The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I made it specifically to hurt you!
🤘😎🤘

hahaha well im sorry to disapoint u but i also went to the dark ( bright?) side and started a lumineth army!! so now gw cant ignore my 2 elves armyes :D

24 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

i dont know how made this but hurts me since it is sooo true, i always call my poor idoneths the forgotten army, since they are the only propper aos army that dont got absolutly anything in his like 6 years released ( only the mandatory foot hero in 3.0).

and they are the only aos army without a tome for a whole edittion

Even worse for IDK players, GW do release a new model, but they make it for Stormcasts 😢

image.png.1ec770972b3f0bd8bd08ef5db2b6fa1c.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I recently did a tracking of the last year of GW releases of AOS and 40k to get an idea of how this year could stack up for Dawnbringers ⅘ releases and the lead in to 4th and when we can expect things when compared to how GW rolled out all the info for leviathan and onward. 

Prior to LVO:

Early Jan had a review of Arks of Omen (AoO) Abandon which I believe was book 1 of their 5 and their 40k version of dawnbringers. As well as some boarding patrol reveals which I believe is the comparison for the AOS spearheads. 

This puts us a little ahead of where 40k was at this time as we have already had dawnbringers 3 for quite a while.

At LVO

Reveal of a box set for Vashtorr which was book 3 and we are ahead of this timeline for AOS which is why we've probably been totally dry on reveals. Also a small reveal for new units for space marines as well

• For this LVO I bet we get the model reveals for the Death faction regiments of renown and any adjacent new heroes that come with them (similar to the harbinger releases)

• Then I believe we will get a teaser of the darkoath but not a major reveal (either the new unit OR the new hero as a tease for Dawnbringers 5.

• Warcry Lumineth vs Nighthaunt feels super likely and Underworlds has all kinds of options. The cat however makes me think of CoS because of how many humans use cats to detect death. I think thematically this can fit along side the “grave robbers” tag that has been linked to the underworlds reveal recently.

After LVO (Feb) Leading up to Warhammer World Open (Early March)

• Multiple new boarding patrols and combat patrol boxes were being revealed. (again this ties things to the likely new revamps of the vanguard boxes in favor of spearheads)

• Review of book 3 lore for 

At Warhammer World Open

• Reveal for Book for of Arks of Omen book 4 (Here we will get the initial previews for dawnbringers book 5 and probably more reveals related to what realm we may be headed to next)

After Warhammer World Open (Early March) Leading up to Adepticon (Late March)

• Echoes from the warp very first tease towards leviathan happens here. This is when we should get the first teases for 4th.

• More boarding patrols

At Adepticon (Late March) 

• Lion el johnson reveal and Arks of omen book 5 occur here (anticipate the full dawnbringers 5 reveal here, my guess if Khul ascended will happen either here or as a parallel to the kragnos reveal afterwards on our way to 4th edition.

• Leviathan reveal (all our patience should get rewarded with at least a 4th edition cinematic here)

At Warhammer Fest (Late April) 

• Leviathan box contents revealed 

After Warhammer Fest (May)

• Announcement for battle for oghrim which was their player influenced meta story, and some new units for 4th revealed for the factions that won't be found in the launch box.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

I really don't see why not. Infact, I think it would be cool if Black Library branched out and did more exposition and lore based books in collaboration with established fantasy artists and writers (rather than just focusing on novels)

This is an off topic tangent so I will leave it for now, although if GW/BL were to release a series of 9 super ornate fantasy style tombs detailing the realms I would be more than happy to fork out a bunch of cash for them and I suspect I wouldn't be the only one. Imagine a 9 book series in a similar vein  to what I just knocked up using Bing Image creator below. It would be so sweet. Drools* 

AoS Realm Tombs.jpg

I love this stuff. Have them contain maps and time-lines detailing important events and how they connect with each other. Other wish-list items I have is an updated Liber Chaotica for AoS. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. 

Back when I was deep in 40k I used to get all kinds of adjacent books like the tabletop RPish game Inquisitor simply because the book fleshed out just how not at all unified the imperium is and there's lots of competing ideas and, well, corruption taking place. On the very surface level 40k might appear kind of "GLORY TO THE IMPERIUM OF MAN! SPACE MARINES KICK ASS!" but once you take a slightly deeper look below that it is quite clear the imperium is losing or, at a good day, holding the many enemies back. Furthermore, the common saying "everyone is evil" is a similar oversimplification because it is the setting which is the real enemy (the desperation, greed, short-sighted incompetence, bureaucratic indifference, vast machine which has to go on, etc, etc).

