The Rumour Thread

While a lot of SCE stuff is gone they're just about to get a boat load of new stuff so it's probably a case of keeping redundancy down. 

It's not really the same treatment for them as BoC and savage orcs. I'm sure they'll still have the biggest model range in AoS.

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Just a reminder about the rules, so can we not swear!

The swearing filter is in overload at the moment and I've been tweaking things which have crept through. 

Totally understand peoples feelings, but less swearing please. We want this forum for everybody!

Sorry I didn't know that word would get through. I usually asterisk myself but I'm heated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

Says who? I could easily see the removal or consolidation of existing factions in future editions of the game. I think when it comes to support, 10 years is meeting expectations. 

I would give them at least two more editions.

4 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Tbf GW has a backup for BoC with is TOW. Same for Bonesplitters. You're just not willing to use the backup because you don't care about TOW is that it ? 

You don't wanna proxy them as Darkoath or something ?

That's not a backup, that's an entirely different game with different local communities, lore, gameplay and aesthetics. Just because AoS and TOW players shouldn't be disrespectful towards another doesn't mean that they want to play the other game.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I will answer you that. Dawis and Old Empire. CoS second wave is coming!

Think the only reason Cities is safe right now is just that the new range is too small for them to pull more out???? Or they knew the backlash and figured they just kick the can down the road?

Think it is safe to say that Cities will lose all the old stuff. The only real question is when.

Just like with 40k and 30k, they will want to keep the two games as far apart as possible.

Edited by RyantheFett

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Just a reminder about the rules, so can we not swear!

The swearing filter is in overload at the moment and I've been tweaking things which have crept through. 

Totally understand peoples feelings, but less swearing please. We want this forum for everybody!

People are angry and tbf GW has given them good reasons for that.

But just remember : anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, etc etc... 

Maybe that one suit at Nottingham who is obsessed with sticking Tzaangors in every box possible just got his wish, with BoC making way for Battletome: Tzaangors and Codex: Tzaangors.

"All good things come around again... in blue!"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RyantheFett said:

Think the only reason Cities is safe right now is just that the new range is too small for them to pull more out???? Or they knew the backlash and figured they just kick the can down the road?

Think it is safe to say that Cities will lose all the old stuff. The only real question is when.

Cities Duardin are all but certain to go as soon as a new Battletome arrives. With TOW, I can’t see them bothering to invest in a redesign or a new non-Karadron/Fyreskayer Duardin faction.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dindi said:

Also savage orcs are not playable in ToW.

You can take units of them but it would be incredibly difficult to build an army of them due to unit limitations. 

BOC.jpg

• Sad 1

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

Maybe that one suit at Nottingham who is obsessed with sticking Tzaangors in every box possible just got his wish, with BoC making way for Battletome: Tzaangors and Codex: Tzaangors.

"All good things come around again... in blue!"

Maybe he's the same person who's sticking Vulkites in every possible box.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

People are angry and tbf GW has given them good reasons for that.

Totally understand but no swearing ;) 

Being angry is understood with what has happened but we still want this to be a place for everybody ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

Wonder which models are next on the chopping block if GW is axing stuff this hard.

I guess all the WFB subfactions/old WFB models are ready to be cannibalized back into TOW.

So Spiderfang, Dispossessed, all the old Dark Aelves in CoS. Maybe Beastclaw Raiders as well? The longer it takes for a faction to get a refresh, the more in danger they are.

Anything not getting the chop now is probably safe for the edition. If it's going before 5th then it's going to be because it gets replaced by an equivalent in an update. 

9 minutes ago, Garrac said:

You guys here having cool discussions, and I still can't get over the fact that GW won't retire the monkey ninjas any time soon... GW... why... im gonna get mad... and sad... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Little known fact, the monkey ninjas are central to the Skaven propeganda that they don't exist. "Rat ninjas? No the Lord Regent was most definitely assassinated by monkey ninjas."

5 minutes ago, michu said:

Sacrosanct is not going to be replaced

Yet, Sacrosanct is almost certainly going to be replaced in the future, just not in 4th edition.

