The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Garrac said:

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a date for the actual kroot wave coming? I'm eagerly expecting to buy and paint a lone spear!

I don't know, I'm sorry 😔

• Thanks 1

Other than having a lot of hero units I think the roster bloat of the SCE is slightly overstated. The only major redundancies I see are the Vigilors and Judicators, and the three or four "stalwart battleline" troop options. I was hoping Vindictors would get a multi-part kit with multiple weapon options to replace Liberators entirely. Not sure if "slightly tankier" will be enough to set them apart. A lot of the other units are just different weapon options listed as their own units that could easily be condensed to a single warscroll (Paladins being the only exception I'd like to keep as-is since I think they do a good job defining themselves with unique roles).

That being said, what niches can exist for an army have been filled already and I don't see what the Ruination Chamber can bring to the table if it really is just more Stormcast (but with axes instead of hammers!!!). Those fan concepts people like to pretend are real are a lot more interesting and would provide some needed visual variety; nothing that GW has shown so far fills me with confidence. TBH, I'd be happy with some 1e revamps and warscroll condensing rather than adding even more stuff, but that has never been the GW way, so it's whatever

13 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Well at least we get an idea of what to expect in the index stuff for Cities!

Do you think this would affect the index? I don't think so. Why would affect it? I see more relevant the fact that TOW dawis are using the current CoS sprues that a city, whose main citizens are High Elves, is destroyed.

Malekith had scars all over his body, he can now transform into a lizard with wings and he told his mother that he was going to teach the twins a lesson. If his mother conquered a city of Sigmar, why not him?

6 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

Malekith had scars all over his body, he can now transform into a lizard with wings and he told his mother that he was going to teach the twins a lesson. If his mother conquered a city of Sigmar, why not him?

Okay, but if he was going to do that, he’d probably be after Settler’s Gain, not Phoenicium. The more likely explanation is that the vision refers to Abraxia and her mysterious “destination”. 

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Okay, but if he was going to do that, he’d probably be after Settler’s Gain, not Phoenicium. The more likely explanation is that the vision refers to Abraxia and her mysterious “destination”. 

And we know she would be around that area. The only weird thing is how far Phoenicium is from both Hammerhall and Verdigris:

image.png.d31f6e000a2ae5f94b1bc0fbfbe167a0.png

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Do you think this would affect the index? I don't think so. Why would affect it? I see more relevant the fact that TOW dawis are using the current CoS sprues that a city, whose main citizens are High Elves, is destroyed.

I was thinking more about units being removed but just remembered Phoenix Guard have already gone. But expecting some models to be dropped in the process

I just read the new short. It is the first one referring to the last book:

The story of the Twin-Tailed Crusade comes to a thunderous conclusion in Dawnbringers: Book VI – The Hounds of Chaos – which was revealed yesterday at AdeptiCon – as Embergard and Verdigris face their greatest trials yet amidst the founding of two new Cities of Sigmar. Stay tuned to Warhammer Community for more from the Dawnbringer Chronicles.

That means in 3 or 4 weeks it is going to be announced for preorders as long everything from Adepticon. Maybe the Darkoaths would be put for sale at the same time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Red King said:

This looks like cash grab mobile game art. I know it's not but geez is that a step-down in art quality.

See, I actually love this style, but I do prefer this aesthetic to some of the oldhammer arts that many seem to love.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I remember in AoS1 when there was the Seeds of Hope mini campaign. Order ended up winning that (of course) and it ended up with the founding of 3 Order cities - Greywater Fastness, Living City and Phoenicium. Now one of them is going down. It's a big deal for people who participated in the campaign (I did, one game, and I lost it) that they're using that material for new lore.
And it's not a small deal lore wise if the city goes down. My badly painted teenage minis (on square bases at the time) didn't lose my first ever AoS game for this !

Ahhh i didn't know about that campign. I guess its inevitible then, since Grey Water Fastness and the Living city both got rules, lore and official Colour schemes in the COS battletome and Phoenicium did not. 

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And we know she would be around that area. The only weird thing is how far Phoenicium is from both Hammerhall and Verdigris:

image.png.d31f6e000a2ae5f94b1bc0fbfbe167a0.png

Armies and Heores magically teleport around all the time in warhammer. 

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I remember in AoS1 when there was the Seeds of Hope mini campaign. Order ended up winning that (of course) and it ended up with the founding of 3 Order cities - Greywater Fastness, Living City and Phoenicium. Now one of them is going down. It's a big deal for people who participated in the campaign (I did, one game, and I lost it) that they're using that material for new lore.
And it's not a small deal lore wise if the city goes down. My badly painted teenage minis (on square bases at the time) didn't lose my first ever AoS game for this !

It's ok. We all posted results en mass to save Middenheim back in 2004, only for it to get blown up with the rest of the world a decade later. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I was thinking more about units being removed but just remembered Phoenix Guard have already gone. But expecting some models to be dropped in the process

I don't think any units will be dropped in the indexes but in the new battletomes. 

