The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I honestly can't see them adding any more warscrolls to that book without getting more old stuff axed. Plus we don't need another book-and-a-half mess, like we did with the Lumineth.

What are the chances of a late released BT during an ed like CoS or FEC to be one of the early ones on the next ed? That would solve possible books mess, but that would be too close for a new wave, imo.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What are the chances of a late released BT during an ed like CoS or FEC to be one of the early ones on the next ed? That would solve possible books mess, but that would be too close for a new wave, imo.

GWs battletome schedule is kind of hard to make sense of. Sometimes factions get three books in three years, like Lumineth, and sometimes it takes 5 years between battletome updates, like Seraphon.

I would say it is possible that we see another CoS book early next edition. Maybe even next year. During the design interviews they talked about not being able to fit all their ideas into the first wave, and while the Freeguild does not exactly feel like half an army the way Lumineth did at first or Kruleboyz still do now, you can definitely see pieces that are still missing (Ironweld stuff, Devoted to Sigmar, Greatsword-equivalents...).

Recently, GW seems to be more willing to do supplement pdfs, so I am hoping that is the way they go with updating CoS. Maybe an early battletome in 4th edition, and then supplement updates to elves and dwarves over time.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Here's how see the whole CoS curve:

Book 1 - tidy up the GA Order mess. Give home to a mass of Old World models just so people can hold on to them for a bit longer. Plus a good start to establishing the lore of the Cities.

Book 2 - GW introduces new direction for the faction. A new narrative is forming (notice there are humans only in the Dawnbringer Crusades) and it's a shot across the bow for the remaining Old World bits that the book currently contains.

Book 3 - Leaner, predominantly new kits. Possible further divergence of humans and other races in the lore, giving an opportunity to split books.

Edited by Grungnisson
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The forked parchments really do indicate that these are Cities of Sigmar. No idea how a burning skeleton impaled on a bunch of pipes fits in the range, though.

Maybe it's a warcry warband of fanatical weirdos?

Still hoping for Cities, expecting Krieg.

Warcry warband of Ironweld fanatical weirdos? Would fit the pipe. Or engineer with burning standard helper guy?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

No way... the bret hero is quite a nice sculpt as well. Even better imho.

Horses for courses, but Those Horses aren’t for my courses.

In all honesty it’s entirely subjective. So far the Bret reveals have just gotten an “oh cool” out of me, and even the Tomb King foot heroes too. Now, that Bone Dragon got an entire swear word out of me when I saw it, and that was even after seeing Ushoran on the same stream.

I will admit though that the New Damsel on Unicorn is a Damn Fine model and would really like to see more the Magical side of Bretonnia, more unicorns, pegasus, Fey Enchantress and Green Knight Updates! 

Some people like Space Marines, some people like Orruk Krule boys, and I even hear some people like Tau. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Horses for courses, but Those Horses aren’t for my courses.

In all honesty it’s entirely subjective. So far the Bret reveals have just gotten an “oh cool” out of me, and even the Tomb King foot heroes too. Now, that Bone Dragon got an entire swear word out of me when I saw it, and that was even after seeing Ushoran on the same stream.

I will admit though that the New Damsel on Unicorn is a Damn Fine model and would really like to see more the Magical side of Bretonnia, more unicorns, pegasus, Fey Enchantress and Green Knight Updates! 

Some people like Space Marines, some people like Orruk Krule boys, and I even hear some people like Tau. 

I have nothing against it being the model you liked the most, but I think the overall feedback I saw was the worst among all the new TOW stuff.

PD: I think Tau is one of my top armies from 40k 😅

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ogregut said:

If anyone in the UK missed out on the Xmas battleforces, element games have them back in stock (apart from the world eaters one as I write is), they are full retail price but still give you a nice saving. 

Tempted by the nid one myself. 

https://elementgames.co.uk/seasonal

Gratitude brother, GRATITUDE!

Managed to get the CoS army set, absolutely bloody buzzing! They seem to have a load in stock if anyone missed out on the chance a while ago!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I have nothing against it being the model you liked the most, but I think the overall feedback I saw was the worst among all the new TOW stuff.

PD: I think TAU is one of my top armies from 40k 😅

Its so peculiar, I just love the model. I follow the sculptor on Instagram that created the Howdah for the kit, he explains thats he created the Howdah when he was just a Trainee in the design team! He expresses in his insta post how he found the project difficult because he did not agree with miniature as a concept for Tomb Kings. Regardless he did a knock out job in my humblest opinion.

But that opens up the age old discussion of art, its value, “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.

The way I perceive Warhammer is different to how others perceive Warhammer not least because I have digested and been influenced by different things throughout my life. So the Way you see a Bretonnian model is entirely different because I’m attaching different experiences and emotions to it. And that Just makes this Hobby all the more fascinating. 

I wont comment on your love for the Blue Man group though…

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Gratitude brother, GRATITUDE!

Managed to get the CoS army set, absolutely bloody buzzing! They seem to have a load in stock if anyone missed out on the chance a while ago!

You're welcome, I caved and bought the nid box as a Xmas present to myself, to go along with the flesh eaters army box I bought as a Xmas present to myself 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1