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

I think they are showing just the cutoffs until 2025, that's why delves, dwarves, old ogors and such are missing

If Duardin were going and there was this whole beef between AoS and TOW studios, it'd be now. They're the next faction getting released for TOW and there will be crossover of kits. I think they get replaced by new kits in the next Cities update.

Ogors will likely get an update in the new edition with the old kits getting replaced then. Delves I'm less certain about the future of but I'm sure they aren't going anywhere until a future Cities update or Malerion arrives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is why GW should not solely focus on one faction for starter boxes, they have to bring out new sculpts/units every 3 years, artificially bloating the range. Then they need a cull. At least for SCE proxies of old minis should be pretty straightforward. At least GW have given plenty of notice.

Sorry to those whose armies have been squatted tho🙁 Hope you can have at least a bit of fun for the next year. At least they're giving them rules for 4.0.

Wonder what it will mean for the Warcry units in Warcry?

5 minutes ago, Dindi said:

Also savage orcs are not playable in ToW.

You can take units of them but it would be incredibly difficult to build an army of them due to unit limitations. 

And you won't be able to buy the models if you don't already have them, either.

The fact that AoC already has Tzaangors and Slaangors in Disciples and Hedonites makes me hopeful that we will see Pestigors and Khorngors for Maggotkin and Blades. 

With the new rules for how armies and built. Having a single Beast character and a god thematic unit in each of the mono-god books would allow for a Beast Regiment to be taken. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

TOW has been charging its plastic at a discount. With beastmen being in TOW they'll literally be cheaper than in AOS.

£47.50 for 30 Orc Boyz isn't exactly a discount compared to their old cost during 8th edition, they are still artificially inflated to match modern GW cost of their product (like how land raider is now £67.50). The discount is non consequential when the cost is already increased for sculpts designed in what 6th ed?

55 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Maybe you should just stop buying models at this point lol, you're actually cursed. Or just please don't buy any models/start any projects for factions that I love.

Haha, well if I were you I would not let yourself get excited at all about whatever plastic Chaos Duardin are in the pipes. I'm going to be so into those guys they'll probably get re-squatted within a year. 

54 minutes ago, Hollow said:

lol, no... no it is not. 

How is it not? I'm in a uniquely awful position that this is the fourth army of mine that GW is dropping in the AoS ruleset alone! The legends Chaos Duardin, Slaanesh-marked beasts, the Legion of Grief, and now a Horns-centric Slaves army are all dead. My combined human-wood aelf army was killed before I'd even got halfway. So five, actually. I was cautiously optimistic about 4.0; my best friend likes the rats! But at this point I'm circling back to other games systems. GW makes cool toys but does not want me at their tournaments.

50 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Well i was unfortunately wrong about Beasts.

I’m not going to lie, today’s article killed my enthusiasm for AoS stone dead. It makes it very hard going forward to justify any purchases, because in two years or less are GW going to decide to Legend them? 
What about my Gloomspite? They’re founded on the Night Goblins, can I expect the to be dropped like my Boneplitterz should TOW sell well enough to need the Gobbos back?

For real. I want to like the GW games! I do! But I just bought into Slaves thinking "alright this is the posterboy antagonist faction; that's a safe pick." 

46 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Ignore him. If I remember he has GW stocks and thinks the only thing we're allowed to want is to buy more figures.

I'm done with GW. If I ever buy anything again it'll be third party and I hope GW goes under. ****** em.

And no offense but to the half of the forum acting like I should be happy they told us instead of mad it's happening. Get some perspective. Just accept that your "buddy" James workshop can be, and in fact is, a ******.

Can't even remotely blame you for feeling that way; ngl you were the first person I thought of when reading the beast part of that article. The worst of it is, to me, GW sold the entire daemon line of miniatures with both squares and rounds in the box to work on both game systems. That would have been an excellent decision to make with beasts; if the army "doesn't sell well" why not double the reach the miniatures have? 

33 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I'm going to start by saying we're 9 years into this game. Its too late to be removing entire army ranges like this, and its a sign of bad planning. I know old world and AoS were splitting things up but still, not acceptable. You should've cut them 3 years ago with the rest of the AoS 2 stuff, or not given them an AoS 1 book at all.

