The Rumour Thread

28 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They haven't even set up lore for why the Wood Elves have vanished.

More likely they'd just stop mentioning them and pretend they never existed in Cities in the first place. 

This makes me sad! I loved how the cities were like mini countries. Aelves, Duardin and Humans all with their own cultures and armed forces contributing to the city culturally and militarily.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I get the feeling Malerion's entrance will be like Belakore in so far as a contender to the status quo (in this case Morathi) who is (re)introduced in ala broken realms style book who then gets crammed into DoK as an alternate opposing subfaction.

Edited by ChaosUndivided
typo.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Freemeta said:

so we should still feel insecure about our mini being squated even with a new book. not a good news.

Or at least be wary of the old WHF kits especially in cities as they may not be refresh but more likely replaced in AoS.

of course some armies did get luck on their refreshes of older models like slaves to darkness and Soulblight gravelords, who got their older models updated one for one.

Gargoylians fluff article.

Gargoylians are chimeric critters of indeterminate origin, and theories abound as to their true nature. Some believe that they are drawn to the scent of faith and devotion – hence why they appear so often amidst congregations of pious Sigmarites. Others think they are miniature manifestations of the realms’ anger – and there’s a lot to be angry about – while others say they are related to the incarnates.

Regardless of the truth – and there’s a kernel of it in all three theories – there’s no denying that these are funky little mites… albeit a little disconcerting. When the gates rise and the trumpets sound, scurrying, cantering Gargoylians accompany the Dawnbringer Crusades and other warhosts mustered by the Cities of Sigmar.

Thanks to their plucky demeanour in the face of certain doom – not to mention their fierce hatred of Chaos, which sees them take any opportunity to tilt at daemons – the weirdness of the Gargoylians is tolerated by the downtrodden citizens. Freeguild troops often elevate them to the station of regimental mascots, and the Freeguild Command Corps even come with their own oversized Mascot Gargoylian, a piece of heraldic art come to life!

637QJSNDBuzJgY0p.jpg

TLZzWBa4MpEiWah4.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7

31 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

I get the feeling Malerion's entrance will be like Belakore in so far as a contender to the status quo (in this case Morathi) who is (re)introduced in ala broken realms style book who then gets crammed into DoK as an alternate opposing subfaction.

I feel like if we are going to Ulgu next edition with skaven being the main vilians, Malerion might pop up mid edition as a solution to the skaven Eshin killing everyone in the dark. Imagine him being like Bane in the Dark Knight with " I was born in the darkness, the shadows betray you, because they belong too me"

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, novakai said:

Welp I guess the Warhammer plus mini are left unrevealed for another day lol

I'm guessing the mascot was intended to be this week's miniature reveal and the Sunday article was written before the leaks. Today's article was probably written before the leaks as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Freemeta said:

so we should still feel insecure about our mini being squated even with a new book. not a good news.

yes 100% my feelings,i was waiting to know what units was going to be removed with the book and what remain to then buy the dark elf start colleting before that they delete it due to the new vanguard box.

but now i dont know,i dont want again as happened with my wild ryders and phoenyx temple units,that i buy new models and then they are deleted in short time.

if i buy somethimg i hope have 15+ years to use due to his cost in money and time to build

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

21 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm guessing the mascot was intended to be this week's miniature reveal and the Sunday article was written before the leaks. Today's article was probably written before the leaks as well.

The Gargoylian article links to the reveal article and if they edited it why not yesterdays too?

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doko said:

yes 100% my feelings,i was waiting to know what units was going to be removed with the book and what remain to then buy the dark elf start colleting before that they delete it due to the new vanguard box.

but now i dont know,i dont want again as happened with my wild ryders and phoenyx temple units,that i buy new models and then they are deleted in short time.

if i buy somethimg i hope have 15+ years to use due to his cost in money and time to build

With such perspective I would stick to the new AoS ranges only. At first sight of Malerion Druchii are doomed to share the fate of their noble cousins. We may only hope that GW spares them weird helmets and cow- demons that skipped leg days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doko said:

I think it’s been fairly evident that if you want 15 years use of a model you should only ever buy the new models. If you buy 8th ed dark elf or dwarf models now you have to be at peace with the idea that they may be legended within 2 years. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Doko said:

For most people, this is the type of timescale used for houses, not plastic miniatures that are already a decade old. Talk about unrealistic expectations. 😅

Edited by Hollow

1 minute ago, Hollow said:

For more people, this type of timescale is used for houses, not plastic miniatures that are already a decade old. Talk about unrealistic expectations. 😅

why? fantasy models older than old world had 20 years of live,even rigth now we have models in skavens or eldars with 20+ years old.

im a very slow builder,i need around 2 years to build a army,if they have 5 years of live per example whats the point then haha

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I learnt recently that the Sigmaroteca has 3 to 4 times more info than the Lexicanum, so it could be worth the shot.

sucks that they have to use the fandom site, but thanks for the heads up! The english version of the AOS fandom site has some good chunks of info too it seems.

I don't think you need chatgpt to translate this as it'll probably be pulling from google translate to begin with, which has gotten superb for spanish translation.

Edited by CommissarRotke

2 minutes ago, Doko said:

im a very slow builder,i need around 2 years to build a army,if they have 5 years of live per example whats the point then haha

But they don't have 5 years of life. Most of these models are over a decade old already! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Doko said:

Hoping for something lasting 15+ years is being quite optimism imo. There's rumor of Liberators and that kind of SCE being "primarised", and they would last just 3 seasons, if that's the case, so hoping for something to last 15+ is quite complicate.

• Like 3