The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Trugg the Troggoth King said:

What about a new Gotrek miniature with a beloved babydroth named Felicia? The heirs of Will of Grimnir and Vulcatrix, respectivaly.

Gotrek as the avatar of Grimnir for FS specifically could be really cool.

• Like 1

Just now, Noserenda said:

I doubt youll ever see Gotek getting more FS, he was pretty disgusted by them on his arrival, dunno if that changed in later books? 

Its been a while since I read Soulslayer, but he doesn't seem to have any more of a problem with Fireslayers than he has with literally everybody else, a lot less than the vast majority. But technically he is a FS, he is a Dwarf with a stonking great FS rune in him, carrying a FS weapon, and looks like a FS. He is also pretty much the avatar of the FS god.

I would say putting him in FS makes perfect sense

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

I doubt youll ever see Gotek getting more FS, he was pretty disgusted by them on his arrival, dunno if that changed in later books? 

Gotrek has essentially begun to treat nearly every duardin faction he encounters like misguided children/distant-kin, and has since been trying to adapt old Dawi logic to the mortal realms. Of course, this being Gotrek, this has a roughly 60% chance of ending in disaster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Trugg the Troggoth King said:

So the "new" design for Liberators are Vindictors... but with new hammers!

sombrero-nuevo.gif

yep,i hope this is only something of the game and not real.

this is 100% only vindictors with hammers and not liberators.

i am not a fan of renew models with only 7 years,but if they do i hope be some new,this is 99% a vindictor with a extra sprue for a new arm with a hammer and call it liberator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:
7 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Screenshot_20231013-201914_WH AoS.jpg

While you're right i meant a sort of ur-gold golem\avatar like the Khainite one in 40k XD.

I want the Avatar of Grimnir to be a large and epic fiery spirit that contains his might, but having his personality and essence living on through Gotrek creating a schism between the Fyreslayer society. The Avatar resembling his appearance in this amazing work but at a more modest but still impressive scale. 
Grimnir_vs_Vulcatrix.jpg
The ultra orthodox naked Duardin, and the untraditional Dwarves rocking blue jeans

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 3

Anyone play games: Poxnora, Endless space, Endless legend, Age of wonders 3-4, Age of Wonders: planetfall, Keyforge card, Infinity Wars card, Lightseekers card, Duelyst, Mythgard card, Shadowverse card, Skyweaver card..., they are great games with great factions.

Edited by lele

5 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Its been a while since I read Soulslayer, but he doesn't seem to have any more of a problem with Fireslayers than he has with literally everybody else, a lot less than the vast majority. But technically he is a FS, he is a Dwarf with a stonking great FS rune in him, carrying a FS weapon, and looks like a FS. He is also pretty much the avatar of the FS god.

I would say putting him in FS makes perfect sense

He‘s not. Just an old dwarf with a rune. He‘s against all gods and he’s not of their culture.

so adding him to their roster makes no sense.

It‘s like claiming an aelf should be part of the Darklings because he wears an Darkling Spear and bears and darkling tattoo against his will.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

He‘s not. Just an old dwarf with a rune. He‘s against all gods and he’s not of their culture.

so adding him to their roster makes no sense.

He sees Fyreslayers as the closest thing to 'Kin' in Soulslayer. He's not even looking to die anymore, 'a worthy life is what matters' and his aim now is to improve the mortal realms for mortals. He really likes Zangrom-Thaz now. He's learning to accept his fate and use the rune to help people and actively got helped by Sigmar in Blightslayer. He's reluctantly accepting and even admitting that things in the mortal realms are grander and greater than in the old world, and finding his new place in the realms. He's literally the avatar of the Fyreslayer god.

He's also being sold as a Fyreslayer already on the GW site. It makes perfect sense to add him. With Realmslayer it did not, with the books as they are now Gotrek is becoming something new. He's not just a slayer who wants to die, he wants to live and is an icon of hope to all races of the realms, especially the Fyreslayers.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

He sees Fyreslayers as the closest thing to 'Kin' in Soulslayer. He's not even looking to die anymore, 'a worthy life is what matters' and his aim now is to improve the mortal realms for mortals. He really likes Zangrom-Thaz now. He's learning to accept his fate and use the rune to help people and actively got helped by Sigmar in Blightslayer. He's reluctantly accepting and even admitting that things in the mortal realms are grander and greater than in the old world, and finding his new place in the realms. He's literally the avatar of the Fyreslayer god.

