The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Holy MOLY if this is true!! Plus it just means new mount conversions for AoS!

There have been several rumour engines that are definitely Kroot. They've already had a kill team so the only logical conclusion is an Ironjawz sized addition to the Tau range. Aside from Exodites, a return of the Empire part of Tau is the most likely thing to tempt me back to 40k. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

There have been several rumour engines that are definitely Kroot. They've already had a kill team so the only logical conclusion is an Ironjawz sized addition to the Tau range. Aside from Exodites, a return of the Empire part of Tau is the most likely thing to tempt me back to 40k. 

Yes one of the leg rumour engines heavily rumoured to be that of new vespids as well. 

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

They have like 5 or 6 rumors that seem like kroot, which seems like a lot. 

My top guess is that the krootox will turn into a large calvary unit? Would explain the bows and guns we have seen so far. All three other kroot units got a refresh from the kill team box as well, so it could be new units as well!

1 hour ago, Sarges said:

True feet connoisseurs know that none of rumour engines resemble vespids so far but I hope they'll be released too.

image.png.ecba72649273e0b0d71d22a398aa20dc.png

Valrak has been throwing out vespids for the next round of kill team...... so maybe!!!!

• Like 2

New Carry Case.

Tzk5pES1D8snyzCo.jpg

GiDOZB7hO9ueUWLA.jpg

Unlike previous cases – lidded with foam inserts – the Stormvault Skirmish Case is designed differently. Both halves of its interior are lined with silicone bristles to hold your miniatures in place. They’re spaced to hold miniatures on Citadel Round Bases between 25mm and 40mm, and can even accommodate cavalry and bikers on oval bases up to 75mm.

When you close the case, these smooth bristles flex to accommodate your miniatures, ensuring that the thinnest spear or most delicate pennant won’t get snagged, or feel any pressure.

The Stormvault Skirmish Case is designed to be opened flat on a table, with rubber backing to each half providing extra grip. There’s less chance of you accidentally knocking it off the table, or pushing it over and squashing some unfortunate miniatures.

When you’re done playing, close the case and seal it with the four clips located around the edge. The case itself measures 278mm x 220mm x 41.5mm, which makes it the right size to bag up for an evening game.

The Stormvault Skirmish Case will replace the bulkier Citadel Skirmish Figure Case when it is released, leaving the Citadel Battle Figure Case and Citadel Crusade Figure Case for your heavy duty transport.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Ehh, i dunno about this one. Carry cases with metal sheathing on the various floors allow you to store a higher quantity of miniatures and they won't move and inch as long as you have a decent magnet underneath them.

Maybe these cases are more beginner friendly, but with how detailed minis are these days I just don't see the advantage with these new ones.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Flippy said:

There may come a day when GW discovers magnets, but it is not this day.

A day may come when the Workshop of Games discovers magnets,
when they forsake their paint pots
and break all paintbrush contracts,
but it is not this day.

An hour of new logistics and shattered moulds,
when the age of 2011 pots comes crashing down,
but it is not this day!

This day we sell!
By all that you hold dear, in these good margins,
I bid you stand, men of the stocks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

3 hours ago, Asbestress said:

A day may come when the Workshop of Games discovers magnets,
when they forsake their paint pots
and break all paintbrush contracts,
but it is not this day.

An hour of new logistics and shattered moulds,
when the age of 2011 pots comes crashing down,
but it is not this day!

This day we sell!
By all that you hold dear, in these good margins,
I bid you stand, men of the stocks!

We have the prophet, we have the spy and now we have the bard!

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Mutton said:

I feel like they could have just released a box with a thin metal metallic sheet on the bottom and it would have been 10x better than this high-falutin iron maiden.

Indeed, nothing beats magnets for mini transportation… dunno why GW doesn‘t want to be reasonable there unless…

They also employ the worst paint pots in existence… so they want your paints to dry out faster and have you rebuy them more often than you should… I figure a hedgehog-case for your precious minis that ruins them faster than they‘d get damaged otherwise is the creation of the same evil minds!

the only question I can‘t answer - why use silicone, when those spikes could dremel heads for maximum ruination of all minis? 

• Like 3