The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

By that logic pokers a strategy game but not chess

Star wars: Legion uses a similar system, and it works very well. You blindly choose tokens representing orders for the types of units you activate, but you also have lots of options for control. Some commanders can activate units, some units generate their own orders and can activate themselves. Some units benefit from being activated sooner or later. Its a fantastically complex and tactical system and once I played it I found I hate going back to the traditional GW style.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GhostShark said:

Star wars: Legion uses a similar system, and it works very well. You blindly choose tokens representing orders for the types of units you activate, but you also have lots of options for control. Some commanders can activate units, some units generate their own orders and can activate themselves. Some units benefit from being activated sooner or later. Its a fantastically complex and tactical system and once I played it I found I hate going back to the traditional GW style.

I always hear from friends that SW is a great TT game. Haven't tried it yet myself but they prefer it over AoS rule-wise. 

1 hour ago, GhostShark said:

I'll counter and say that I loathe Star Wars Legion and a large part of that is its order system.  I like alternating activations though (mostly).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GhostShark said:

Having jumped from all the Star Wars games to GW I would say they both have pros and cons. 

Legion has a better turn system then AoS, but I would say their combat was a step down. The fact that everything was canced out by rolling crits........ugh

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I always hear from friends that SW is a great TT game. Haven't tried it yet myself but they prefer it over AoS rule-wise. 

Would of said all the Star Wars games were top tier and worth a try....... then they switched developers and everything went downhill from there lol. They killed armada and spilt the xwing community right down to the bone. The fact that Legion is still good shows how strong the rules were since AMG could not even ****** it up..... yet lol

Also with 4.0 I'm sure they will fix a lot of the issues we all have with the game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

Legion might be the best designed wargame on the market. I would always be up for a game of Legion, and I don't think I could say that about any other game, even AoS. And I'm not even that much of a Star Wars nerd.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Wonder if it's possible that GW will reveal new edition of WarCry tommorow? It could reveal the next main Realm for the whole 4th edition of AoS as well.

I think there's a chance of a tease, but being the rumour so big about LRL vs OBR I doubt it would be a new ed with those particular bands.

So far we got S2D bands in all the starters, if I am not wrong, and feels that would want to continue that pattern.

8 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Wonder if it's possible that GW will reveal new edition of WarCry tommorow? It could reveal the next main Realm for the whole 4th edition of AoS as well.

Isn't Warcry on a 3 month cycle like underworlds? So there could be 2 more Warcry releases before 4th Ed drops. I could be wrong tho. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Isn't Warcry on a 3 month cycle like underworlds? So there could be 2 more Warcry releases before 4th Ed drops. I could be wrong tho. 

Yeah normally it's 2 warbands every trimester, last one we got 4 because it's an end of edition campaign, so it was a bit of an exceptionnal moment.

images(12).jpeg.0c82d2242e99e9d780da6b0bf7a42376.jpeg Not sure what everyone is talking about. Warcry is on a 3 year cycle like 40k, AoS and kill team. We're currently in year two. Year one had quarterly big boxes but this year is different. We've had one smaller box set and two other individual warbands.

There have been confirmed to be 4 more warbands in year 2. The next two are heavily rumoured to be Nighthaunt and Lumineth. The last two are unknown.

Lumineth and Nighthaunt will probably be shown tomorrow, but  they could just show one of the warbands like we saw with the last kill team reveal.  The last two will probably be shown at Adepticon. Then we'll probably get some kind of year 3 tease at Warhammer fest. 

Third edition, if it comes, isn't due until 2025. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

Having jumped from all the Star Wars games to GW I would say they both have pros and cons. 

Legion has a better turn system then AoS, but I would say their combat was a step down. The fact that everything was canced out by rolling crits........ugh

Would of said all the Star Wars games were top tier and worth a try....... then they switched developers and everything went downhill from there lol. They killed armada and spilt the xwing community right down to the bone. The fact that Legion is still good shows how strong the rules were since AMG could not even ****** it up..... yet lol

Also with 4.0 I'm sure they will fix a lot of the issues we all have with the game.

