The Rumour Thread

Just now, Freemeta said:

it feels rushed: there is no explanation how wanderer dispareared from Cities. i dont understand, GW relase a book about Prince Maesa then delete them from the lore.

The reasoning may come in the Dawnbringers books

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CDM said:

Hopefully 10th edition 40k and 4th edition AOS will be the first editions with a decent model release and battletome/codex for all factions. 

Didn't 40k 9th have a codex release for every faction?

8th and 9th had codex releases for every faction.

9th had model releases for basically every faction (think only IK were left without one?), with pretty expansive releases and refreshes for a good number too.

5 minutes ago, Freemeta said:

it feels rushed: there is no explanation how wanderer dispareared from Cities. i dont understand, GW relase a book about Prince Maesa then delete them from the lore.

For me it feels the completely opposite, a pretty planned move. It could not have much explanation lore wise, but not all has to be aligned with the lore. Some times this just happens, and CoS always have been a bit of a soup of loose ends that needed to be fixed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Freemeta said:

This process of continuous alteration was applied not only to newspapers, but to books, periodicals, pamphlets, posters, leaflets, films, soundtracks, cartoons, photographs – to every kind of literature or documentation which might conceivably hold any political or ideological significance.

– George Orwell

Maybe there never were any Wanderers in the Cities? 😥

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

some help for your predicament: you can finish the D4 campaign around level 50 if you're doing side stuff; you stop getting skill points at 50 so once you hit that you can basically level as you want to

Oh, I‘m like lvl 82 now… it just gets tiring now though. I wanna get to 100 for a possible expansion but it‘s too boring. 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Dead Space Remake is absolutely incredible!! 

Yes, it shows the team had great love for the game/universe. The only thing I could fault is that Keith Szjarabaka (I probably spelled his name wrong) was awesome as Kyne and the new guy isn‘t bad bit kinda cookie-cutter. 

Oh, and make us whole, Brodd. Give us mod powers, the brethren moons demand it! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Yes, it shows the team had great love for the game/universe. The only thing I could fault is that Keith Szjarabaka (I probably spelled his name wrong) was awesome as Kyne and the new guy isn‘t bad bit kinda cookie-cutter. 

Oh, and make us whole, Brodd. Give us mod powers, the brethren moons demand it! 

Does @KingBrodd have the power to give out the mod hammer? If so then he should probably save it for a later date. 

40 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Does @KingBrodd have the power to give out the mod hammer? If so then he should probably save it for a later date. 

Probably not and I wouldn‘t give myself mod powers or I‘ll edit every single post that’s praising Lumineth! 🤣

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Ok so if Skaven are the 4th ed evil starter faction then I assume we would see a pretty comprehensive redo with all of these kits getting updated:

1. Rat ogors 
2. Giant rats 
3. Plague censer bearers 
4. Skryre acolytes
5. Jezzails
6. Arch warlock engineer
7. Gutter runners
8. Night runners

I think we will also be seeing new clanrats if its the starterset army. This would also mean they are getting a lot of easy to build kits. Those are also cheaper than normal kits and thats nice for a horde army. I might go all in if Skaven gets a huge refresh. Love what they did with the Underworlds Warbands and the Deathmaster.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EntMan said:

This process of continuous alteration was applied not only to newspapers, but to books, periodicals, pamphlets, posters, leaflets, films, soundtracks, cartoons, photographs – to every kind of literature or documentation which might conceivably hold any political or ideological significance.

– George Orwell

Maybe there never were any Wanderers in the Cities? 😥

Chaos-order alliance confirmed! That’s double plus good

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Ok so if Skaven are the 4th ed evil starter faction then I assume we would see a pretty comprehensive redo with all of these kits getting updated:

1. Rat ogors 
2. Giant rats 
3. Plague censer bearers 
4. Skryre acolytes
5. Jezzails
6. Arch warlock engineer
7. Gutter runners
8. Night runners

Add in plague monks, warlock engineer, calwlord on brood horror or on bonebreaker rat ogre, rattling guns and warpfire thrower weapon teams, and as a skaven players I would agree.

6 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I think we will also be seeing new clanrats if its the starterset army. This would also mean they are getting a lot of easy to build kits. Those are also cheaper than normal kits and thats nice for a horde army. I might go all in if Skaven gets a huge refresh. Love what they did with the Underworlds Warbands and the Deathmaster.

Easy to build clanrats😂, you know I have a feeling that the easy to build clanrats boxset, should that ever become a thing will be harder to build then the current models.

i mean literally have you ever build a clanrat before?

it’s 2 pieces.

the body and a single arm you have to glue together per model.

no easy to build kit I know of is that easy😂.

also 35euros is pretty cheap for 20 models in this day and age of games workshop rule.

a new revamped clanrat unit would mean we’d be taking the risk that clanrats could get much more expensive for a reduced amount of models.

so 10 clanrats for 50 bugs.

I’d hate to see that, considering that the models still look amazing 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

What an amazing set of sculpts! Some of the best Stormcast yet. 

I don’t know.

I have seen better skaven model then these. But they do look good I guess

Just now, Matrindur said:

So are they also a Warcry Warband?

Well the article, doesn’t seem to hinting towards warcry.

so I’m guessing new heroes/ models for existing heroes for the stormcast.

6 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

So are they also a Warcry Warband?

I'm asking myself the same question.

I see Stormcasts, I look for the dislike button. Sorry. Until Fyreslayers, Ironjawz, Ogors, Skaven, Beasts of Chaos and more receive new minis I won't agree with this release schedule, no matter how good are the minis themselves (and they are in this case).

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Interestingly enough, I think that it's the first ever case of a stormcast miniature being directly remade/replaced. Unless they keep selling the old Neave too. Anyway, I think it does increase the possibility of 1st edition stormcast getting retired in favour of new stormstrike versions.

Also, I think those minis go incredibly hard. I love the crossbow lass, but the idoneth is undeniably my fave.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Interestingly enough, I think that it's the first ever case of a stormcast miniature being directly remade/replaced. Unless they keep selling the old Neave too. Anyway, I think it does increase the possibility of 1st edition stormcast getting retired in favour of new stormstrike versions.

Also, I think those minis go incredibly hard. I love the crossbow lass, but the idoneth is undeniably my fave.

They could leave the old Neave as a Knight Zephyros only while the new one only is Neave