The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

So you will play only 2 models in the whole army ?

Why only 2? 

Chances are gun haulers and thunderers will be battleline with the option to make a one or more gunhauler a hero. 

Can't see why other heroes wouldn't be allowed. A gunhauler fleet still needs a admiral and navigator. 

Just now, Ogregut said:

Why only 2? 

Chances are gun haulers and thunderers will be battleline with the option to make a one or more gunhauler a hero. 

Can't see why other heroes wouldn't be allowed. A gunhauler fleet still needs an admiral and navigator. 

Troll army of renown allow only units with troggoth keyword . Kharadron army of renown allow only unit with grundstock keyword . And there’s only 2 units with grunstock keyword 

The fact that Fyreslayers get female representation before Kharadron proves that it is easier to break into an ancient patriarchal religious order than break the glass ceiling of capitalism. 

But I absolutely love these models and I am interested in if the newer Fyreslayers will follow this aesthetic as it is bang on.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 21

2 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Troll army of renown allow only units with troggoth keyword . Kharadron army of renown allow only unit with grundstock keyword . And there’s only 2 units with grunstock keyword 

Which is easily fixed by giving other units the Grundstock keyword. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The fact that Fyreslayers get female representation before Kharadron proves that it is easier to break into an ancient patriarchal religious order than break the glass ceiling of capitalism. 

But I absolutely love these models and I am interested in if the newer Fyreslayers will follow this aesthetic as it is bang on.  

I love this new aesthetic, and I don't think they look out of place next to the old ones at all. I'd mostly love to see the female representation get heavy focus alongside the Magmadroths, or even combine the two. Like some more female Zharrgrim with Flamekeeper like masks/riding Magmadroths, elite female warriors, a runedaughter on magmadroth/on foot.

They can even make a new Magmadroth kit or upgrade kit with more poses or with more riders. It finally doesn't feel like I'm on copium anymore when hoping for a new release which is not just a hero lmao

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Being on lunch break at work this was my reaction (real)

Polish_20230911_170745411.jpg.07dc10888950e3ff4c9cae14d9ee1683.jpg

I'm really glad for you!
Specially after knowing @KingBrodd never actually bought King Brodd, a lukewarm reaction from you to these miniatures would have shaken everything I took for granted.
Have fun with these lasses!

PD: No offence, King! I actually commend your restrain and sensible gestion of your finances

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Suffise it to say, those new Fyreslayers blow the current generation of Vulkites, Hearthguards etc... out of the water. They really don't feel copy pasted anymore. I'm really interested with where GW will take FS now. Obviously, they won't remake every single kit ever released for them, but those dudes and dudettes bring something really unique so far to them. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens next.

Still super happy for FS. It's the day were they finally got something that isn't a foot hero !

image.png

• Like 3

Can someone explain how Trugg's army is supposed to work? The article is annoyingly vague. It's a Regiment of Renown, so can you not take it with a Gitz army like the other Regiments we've had? If so that would absolutely suck, his whole gimmick works around sharing his magic buffs. He doesn't seem that great just by himself.

13 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Imagine being so detached from your customer base that you think you need to give Fyreslayers a pet too, in order to make sure they sell.

The pet is amazing though, and keeps them in theme with the other recent warbands having monsters/animals too

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mutton said:

Can someone explain how Trugg's army is supposed to work? The article is annoyingly vague. It's a Regiment of Renown, so can you not take it with a Gitz army like the other Regiments we've had? If so that would absolutely suck, his whole gimmick works around sharing his magic buffs. He doesn't seem that great just by himself.

It's an army of renown, not a regiment of renown. It's kinda like a super-subfaction, in that it not only has its own special rules, but it also has its own command traits and artefacts (and probably can't use the regular traits and artefacts for the faction). I suspect its modelled on the new detachments system for 40k.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mutton said:

It's an Army of Renown (diferent from a Regiment of Renown).

You can only use warscrolls with the Gloomspite and Troggoth keyword.

It uses the same Moon-buffs  battle trait but has a new command traits, artifacts and stuff. One of the command traits expand the Malfunctioning Laystone from Trugg to all other Truggs Trollherd units.

Not sure about subfactions or if you can still use Gloomspite traits and artifacts.

Edited by Beliman
  • Thanks 1

Jumping on the new FS yet again - I know, I've been talking about them non stop since their release, but it's their 1st unit in 7 years. I noticed something they have (that no other FS units have) which contributes to really make them stand out in a unique way. And I think the current FS minis would really benefit from the same treatment. It comes down to how they're painted.

• They don't all have pale skin - you see some guys and gals in the band with different shades of darker skin. Pretty logical since these guys are hanging around volcanoes most of their lives, but this really helps break out the "clone" effect of FS.
  • More steel, less gold - boxart FS have way too much gold, and together with their bright orange hair and pale skin tone, really creates a sort of blurry miniature with too much brightness and little contrast. Keeping the gold to a bare minimum helps the Warcry band feel more grounded.
  • Speaking about orange, those new FS have black patches of hair alongside their classic orange. Those colours really complement well and look so much better than the bright orange wholly present across their existing minis;

Amazing what a new paint job can do to sublime minis in need. Am I asking for the 'Eavy Metal team to repaint their FS collection according to these principles ? No, but would be nice if they did ! 

• Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Aleser said:

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Jumping on the new FS yet again - I know, I've been talking about them non stop since their release, but it's their 1st unit in 7 years. I noticed something they have (that no other FS units have) which contributes to really make them stand out in a unique way. And I think the current FS minis would really benefit from the same treatment. It comes down to how they're painted.

• They don't all have pale skin - you see some guys and gals in the band with different shades of darker skin. Pretty logical since these guys are hanging around volcanoes most of their lives, but this really helps break out the "clone" effect of FS.
  • More steel, less gold - boxart FS have way too much gold, and together with their bright orange hair and pale skin tone, really creates a sort of blurry miniature with too much brightness and little contrast. Keeping the gold to a bare minimum helps the Warcry band feel more grounded.
  • Speaking about orange, those new FS have black patches of hair alongside their classic orange. Those colours really complement well and look so much better than the bright orange wholly present across their existing minis;

Amazing what a new paint job can do to sublime minis in need. Am I asking for the 'Eavy Metal team to repaint their FS collection according to these principles ? No, but would be nice if they did ! 

It's the Lofnir colour scheme. Even though I love the boxart scheme, I agree with most of these things. The Urgold runes are essential though, so that should stay gold and prominent in the minis. The armor looks good like this with fewer gold, which really helps the runes and the buckles pop.

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I suspect 'pets' are such a marketing win that just about every warband will end up with one going forward. 

I’d genuinely be disappointed if an Ossiarch warband didn’t have a pet unit. They’re probably up there for armies that would have units like that, assuming they have a Mortisan.