I'm completely with you here. I felt like it was rude when armies with books were getting dropped in the first two editions, but by the FOURTH edition you would think things were set in stone. It's awful planning that speaks to their total disregard to long-term customer happiness. They were advertising and selling big free city armies that they turned around and dropped within 6 months to a year. That's literally unacceptable to me in a miniatures game. 

Magic: The Gathering is a game I dropped because I couldn't justify "spending that much on cardboard" but, jokes on me, I could take all my Magic cards from college to some casual tables and my cards don't need like FAQs and opponents permission to function because theyre two editions old "legends" cards.

It is crazy that getting painted miniatures on a table takes so much more effort and GW is extremely cavalier with saying "oh man the posterboy wizard knights from 2.0? All those are in the trash now; you should've gone for liberators."

At this point, any customer loyalty I'd have towards GW is shot. IF they release any models I like, I'll certainly be taking them to game systems that won't aim to make them obsolete within two years, and I'll certainly be finding the cheapest avenue to acquire them. 

Spent so much time combining the Karkadrak lord, a slaughterpriest, and some Horns bits to make a cool, characterful mounted leader. Why did I do that? Sure he could be leading Darkoath guys that I proxy for, but what about the flamethrowers? Why am I proxying models that were released in 2022? That is insane and completely unreasonable to me. It's nice that GW has shown me the door instead of suddenly kicking me out, but the end result is the same: my Slaves are a dead project for GW games before I've even been able to hit up a store with 'em.

My fault for being busy with IRL stuff i guess, but it makes me miss the days where Bretonnia had a 10 year old book but was still allowed a seat at the table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have the feeling that right now everyone is super sad, angry or worried. Want to quit the game and many other stuff, but we always forget that minis from not so long ago were moved to legends, like the Cursed City ones. They were phased out in less than 2 years also, IIRC. We will forget about this one as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Pizzaprez said:

Haha, well if I were you I would not let yourself get excited at all about whatever plastic Chaos Duardin are in the pipes. I'm going to be so into those guys they'll probably get re-squatted within a year. 

As long as you don't touch Fyreslayers we're good B)

The one that genuinely surprises me is the Sacrosanct Chamber going. I know there's been a lot of Stormcast stuff with more on the way, but I can't say I expected a whole Chamber to be cut and so soon after it was released.

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I have the feeling that right now everyone is super sad, angry or worried. Want to quit the game and many other stuff, but we always forget that minis from not so long ago were moved to legends, like the Cursed City ones. They were phased out in less than 2 years also, IIRC. We will forget about this one as well.

Again, not really comparable. Cursed City were just a bunch of heroes, not entire factions. They never really had any availability to properly buy them, and they also never really had any rules. Heroes are easy to proxy, armies are not.

• Like 1

My sincerest condolences for everyone that's lost armies in one fell swoop. That's a huge change, and you have every right to be upset. I'm sorry for your loss.

I can't honestly say that I'm surprised the Beasts are gone. As much as I loved them from back in 4th edition; I never really got to play them to any extent that was worthwhile. I tried three separate times to  make an army work in AoS without success; I just don't have time for hordes anymore; and the models showed their age. They really shined best for me when playing WAP - but I'm not really into touching TOW at this point.

With BoC gone from AoS, I wonder if we'll get more expansion on the Ogroids. I already play StD and Disciples, but more characters/units than just the thaumaturge and the myrmidons would be an interesting take.

All the monstrous units have moved mostly over into the StD; so at the end of the day I think I have about the same composition that I did before. It's an adjustment, and I'm sorry to see them go; but I no longer feel compelled to try and revive them from my first introduction to Warhammer.

2 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

£47.50 for 30 Orc Boyz isn't exactly a discount compared to their old cost during 8th edition, they are still artificially inflated to match modern GW cost of their product (like how land raider is now £67.50). The discount is non consequential when the cost is already increased for sculpts designed in what 6th ed?

It costs £82.50 to get 30 old Ork Boyz currently and those are from the same era as the Orcs.

Tomb Guard and Black Guard are from about the same time period as each other. One costs 47.50 for 20. The other costs 70. That Tomb Guard price is also cheaper than when they first released (£25 for 10)