The Rumour Thread

34 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That’s a very cool video but GW’s open day preview has been extremely weird. That star player was the main focus of the preview video they put up on Saturday, but instead of showing him off on Sunday they’ve waited until today to say anything. Meanwhile the Darkoath video that GW themselves accidentally leaked hasn’t got a mention despite the fact that the video is all over the internet. The cat isn’t merely out of the bag, it’s up on the table, gleefully knocking all of the community team’s  best plans onto a concrete floor. 

They even mentioned that it was seen in the video in yesterday's preview.

Darkoath Army Set confirmed, by way of GW plugging their accidental 'leak'.

eIQ6d4owOxAFD8IW.jpg

H2KphdpBAupbLYiV.jpg

bZxyrY6TbcPfzavc.jpg

92ph44QhXWBLRCl6.jpg

Confirms it's a STD expansion with a PDF (ALA Ironjawz) as well.

This 28-page supplement to Battletome: Slaves to Darkness expands upon the existing Darkoath options, and includes the four new Warscrolls from the army box, the lore of the Darkoath, and plenty of brilliant art and photography. The Darkoath follow Chaos Undivided, and may be included in your existing Slaves to Darkness armies.

The set also contains the same four warscroll cards and a set of tokens. All three of these items are only available in this set – but the battletome supplement will be available as a free PDF download shortly after launch.

The trailer again (but in HD).

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 10

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Wow. I have no words. I wouldn't expect this move. Would be interesting to see what we see now in Adepticon.

I guess it confirms there's at least a few more things for Dawnbringers VI. If this was it, I doubt they'd have shown it (ALA the Warcry leaks).

The leak probably just forced their hand.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Darkoath Army Set confirmed, by way of GW plugging their accidental 'leak'.

eIQ6d4owOxAFD8IW.jpg

H2KphdpBAupbLYiV.jpg

bZxyrY6TbcPfzavc.jpg

92ph44QhXWBLRCl6.jpg

Confirms it's a STD expansion with a PDF (ALA Ironjawz) as well.

No GW, please. I have a wedding to pay for in a couple of months 🥵

This is exactly what I wanted with for a Darkoath update, the Wilderbeast is absolutely incredible

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Must be that kind of freedom where you allow some kind of shadowy entity to dominate your entire life, but at least you don't have to pay taxes.

Or worship Sigmar - WE BARBARIANS DO NOT LIKE barbarian THUNDER GODS

Edited by JackStreicher

A fantastic looking box. I especially love the pose of this guy. They way he’s leaning over in the saddle to thrust his spear is awesome and a level of specificity we don’t often see in mounted minis. IMG_0734.jpeg.e95f0bb842c96e67b1b8b19d64737717.jpeg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

4 kits finally, I was expecting 3, I am glad to be wrong

And even with so few... it looks pretty well-rounded. Especially considering the rest of darkoath we got previously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

Or worship Sigmar - WE BARBARIANS DO NOT LIKE barbarian THUNDER GODS

You don't have to worship Sigmar. You can worship basically anyone/noone/everyone, including:

• Alarielle
  • Dracothion
  • Teclis/Tyrion
  • Grungni
  • Grimnir
  • Malerion
  • Gork and/or Mork and/or Gorkamorka
  • And more!

(Most places draw the line at Nagash though, not to mention the vile, evil and all around not pleasant Chaos gods)

• Like 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

And even with so few... it looks pretty well-rounded. Especially considering the rest of darkoath we got previously.

The only real jarring thing about Darkoath is that there's no generic Shaman/Sorcerer model. You've got an abundance of named options, including both the Underworlds warbands and the new cartoon based box of heroes, which can also be used as proxies of course, it's just a weird oversite.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

A fantastic looking box. I especially love the pose of this guy. They way he’s leaning over in the saddle to thrust his spear is awesome and a level of specificity we don’t often see in mounted minis. IMG_0734.jpeg.e95f0bb842c96e67b1b8b19d64737717.jpeg

Maybe that one is the one I was looking for. As he is leaning, the other leg is not in the stirrups. That would sort another RE.

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

If I am not wrong @Ejecutorthe only "AoS related" rumours that are still unknown are the ones I related as "Chorfists", the Venom-ists and the Nurglish ones, no?

Gotta update the site. We still have all of those that look like Idoneth.