In other words, I love these world-building & RP books. This is what really gets me invested in a setting since I prefer to write lore for my own armies and characters as opposed to reading about X or Y characters. That said, I am not opposed to those either, just that those stories feel more weighty when I have a better understanding of the setting they're in.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

i dont know who made this but hurts me since it is sooo true, i always call my poor idoneths the forgotten army, since they are the only propper aos army that dont got absolutly anything in his like 6 years released ( only the mandatory foot hero in 3.0).

2 Underworlds warbands and a hero, I would not call that nothing. It's about the same as KO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

i dont know who made this but hurts me since it is sooo true, i always call my poor idoneths the forgotten army, since they are the only propper aos army that dont got absolutly anything in his like 6 years released ( only the mandatory foot hero in 3.0).

Idoneth release are just like the tide, there was high tide in 1st/2nd edition transition when the army launched, then ebbing tide during the rest of 2nd, then low tide in 3rd with just a foot hero. Now as more armies get their upgrades, means less competition for Idoneth for a place in the release schedule. The tide could be rising again.

• Like 1

underworld dont count, it isnt like warcry bands, that are complete funtional units.

underworld is totally diferent, made of weird units and rules( most with 1 hero and rangeds, pets, and melees on same unit) and they even get squatted with the time, since old ones arent even sold anymore.

and idk didnt got 1 hero, only got the mandatory 3.0 hero only,

so nothing. like i said. 

kharadrons got 1 hero besides the 3.0 mandatory one. thats more

heck even fireslayer got endelss spells and now another hero. 

is sad being an elven faction with even less releases than dwafs ones 🤐

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

The novel is one of the best AoS stories I've read. Helps that it's from the best author. 

I have not started it yet but have high expectations after reading Godeaters Son which is possibly my favourite AoS story so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Idoneth still are one of the newest armies with a range thats feels really well rounded. I dont think GW is in a hurry to expand them soon. There is a lot to be fixed before Idoneth. But something like a Warcry warband could be nice for them. But the same can be said for FS, OBR and KO i guess.

• Like 1

The Bonereapers feel incomplete. They’re missing Mount Traits entirely, seem like they should have some decent ranged options but have only the Catapult, and only have 20 units in their entire range, 1 of which isn’t unique to them (Nagash) and two of which are from Underworlds and could get dropped next edition like the Grymwatch did. They’re good candidates for a 2nd wave, just like the Fyreslayers, Idoneth, and Kharadron. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

The Bonereapers feel incomplete. They’re missing Mount Traits entirely, seem like they should have some decent ranged options but have only the Catapult, and only have 20 units in their entire range, 1 of which isn’t unique to them (Nagash) and two of which are from Underworlds and could get dropped next edition like the Grymwatch did. They’re good candidates for a 2nd wave, just like the Fyreslayers, Idoneth, and Kharadron. 

Still not as bad as the Daughters of Khaine.

Probably the single most incomplete faction and for a while at that.

Edited by DD-Lord
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IronVIke said:

I recently did a tracking of the last year of GW releases of AOS and 40k to get an idea of how this year could stack up for Dawnbringers ⅘ releases and the lead in to 4th and when we can expect things when compared to how GW rolled out all the info for leviathan and onward. 

Prior to LVO:

Early Jan had a review of Arks of Omen (AoO) Abandon which I believe was book 1 of their 5 and their 40k version of dawnbringers. As well as some boarding patrol reveals which I believe is the comparison for the AOS spearheads. 

This puts us a little ahead of where 40k was at this time as we have already had dawnbringers 3 for quite a while.

At LVO

Reveal of a box set for Vashtorr which was book 3 and we are ahead of this timeline for AOS which is why we've probably been totally dry on reveals. Also a small reveal for new units for space marines as well

• For this LVO I bet we get the model reveals for the Death faction regiments of renown and any adjacent new heroes that come with them (similar to the harbinger releases)

• Then I believe we will get a teaser of the darkoath but not a major reveal (either the new unit OR the new hero as a tease for Dawnbringers 5.

