The Rumour Thread

would be sooo mad to see a water dragon for lumineth while my poor idoneths only got the mandatory 3.0 foot hero in his like ¿6 years life?

always dreamt to see a giant sea serpent/dragon for my water elves. but i always loved lumineth too, was a shame they were released after idoneth, if they get a dragon.... ill swap my poor idk for them instantly

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, madmac said:

Speaking of River Temple, I should remind everyone that Stoneguard have bull crest helmets, and their spirit avatar is a huge bull. Windriders have a fox crest, and their spirit avatar is a agile flying fox. If River Temple have a dragon crest, does that mean their spirit avatar is a water dragon?

If I recall correctly from the Lumineth tome, the spirit animal of the River Temple is some kind of pachyderm.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

Lumineth vs. Nighthaunt for Warcry and obviously Callis & Toll.

1 hour ago, SilentSentinel said:

I could see the possible Lumineth model being our first look at a unit from the river temple, it does make some sense that a subfaction based around the concept of rivers/water might have a element of flowing dance like movements to some of their models.

1 hour ago, madmac said:

The first tease we got about the River Temple, ages ago in the first LRL Battletome talks about them being lightning fast and graceful and implied dual-weilding blades.

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I guess the new "marauder horseman" (quotation marks because the name will absolutely change to something like "Darkoath Riders" to be more trademarkable) puts some credit to the rumour we had all those months ago, when the Dawnbringers narrative was announced and there was the icon of the Darkoath Savagers in the trailer. Some of us thought it meant S2D were gonna be in the campaign and that finally those age old marauder sculpts were getting a replacement. Well it took halfway through the narrative to have a glimpse of them but they're finally coming !

@Whitefang Like reacted all these posts!!

LRL vs Nighthaunt for Warcry - CONFIRMED.

Callis and Toll minis - CONFIRMED.

Darkoath Riders - CONFIRMED.

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Oh boy, I sure do love my favorite faction of Water-based Elves- THE LUMINETH REALM-LORDS. Not like the Idoneth haven’t gotten anything besides 1 hero since 1st edition! 

I'm pretty sure Idoneth is going to receive a second wave a la Ironjawz in 4th edition.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Talas said:

If I recall correctly from the Lumineth tome, the spirit animal of the River Temple is some kind of pachyderm.

That's not quite correct, and it's not from the LRL tome. You're thinking of a White Dwarf issue giving expanded details on the LRL vs OBR war, which mentions that a species of aquatic pachyderms exist and are venerated, but it never actually confirms that they are the River Temple spirit animal.

I always found it an odd fit in any case, since Water Temple Devotees as I said earlier were described more as agile wardancer types from the very beginning.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Imo, I would love to see dragons added to the Aelf factions, even if it is a wingless dragon. Dragons should not be the sole property of SCE. 😄

I hope someone gets the classic serpentine dragons from WHFB… maybe Lumineth, would work well with their slightly oriental/eastern design cues! More dragons would be cool in general, sea dragons for IDK, chaos dragons… so many cool dragons could be added to AoS! 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

19 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I hope someone gets the classic serpentine dragons from WHFB… maybe Lumineth, would work well with their slightly oriental/eastern design cues! More dragons would be cool in general, sea dragons for IDK, chaos dragons… so many cool dragons could be added to AoS! 

MitGas wanting something new for Lumineth, it is an Xmas Miracle!

Then again some dragons to convert to Tzeentch sounds pretty on brand.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MitGas said:

100% this. We need more dragons in AoS. 😄

• Like 1

@Tonhel @MitGas for sure Stormcast should not be the only ones! cough SERAPHON cough... and wingless water dragons would be a welcome change as opposed to slightly different draconith. maybe the pachyderms are the cavalry for River Temple while the dragon is the actual spirit?

22 minutes ago, madmac said:

I always found it an odd fit in any case, since Water Temple Devotees as I said earlier were described more as agile wardancer types from the very beginning.

hippos kill ~500 people each year and can almost keep up with speedboats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su7GkqwxG08 (no violence but unnervingly fast hippo)

they are also very agile in the water

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Noticed this one got the official like. Wonder if we'll get more than horsemen for darkoath? Perhaps a more generic infantry equivalent than the savagers.

To me they haven't shown all their hand yet. It would feel weird to upgrade the horsemen but not the basic marauders... especially when the current marauder horsemen are younger than their foot marauder counterparts.

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

To me they haven't shown all their hand yet. It would feel weird to upgrade the horsemen but not the basic marauders... especially when the current marauder horsemen are younger than their foot marauder counterparts.

I see it as a 50/50 either making new Darkoath Marauders or just removing the basic marauders in favor of the existing warband.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Are you ok? If someone is forcing you to type that blink one eye.

👁️😉👁️😉 😭

They‘ve found me and they do terrible things to me, like making me wear their strange, oversized helmets! I always thought my end would be the mods in here after I posted one stupid thing too many but here we are… I‘m so, so sorry that they‘ve caught me, definitely not for what I posted about Lumineth! Ouch! I had soooo much hate to give this world, what a cruel plane of existence this is! 

* Poof!* 

Ah, back in the realm of Tzeentch, phew. I‘m gonna rate Hysh with 0 stars on realmadvisor. Too bright there and really rude people, strange food…. and totally antidemonic too, not cool. I didn‘t do nothing, aight? 

Big T just told me my holiday is over now since I came back to office early. Great! Drat you, Lumineth!!! 

I think it would visually just really work for them. I liked the old dragons…. I also like the new ones - what I don‘t like is that so far only SCE got some!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

MitGas wanting something new for Lumineth, it is an Xmas Miracle!

Then again some dragons to convert to Tzeentch sounds pretty on brand.

While a lovely colleague of mine (my proudest moment was when he once stepped on me!) fused himself with a stupid high elf dragon to create the very first chaos dragon, they shall be released for all of the Chaos club (it’s like the Disney club, we’re just more childish) members! ❤️

• LOVE IT! 1