The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I have a gut feeling that we will see another Bonereaper Underworlds band and be equally amazed at the models and disappointed in their rules. 

It feels like a Warcry warband is likelier than another Underworlds team to me, maybe with that morghast as their leader?

Is there anything in the latest warcry lore that would give OBR a reason to appear?

Also since FEC and SBGL both already have a Warcry warband it should be either OBR or Nighthaunt for the winter death warband.

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

It feels like a Warcry warband is likelier than another Underworlds team to me, maybe with that morghast as their leader?

Is there anything in the latest warcry lore that would give OBR a reason to appear?

Also since FEC and SBGL both already have a Warcry warband it should be either OBR or Nighthaunt for the winter death warband.

It very well could be a Petrifex Elite raiding party looking to plunder the Gnarlwood for bones (And crack some heads, obviously), or a band of Ivory Host pirates looking for plunder to satisfy the desires of an eccentric Liege-Kavalos who finds Seraphon artifacts particularly appealing. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Matrindur said:

I think is more likely, too. Especially if we are getting a Morghast in there. I think the Morghast models are too big for Underworlds. A Morghast hero model that turns out to be smaller and less impressive than the regular ones would be pretty disappointing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

It very well could be a Petrifex Elite raiding party looking to plunder the Gnarlwood for bones (And crack some heads, obviously), or a band of Ivory Host pirates looking for plunder to satisfy the desires of an eccentric Liege-Kavalos who finds Seraphon artifacts particularly appealing. 

Ossiarch bone-dogs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Is there any reason lore wise for OBR to participate in the Dawnbringers narrative?

So far I’d say if Ossiarchs got word of the big crusades and secretly sent advanced parties to help clear their ways and succeed in settling new lands.

The Ossiarch tome notes they’ve done that several times in aiding Dawners unaware of their intervention as a thriving metropolis in dangerous territory means lots of bones for them to tithe.

Nezzhil’s Morghast hunters idea is good too. After Broken Realms where the Ossiarchs & FEC in Hysh had a bad falling out and went from willing allies to bitter enemies(to where the Alarith Lumineth even leased the FEC their mountain because the ghouls are adamant about taking out vile undead & blocking the portal to Shyish there now) and capturing Ushoran could turn such fortunes on their head if they have their Summerking who can order them all to behave without question.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Snarff said:

B O N E S

He. I don't know why I feel there's a few factions that doesn't fit the narrative. Ossiarch Bonereapers, Lumineth Realm-lords, Idoneth Deepkin, Nighthaunt, Seraphon, Daughters of Khaine, Soulblight Gravelords, and Ogor Mawtribes.

That would be 10 out of 24. Maybe even Disciples of Tzeentch and Hedonites of Slaanesh, that would leave us with the 12 factions that would have miniatures.

Any of you see clearly the above factions joining the books?

6 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

Did I miss a rumour (or hint/statement) that the warband is Kruleboyz?

(The roadmap says its Destruction, and in winter, but I don't recall any rumours about it.)

A few weeks ago, someone said that next two Underworld warbands would be kruelboyz and then vampires. I can't find the message and I don't know how reliable this person is, but it seems plausible to me (next warband officially is Destro and Death is the only Grand alliance that doesn't have a Deathgorge warband).

edit : Finally found : https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/22826-the-rumour-thread/?do=findComment&comment=631030

Edited by Draznak
  • Thanks 1

Also, the kruleboyz just got a Warcry warband no?

Would be disappointing to have two soulblight warband when nighthaunt and ossiarch dont have one.

Now i prefer having nothing for my boney men than something inusable or who look like something we already got.

Mortek archer will be ok, if underwhelming. A band of a new archetype of construct would be better (someone suggested mini-morghast).

38 minutes ago, Draznak said:

A few weeks ago, someone said that next two Underworld warbands would be kruelboyz and then vampires

Seems dubious. Soulblight have 4 Underworlds warbands already (Spulchral Guard, Sons of Velmorn, Exiled Dead, Crimson Court). They are a diverse army, but I honestly don't know what else they could be getting. A Vyrkos warband that uses bats and wolves?

13 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Getting real tired of one off Underworld or Warcry stuff 

They are games in their own right and don't just exist to serve AoS. That we are getting AoS-usable models from these games at all is a bonus.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Seems dubious. Soulblight have 4 Underworlds warbands already (Spulchral Guard, Sons of Velmorn, Exiled Dead, Crimson Court). They are a diverse army, but I honestly don't know what else they could be getting. A Vyrkos warband that uses bats and wolves?

They are games in their own right and don't just exist to serve AoS. That we are getting AoS-usable models from these games at all is a bonus.

Also the fact every unit is new, just look at Kill Team. They only get one new team per box with the other just being an upgrade sprue (except for the season launch box)

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

New Marauders would be absolutely sick. I love the Darkoath aesthetic far more than the Big 4.

Absolutely, I think in part because they are so heavily inspired by Frazetta’s barbarian style- and its just such a cool archetype for Barbarians.  

IMG_4534.jpeg

IMG_4533.jpeg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Getting real tired of one off Underworld or Warcry stuff 

Underworlds I understand but there is nothing one off about Warcry. Just in recent times Warcry has given us full replacement units for Gorgers and Chameleons, a key ranger unit for CoS and the first new unit for Fyreslayers since their initial release.

• Like 8