buy a recent mini (ie less than 10 years old), you are safe. It is like a covenant between GW and its customers. With the culling of Warcry and SCE stuff, GW has broken that covenant. 

And about Legends : no one uses Legend rules except once or twice in casual circles. Legends is where miniatures go to die.

• Like 2