The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Of course ! We're going to have the whole royal court with the FEC. We already have the nobles with the Archregent and Kings, then the Courtiers. We got the royal herald a few months ago, but every royal court needs a judge.

Wondering what other court officials we could also get. A councellor ? A jester ? Maybe a queen ?

Now i want a Gitz Judge (and Queen).

20 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Btw do you think we will see Gholemkind or some other KO expansion in the foreseeable future since they are also mentioned in CoS tome?

Gholemkind rockdrop pods? 

Have we had any pictures yet of them? Maybe a soulbound book?

3 hours ago, CDM said:

Gholemkind rockdrop pods? 

Have we had any pictures yet of them? Maybe a soulbound book?

Not a single thing. They've been referenced a suspicious amount since 2.0 for a race we don't even have a description of, let alone a picture.

On one hand, they're tied very closely to Chamon and Grungni, so it's possible they could be the 'Grungni Army' as an AoSification of the classic Dwarfs. 

On the other hand, despite their dissociation with him, Kharadron are kind of that already (with Fyreslayers for Grimnir). 

I have seen some theorising (can't remember if it was here) that they might be mechanical Gnomes/Halfling-esq, but I think that was just someone throwing darts at a board rather than anything concrete. (WoW Mechagnomes anyone? No, not the Allied Race ones, the cool ones from Wrath of the Lich King).

Could also be they're just units for Kharadron in the future, since they're mentioned as being taken in by them.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Of course ! We're going to have the whole royal court with the FEC. We already have the nobles with the Archregent and Kings, then the Courtiers. We got the royal herald a few months ago, but every royal court needs a judge.

Wondering what other court officials we could also get. A councellor ? A jester ? Maybe a queen ?

there was a cool chess themed warband a long time ago. i would love to have a king court with crazy jester (a classic) etc.

Spoiler

nmbc01-gd.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

An executioner of course! No one would be left unpunished ;)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

On one hand, they're tied very closely to Chamon and Grungni, so it's possible they could be the 'Grungni Army' as an AoSification of the classic Dwarfs. 

If we get a Dispossessed refresh then maybe they'll mirror the 40k kin and Gholemkind will be the Ironkin equivalent.

Is it just me that feels like the Pontifex Zenestra ability to do D3 mortal wounds to every enemy wizard and priest feels a bit to much.

Sure, it's a prayer that goes of on 3+ and then 2+ but a lot of mages are 5-6 wounds meaning it could really give a lot of NPE when you can do absolutely nothing to prevent it except heroically recover one hero.

With a double turn it would not be that unlikely to go off twice and kill of a lot of the 5-6 wounds hero wizards...

4 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Is it just me that feels like the Pontifex Zenestra ability to do D3 mortal wounds to every enemy wizard and priest feels a bit to much.

Sure, it's a prayer that goes of on 3+ and then 2+ but a lot of mages are 5-6 wounds meaning it could really give a lot of NPE when you can do absolutely nothing to prevent it except heroically recover one hero.

With a double turn it would not be that unlikely to go off twice and kill of a lot of the 5-6 wounds hero wizards...

The Hurricanum also has the ability to dump xd3 mortals on a unit within 18" in both hero phases and ignores Look Out, Sir.

14 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

I don't see the issue

You have to roll a 3+ then a 2+ followed by rolling all 5+ twice in a row with the enemy  failing any wards they may have to kill them. 

Yes it could do a lot of damage but on more likely to do 3-4 wounds on average. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Nothing is too much when we speak about CoS!

Said that, I totally agree. It is not even matter of updating its points cost, it is too much, but maybe it is already focused on 4th Edition and it would look more in line in one year.

32 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

nop,if you do maths,this hability do a median of 1 mortal wound to each hero,so you would need 5 turns to kill a basic 5 wounds hero.

this skill sound great in paper and many people are crying is broken,but in practice it is useless and wont get used,this mini gonna be played(if it gonna be played that i dont think so) for the ward5 to the humans and not for this skill.

in short 150 points for only 1 mortal wound to each mage/priest is pretty bad

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Doko said:

this skill sound great in paper and many people are crying is broken,but in practice it is useless and wont get used,this mini gonna be played(if it gonna be played that i dont think so) for the ward5 to the humans and not for this skill.

I wouldn't be so harsh but yes, I also feel it will be the ward most of the time, until you get out of your deployment , then it will be the ward, and the d3 wounds only after that. This might chang in very specific situations where killing the small heroes is the path to victory, and in that case it will be great

Edited by Marcvs

Unpopular opinion:

I don't like this type of abilities. They are not fan. And I'm saying this as a KO player that doesn't have any mage/priest and that I can use a Navigator with a similar ability.