• Warcry Lumineth vs Nighthaunt feels super likely and Underworlds has all kinds of options. The cat however makes me think of CoS because of how many humans use cats to detect death. I think thematically this can fit along side the “grave robbers” tag that has been linked to the underworlds reveal recently.

After LVO (Feb) Leading up to Warhammer World Open (Early March)

• Multiple new boarding patrols and combat patrol boxes were being revealed. (again this ties things to the likely new revamps of the vanguard boxes in favor of spearheads)

• Review of book 3 lore for 

At Warhammer World Open

• Reveal for Book for of Arks of Omen book 4 (Here we will get the initial previews for dawnbringers book 5 and probably more reveals related to what realm we may be headed to next)

After Warhammer World Open (Early March) Leading up to Adepticon (Late March)

• Echoes from the warp very first tease towards leviathan happens here. This is when we should get the first teases for 4th.

• More boarding patrols

At Adepticon (Late March) 

• Lion el johnson reveal and Arks of omen book 5 occur here (anticipate the full dawnbringers 5 reveal here, my guess if Khul ascended will happen either here or as a parallel to the kragnos reveal afterwards on our way to 4th edition.

• Leviathan reveal (all our patience should get rewarded with at least a 4th edition cinematic here)

At Warhammer Fest (Late April) 

• Leviathan box contents revealed 

After Warhammer Fest (May)

• Announcement for battle for oghrim which was their player influenced meta story, and some new units for 4th revealed for the factions that won't be found in the launch box.

True. I totally forgot about the Spearheads! This could be something else that GW could show us in LVO.

• Like 1

I just wish the AoS design studio would round out (most) factions with an infantry/cavalry/ranged unit or two. I always feel like so many of the factions feel very "top heavy" with lots of characters and big centerpiece models, without much diversity in terms of "standard" boots-on-the-ground infantry/cavalry/ranged  5/10 man units (which is what should really make up the bulk of most forces

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

59 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I just wish the AoS design studio would round out (most) factions with an infantry/cavalry/ranged unit or two. I always feel like so many of the factions feel very "top heavy" with lots of characters and big centerpiece models, without much diversity in terms of "standard" boots-on-the-ground infantry/cavalry/ranged of 5/10 man units (which is what should really make up the bult of more forces

Why do I think of Nurgle all of a sudden ?

Edit : and also Fyreslayers lmao

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

30 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I just wish the AoS design studio would round out (most) factions with an infantry/cavalry/ranged unit or two. I always feel like so many of the factions feel very "top heavy" with lots of characters and big centerpiece models, without much diversity in terms of "standard" boots-on-the-ground infantry/cavalry/ranged of 5/10 man units (which is what should really make up the bult of more forces

Centerpieces sell armies better than troops, but yeah some diversity for certain armies would be nice where it makes sense.

Just now, Hollow said:

Do they? Don't get me wrong, I love a good centerpiece, I just want a bit more meaty substance to factions. 

I am with you. An army without diversity in the troops is not an army, just a big warband 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Other wish-list items I have is an updated Liber Chaotica for AoS. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Ohhh, now you're talking! That'd be glorious. There's so much new stuff they could explore, now that they've fleshed out the individual Chaos factions so much. I love the Liber Chaoticas, I still often refer back to the Slaanesh volume for a quick injection of dark and twisted inspiration! 

Btw, talking about maps. Something just popped in my head.

The Spanish Wiki (Sigmaroteca) has a couple of sections about maps:

An atlas compiling them all: Atlas de los Reinos Mortales | Sigmaroteca | Fandom

If I am not wrong the atlas includes photoshopped amps of those regions where a map has different smaller ones and they have been put together when possible.

And a section with interactive maps: Mapas interactivos | Sigmaroteca | Fandom

image.png.91ece71038fa2d5e727a402012aefd9c.png

image.png

It is not as cool as the TOW one and it is in Spanish, but it is better than nothing. In case it helps.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I don't know about mount traits. StD and the latest battletome CoS didn't get mount traits. I don't know on which basis they decide to give mount traits. I fear that they have a certain number each battletome can have combined in artefacts, command traits and etc.. In the previous CoS battletome there were mount traits. The monsters stayed, the traits were removed.