I’ve heard almost nothing but good things about Shatterpoint though. I’ll almost certainly pick it up at some point if only for times when my Star Wars fan Brother is over. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Lumineth and Nighthaunt will probably be shown tomorrow, but  they could just show one of the warbands like we saw with the last kill team reveal. 

The more time goes by, the more I think we'll only see one of the two war bands tomorrow (and with my luck, it'll be the one I'm least interested in 😛).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Then we'll probably get some kind of year 3 tease at Warhammer fest. 

Thinking about it, it seems too soon. Kill Team is also on a 3-year cycle. Which means its 3rd edition should be out this year, with an announcement slot at WarFest or later in the year.

New Warcry edition announcement seems more plausible to me from 2025 onwards.

• Like 1

Ok. Here's a question for you all. What to you makes for a meaningful update? Assuming we see a Nighthaunt warband tomorrow, that would make for 5 kits this edition. A special character, a regular character, two units and an Underworlds warband. If you got that for your faction of choice next edition, would you be satisfied? 

A lot of people were happy with the Dok update in first edition but it was only actually three kits. Personally, I think dual kits go a long way. The Ironjawz also got five kits this edition but with the dual build kit and the triple build big pig, it feels a like  lot more. I would have loved to see a spear option for the steelhelms and a lance option for the cavaliers. I think it would have made the cities release feel more like an army. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

spear option for the steelhelms and a lance option for the cavaliers. I think it would have made the cities release feel more like an army. 

that's for sure, especially for the cavaliers

I think we a re more likely to be satisfied by a faction update when all the kits are out at the same time ; it looks like a big release in one time and create an illusion of more models, and a focus on the faction. To me even if nighthaunt had new releases during this version (that is more than other armies) I don't see this as an update. 

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1

Ok. Here's a question for you all. What to you makes for a meaningful update? Assuming we see a Nighthaunt warband tomorrow, that would make for 5 kits this edition. A special character, a regular character, two units and an Underworlds warband. If you got that for your faction of choice next edition, would you be satisfied? 

A lot of people were happy with the Dok update in first edition but it was only actually three kits. Personally, I think dual kits go a long way. The Ironjawz also got five kits this edition but with the dual build kit and the triple build big pig, it feels a like  lot more. I would have loved to see a spear option for the steelhelms and a lance option for the cavaliers. I think it would have made the cities release feel more like an army. 

To me it depends on the faction that gets that update. If it is SCE or S2D, more than meaningful. If it is FS or CoS it wouldn't be enough. It is true that I wouldn't complain, but some armies need bigger updates for me to be considered meaningful. Especially if there are units removed when that update is released.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Freypal said:

I personally don't really care about the warbands as I find them too niche/specific. I've never bought any of them. I'd rather they just release a proper kit which has more utility and flexibility. 

The Seraphon and Ogor warbands are improved versions of old AoS units though. A kit like that is definitely a proper AoS unit. 

• Like 9

Yeap, Im starting to have the feeling that there won't be much stuff shown at LVO. What I expect now is:

-40k: Dark Angels and mechboi, just that

-AoS: Everything related to Dawnbringers 4

-30k: I dunno, I don't play it, solar auxilia something

-Warcry: the next 2 warbands, order vs death from the roadmap

-Underworlds: the same thing, I dunno, skavens made me hate Underworlds, sorry

-Kill Team: ust the mandrakes shown, plus perhaps a pciture of the Night Lords sprue as they have a very vast fandom dying to see it

Now, my pure mad maniac wishlisting:

-KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS

-Dawnbringers 5

-Preview for an Eshin Warcry band

-Next KT previewed as well, I think Valrak mentioned GSC?

But that's just a little of copium, not actually expecting it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The Seraphon and Ogor warbands are improved versions of old AoS units though. A kit like that is definitely a proper AoS unit. 

Or the CoS Wildercorps hunters. They even look more like a unit than a warcry warband.

• Like 5

I'm sorry if I get Warcry/UnderWorlds/Kill Team fans mad at me, and you'd be right for doing so, but my highly polemic opinion about this is that I prefer the Kill Team approach: gimme food from other games, ok, but let them be generic units on the regular army, and not spetial characters or something fancy like that. I want units updated. I mean, Kill Team has really made the foundations for a Lost and the Damned army that now just requires like 2-5 kits more to make a full codex.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1