It allows any unit that is being dropped to have rules for this edition until they are moved to legends when the new battletome hits. 

12 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I have a question for those of you who know more about dates, guys.

I check every day a second-hand site and today I found this:

image.png.b6a5bbffd17e6172b21c4cce68c6d61a.png

I clicked in the CoS out of curiosity and he is saying that it would be released on April 20th.

image.png.e940b599fb64bcbff65980df2e039ee9.png

Is it even possible for someone to know already that release date?

Just "influencers" selling their "free samples" as usual.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Peacaf said:

Tbh I don’t expect Malerion coming to the game anytime at this point.

• Confused 1

I must admit i am a bit confused about the events so far. In the last major narrative event which was Broken Realms we kinda had a series of events which basically ended the consequences of the necroquake and lead up to kragnos waking thanks to the rite of life (IIRC). The final event was the siege of Excelsis and we had two maybe three kind of side events in the burning skies, anvilgard being conquered by Morathi and something about tyrion having sensed a menace somewhere. Now i don’t think i’d found a major plot in the sense that, yes, we know thai two cities were built and one will fall, but, how that follows the prophecy of krethusa in the fifth book,khul’s quest to daemonhood etc? At first i thought the prophecy was Tyrion fighting Malerion of Slaanesh but we don’t seem to have any information about that at least until 5th edition drop I guess.

so what did i miss?

An astute observer in the Spanish Lumineth group has pointed out that this could be the helmet for a future redesign of the Phoenix Guard (which I really hope it happens, one of the most beautiful models of all time). Looking forward to 4th 

IMG-20240322-WA0097.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 8

7 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

An astute observer in the Spanish Lumineth group has pointed out that this could be the helmet for a future redesign of the Phoenix Guard (which I really hope it happens, one of the most beautiful models of all time). Looking forward to 4th 

IMG-20240322-WA0097.jpg

Nice shout! And I loved the mention of river temple in the story

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Who is the real Phoenix King? Besides Anvilgard it's not like it was close to Ulgu...

6 hours ago, DinoJon said:

I'll be honest.... I would be all in for a decent Age of Sigmar mobile game

It's an AoS gacha game. You really really want that 5 star Akhelian King for your team. You do your character pull. It's another Primaris captain. It's your 7th in a row. How did it even get in an AoS game?

• Haha 7

46 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

IMG-20240322-WA0097.jpg

So Aelementari of the four elements

• Mountain---> Ymetrican Longhorn bull
  • Wind---->Horned Foxes
  • River---->Horned kelpie? that even dubious whether or not that the actual river spirit or some Warcry exclusive stuff like a minor river spirit of the gnarlwood until Pyre & Flood fluff comes
  • Zenith--->Possibly Phoenix 

that is of course taking assumption that the Phoenix is not the spirit of Hysh much like how Celennar take the form of a Sphinx

and just to round it out assuming the Broken statue on Lyrior Ulthralle base is a preview of what Tyrion might look like

GoldenDemon FEST2023 AoS Single Gold

This the best picture of the statue i can find

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 3/4/2024 at 5:10 PM, IronVIke said:

OK Here We Go! I reviewed the lead up to adepticon and leviathan from last year here is what I think we can expect these coming weeks. Buckle up we are in for a whirlwind of reveals!

Weeks Leading Up To Adepticon

March 11th last year (Arks of Omen): Vashtor Pre-order - This Year March 9th (Dawnbringers): Krethusa Pre-order

March 12th last year (Leviathan Tease 1): Echoes from the warp - This Year March 10th or 11th 4th Edition Tease 1

March 20th last year (Leviathan Tease 2): The shadows clear - This Year March 18th 4th Edition Tease 2

Adepticon

Last Year - Leviathan Reveal, Kill Team Reveal, (Arks of Omen): Lion El Johnson Reveal

This Year - 4th Edition Reveal, Warcry Dual Box Reveal (I am personally hoping for Kurnothi & Ossiarch like in the dawnbringers story)(Interchangable with underworlds reveal), Dawnbringers 6 Reveal with lady of ruin & Korghus Khul Ascended

*Hot take: Khuls ascension to demonhood will be the bridging model for the stories end like kragnos was heading in to 3rd

Others

Last year - in the weeks leading up to adepticon there were also a reveals for necromunda, and boarding patrols.

This year - this could mean reveals for underworlds (Interchangable with war cry), and the spearheads boxes leading up to adepticon this year

After Adepticon

Last Year March 25th: Arks of Omen: Tau Preorder

This Year March 23rd: Darkoath Army Preorder

I honestly believe they will follow the format of last year's Adepticon lead up. Id put money on this. Let's see if my logic holds firm! Who is with me!

I'm not sure about etiquette but do I get to do a partial victory lap on these predictions??? I think I hit about 80 percent on the dates and makeup of everything.....

• Like 2