Doesn't matter what maths says, removing a dude without any interaction from the player because someone had a bit of luck, is not fan at all.

• Like 4

i dont like this miniature style and even being a cos player i wont buy it,so i dont care if they nerf or even remove this skill.

but as it isnt fun this skill and dont have interaction?if you says this about this skill then you can say the same about the 90% of others damage skill of every book.

as dwarf player i could say the same about every overpower spell that kill my units without interaction by me,as the new spell that makes 4d6 mortals and insta kill my magmadroths without save or interaction so every mage is broken because kill my army without interaction?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The pontifex is absolutely cracked, and the points only make her more so.

Mass aoe mortal wounds are great, and the fact it targets many of those little support heroes is great too. The ward will usually be the best option, but she can pick 2 of them depending on position, and some armies run a lot of small wizards, and/or have wizard units, like lumineth.

If you combine it with any other amount of splash mortal wounds, like the stormcast with the banner, you can snipe a ton of little important heroes.

Just now, Doko said:

i dont like this miniature style and even being a cos player i wont buy it,so i dont care if they nerf or even remove this skill.

but as it isnt fun this skill and dont have interaction?if you says this about this skill then you can say the same about the 90% of others damage skill of every book.

as dwarf player i could say the same about every overpower spell that kill my units without interaction by me,as the new spell that makes 4d6 mortals and insta kill my magmadroths without save or interaction so every mage is broken because kill my army without interaction?

The problem is that the prayer multi-target, and has no range or sight restrictions.
Merciless blizzard requires you to get within 12", so outside of a few gimmick strategies like hero phase moves or teleports, means you can position to be out of range. Even when combine with things like hero phase moves and teleports you can do a lot to avoid it on a valuable piece.
With this prayer there is no avoiding it, and most of the targets have 5 wounds.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ganigumo said:

With this prayer there is no avoiding it, and most of the targets have 5 wounds

i dont wanna sound hard,but math dont lie never.

this model cost 150 and only makes 1 mortal to each mage/priest of median.

so gonna need full 5 turns(entire one game) to kill them.

yes i know many persons gonna cry when this hero kill his heroes in two turns doing 3 mortals each turn,but then in maths that gonna means that the same number of people gonna get 0 damage of this skill for two turns and do nothing.

dont get me wrong,this hero is good,but she is very far of being overpower or undercosted because his skills are too much random and she is named.

even inside of cities,a hurricanum can kill heroes more reliably and fast than this hero.

of course againsth lumimeths or tzenth this hero can be better,but against the normal 1/2 mages of every army this hero isnt good

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doko said:

i dont wanna sound hard,but math dont lie never.

You don't get it. Two weeks ago, I lost one of my heroes to another  Navigator. The other player ended that Hero Phase with "sorry, it sucks".

I had the same experience being the one using the Navigator with exactly the same ending.

Maths don't tell you that, you need to play the game to know that they are not fun.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 3

Yeah, it's one thing to loose a hero to spell with limited range so you can at least have a chance to position the hero out of range or to normal wounds which you have a chance to defend against.

But unlimited range MW is bad design no matter if it's comets call or this prayer since you as a player can not do anything to try to mitigate the effects, and this is to all your mage/priests on the board.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, law of averages while effective at determining mathematical efficiency doesn’t tell you anything about how it’s going to actually feel to play against the spell and ignores the times that it won’t be 1 wound, meaning it’s definitely less helpful when determining if this unit will feel alright to face.

This would be an absolute nightmare to play against for an army without a native ward save or recovery abilities baked into their most common heroes or a way to shunt off wounds. I can’t imagine how bad this will feel to face for Lumineth where it hits every single Vanari unit and most of your hero choices too. 

im sorry if get your models killed isnt fun then dont play this game lol

i dont know what is the point,so easy as a model that only makes 1 mortal wound each turn,now i wont say if that is good or bad but soulbligth spell do 1 mortal to every unit and not only mages(even the maths say that is 1,3 mortals with the 9+)  and i havent seen nobody cry about that spell.

is npe because enemy dont interact? i also i wont opine but the game have MULTIPLES armys heroes or units skills that make damage and cant interact the enemy so....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beliman said:

You don't get it. Two weeks ago, I lost one of my heroes to another  Navigator. The other player ended that Hero Phase with "sorry, it sucks".

I had the same experience being the one using the Navigator with exactly the same ending.

Maths don't tell you that, you need to play the game to know that they are not fun.

also i could argue that get situations of very bad luck is fun also.

what are the chances of kroak getting a misscast,getting 3 mortals wounds to himself and failling the check and then killing himself? pretty sure are around 1% but that happened in my club and was hilarious and everyone in my club remember that as something epic and fun,but nobody remember when kroak only did his job and didnt faill his cast.

Edited by Doko
  • Like 1