He's also being sold as a Fyreslayer already on the GW site. It makes perfect sense to add him. With Realmslayer it did not, with the books as they are now Gotrek is becoming something new. He's not just a slayer who wants to die, he wants to live and is an icon of hope to all races of the realms, especially the Fyreslayers.

You didn’t start the latest audio book, did you? You should.

Despite that this means he is also a Kharadron because he was fond of them for quite a while too.

Gotrek usually befriends old dwarves because that’s what he is. He is like a missing link of the dwarven race representing all of them.

He is no Fyreslayer and never will be. He is Gotrek.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

The only thing that he is missing is that he is not worship Grimnir. With all honesty I think that Gotrek is more fyreslayer then actual fyreslayers because right now (and it was addressed in soulslayer) fyreslayers focused too much on worshipping their god instead of following his path. Grimnir was never about live and gold, he was about battle and walking on the edge. And I think that Gotrek is an avatar of Grimnir also by his wandering nature being looking for worth opponent. So as for the new arc in fyreslayers lore he is perfect candidate to lead them in battle as itself and also as part of united duardin force. Plus he was paired with Grombrindal multiple times with great success. I also think that he might find small magmadroth for himself at some point as a pet and then as a mount. 

Edited by cofaxest
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Only three videos are for tomorrow event, the other videos are discarded ones

Soo, _if_ this is true (I'm still not convinced you're not trolling us, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ;) ) lets speculate about whats up this afternoon:

- sylvaneth are a given

- people have been mentioning the Lady of Ruin and Scylla Anfingrim (perhaps time for a new or updated unit for the Khornate troops too?)

So that's three factions with models so three videos.

But you were also hinting at 4th faction - could that be an army of Renown? I suppose Stormcast could do with a bit of narrative focus without extra models so that's a possibility...

59 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

You didn’t start the latest audio book, did you? You should.

Despite that this means he is also a Kharadron because he was fond of them for quite a while too.

Gotrek usually befriends old dwarves because that’s what he is. He is like a missing link of the dwarven race representing all of them.

He is no Fyreslayer and never will be. He is Gotrek.

I finished all the books and stories. The entire themes of the books, as even the authors have stated, is him finding his new place in the mortal realms. He is the representation of a WFB player learning to accept AoS.

Blightslayer is a slight regression due to his depression over losing Maleneth (and the Runefather), but Gotrek is clearly changing. Everyone around him feels like he has a deeper purpose and they recognize his connection to Grimnir, even if he himself is reluctant to. He doesn't need to consider himself a Fyreslayer to be a part of them, or even be one.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I finished all the books and stories. The entire themes of the books, as even the authors have stated, is him finding his new place in the mortal realms. He is the representation of a WFB player learning to accept AoS.

Blightslayer is a slight regression due to his depression over losing Maleneth (and the Runefather), but Gotrek is clearly changing. Everyone around him feels like he has a deeper purpose and they recognize his connection to Grimnir, even if he himself is reluctant to.

There you have it, you‘ve said yourself that he does not belong into the Fyreslayer Faction :) Fyreslayers are followers of Grimnir, he is definitely is not, although he is his Avatar and always has been.

Wanting him as part of Fyreslayer feels like forcing a Hexagon into a triangle slot, no matter how much you‘d like it. (Grimnir himself was never part of the Fyreslayers since they formed after his demise)

He has history with Grimnir, but as he has stated over and over: He is no Fyreslayer. He might fight alongside them here and there but he basically fights alongside everyone. As to his ability to inspire people: Also counts for everyone, not only Fyreslayers.

If anything he is a dispossessed or a potential inspiration for a united dwarven force.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

There you have it, you‘ve said yourself that he does not belong into the Fyreslayer Faction :) Fyreslayers are followers of Grimnir, he is definitely is not, although he is his Avatar and always has been.

Wanting him as part of Fyreslayer feels like forcing a Hexagon i to a triangle slot, no matter how much.

He has history with Grimnir, but as he has stated over and over: He is no Fyreslayer. He might fight alongside them here and there but he basically fights alongside everyone. As to his ability to inspire people: Also counts for everyone, not only Fyreslayers.

If anything he is a dispossessed or a potential inspiration for a united dwarven force.

If you think characters incapable of changing or having character arcs and want them to be stuck in a single trope, then sure.

But Gotrek has changed and is changing. He's literally changed his entire purpose from a honorable death to a honorable life. He's becoming more and more accepting of the master rune. That's been the unifying theme of the books. Avatar of a god, champion of the mortals looking for a place in the realms and finding his closet kin in the FS. His story is not over yet.