The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Nazarjo said:

Those sure are the empire units that we're just discontinued ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

AtmAJrqv2zD9S1ja.jpg

But confirmation of at least some crossover with AoS. The steam tank is there. In the dwarf army, the irondrakes are there. No black orcs in the green skin army though. More evidence of a new kit incoming?

10 minutes ago, Chikout said:

But confirmation of at least some crossover with AoS. The steam tank is there. In the dwarf army, the irondrakes are there. No black orcs in the green skin army though. More evidence of a new kit incoming?

Maybe those kits will be the next to go in a future CoS wave? They purposefully seem to be limiting any form of AoS crossover except for proxying (which I think is a very good thing for the aesthetics and art direction for both games).

37 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another Old World Diary.

Looks like the Slayers have been repainted to no longer be all ginger, which is definitely a grudgin'.

gdI8q2H3pQKXILvE.jpg

They have me worried on the deployment part, with all the frontage and depth and etc. I had a conversation with the former black polo of my GW store a few years back, who was a big WFB veteran, and he told me one of the big drawbacks of WFB was that sometimes the frontage was so big (especially hordes) that your pack could only go forward and backwards. Which was taking away some of the strategy since the game turned into 2 armies pushing into each other with little maneuvers at all. I hope TOW doesn't have this drawback.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

They have me worried on the deployment part, with all the frontage and depth and etc. I had a conversation with the former black polo of my GW store, who was a big WFB veteran, and he tomld me one of the big drawbacks of WFB was that sometimes the frontage was so big (especially hordes) that your pack could only go forward and backwards. Which was taking away some of the strategy since the game turned into 2 armies pushing into each other with little maneuvers at all. I hope TOW doesn't have this drawback.

Yeah, this is an area where I feel that Warmaster works way better. You're at a smaller scale but with the same movement distances (or more) so you have a much greater emphasis on maneuvering and positioning.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another Old World Diary.

I don't see this on the front page, interesting. edit: it took a bit to show up

Even more interesting, GW has apparently changed their mind about what TOW is ๐Ÿ‘€

"we wanted to create a modern game in the mould of Warhammer Fantasy Battle*, a reimagining of a classic tabletop wargame that would appeal to both veterans of the Old World and newcomers"

I'm not sure a massed battle game is great for newcomers. Maybe it's because i'm a Full Adult now, but all I see is dollar signs looking at the (very nice) pictures of massed armies together...

36 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The kind of article that really makes you say "Wait, that's it?"

Well they also dropped the bomb that magic is now supposed to be simpler, but is also able to be done in any phase. And apparently the Winds of Magic got changed? Wizards can cast 'random' spells?

"Magic is integral to the game, though the mechanics of its use are simple. The untutored Wizards of the Old World practise strange Lores of Magic of their own devising, manipulating the Winds of Magic and crafting spells that suit their purpose.

To reflect this, spellcasting has been liberated and spread throughout the different phases of the game, rather than restricted to just one."

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

The deployment of the armies are for display purposes only. I don't recall ever simply lining up and pushing forward.

If you've put yourself in a position where you can only move forward or backwards that's a deployment and/or strategy error on behalf of the player. Similar to how if you simply charge straight ahead with no heed to priority or objectives in AoS you'll lose.

That said, deployment is a big part of WHFB and your overall strategy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

Considering their mention of large tracks in the context of their use in warcry, I can totally see the new season starter being these guys versus Troggoths or Ogors - in which case I might just have to pick it up

@Whitefangย did confirm no Troggoth Warband for Warcry so either its Ogors or maybe... NEW MANCRUSHER GARGANT MODEL!?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

@Whitefangย did confirm no Troggoth Warband for Warcry so either its Ogors or maybe... NEW MANCRUSHER GARGANT MODEL!?

Well, it could also be a Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz or Gitz warband as well as Kruleboyz are a separated faction form the other orruks in warcry

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

Man, I'm not gonna lie, this is really disappointing that there aren't any aelves in this unit.

I know I can proxy, but aelf units have the aelf keyword, and this unit almost certainly won't, which means that there is an actual mechanical disparity in the gameplay.

Pointy ears, defined cheekbones, narrow jaw. . . Tell me this isn't an aelf.image.png.e0949aef60b58bef3c3e8075bb94f4eb.png.c2bf40c3d81b7a0477694c98d9fdf5ea.png

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

That TOW piece does give a bit of high level info on how itโ€™ll differ from 8th ed. The magic being split across phases is close to current 40k, for example, though they donโ€™t explicitly call that out.

Edited by sandlemad

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Pointy ears, defined cheekbones, narrow jaw. . . Tell me this isn't an aelf.image.png.e0949aef60b58bef3c3e8075bb94f4eb.png.c2bf40c3d81b7a0477694c98d9fdf5ea.png

I've also seen some conversations around this guy's leg being too short hence it was a Dwarf... imo everyone just see what they want to see. Both look just humans to me.

ย 

1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So good to see so many classic models which I assume will return.ย 

The old stone trolls are some of my faves tho I think I'll use them as unit fillers and use the new plastic troggoths as trolls.ย 

One of the things I'm most excited about is mixing and matching models across the years, for example I've just put some shadeborn on 25mm bases and I'll be using them as dark elf shades.ย 

There is going to be some amazing armies.ย 

1 hour ago, Nazarjo said:

Those sure are the empire units that we're just discontinued ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

AtmAJrqv2zD9S1ja.jpg

The old troll models in this picture confirm that this game is going to use all older models again. Love seeing the doomdiver again, all time favorite for me.

Edit: Could we be seeing new Fellwater Troggoths and the old ones leaving for TOW?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 3

So weird to see that amazing doomdiver not make it's way to AoS somehow! What a wasted opportunity!

Grotbag scuttlers incoming needs to happen! An AoS version of a flying snotling pump wagon would be mint!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Sarges said:

It's an alternative build. Quite diverse options, btw.
ย 

CoS.png

Wonderful models ! Fitting both "city" and "dark woods" themes. I was debating either getting some Freeguild Steelhelm or the WHU Witch Hunters for Warcry ; this is the perfect blend (with added boschian creatures, very nice).ย 

Also, article hinting at either big (Ogor/Demi-Mancrusher ?!) or monstrous thingies for the next team...

Honestly I wasn't sharing the enthusiasm of many on here about getting so much more units for CoS after last reveal, but now I can really see 1. Artillery (confirmed), 2. Elite infantry (hopefully not looking like SCE) and 3. another character (Priest of some sorts)...

HYPE

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

52 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Maybe (s)he's an half-elf... After all why should D&D and Tolkien have the monopol on elf/human race mixing ?

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I don't know if we're going to get a single monster as a warband, because single model monsters aren't warbands per se, but fall under the category of "Warcry monster" like for example the Sphyranx. And I don't remember Warcry monsters getting teased on the roadmap. But I'd love to see a warband of a few monstruous fighters. Like a trio of trolls or ogors, with little critters going around. It'll feel very new.

Btw, half the autumn warbands have been revealed :

• Monsta Killaz
  • Wildercorps Hunters
  • Mystery Order band
  • Mystery Destruction band

What are the last unseen warbands ? Place your bets here !

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Although honestly just using Stormcast as elite infantry wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Precisely. Also, the Thunderstrike range fits really nicely next to the new City one (more down to earth design elements like belts, etc.).ย 

So, if GW go ahead and make a Greatswords replacement, I hope it won't look like SCE...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Precisely. Also, the Thunderstrike range fits really nicely next to the new City one (more down to earth design elements like belts, etc.).ย 

So, if GW go ahead and make a Greatswords replacement, I hope it won't look like SCE...

I mean I think they will look more or less the same as all the other Freeguild models shown so far. (medieval looking humans with bucket helmets and sigmar iconography)

11 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Btw, half the autumn warbands have been revealed :

• Monsta Killaz
  • Wildercorps Hunters
  • Mystery Order band

Ok im in.

Sylvaneth - Kurnothi warband

Warclans - Something including Ardboyz

I also expect new units for those 2 subfactions with book 2.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

13 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

ย 

• Monsta Killaz
  • Wildercorps Hunters
  • Mystery Order band

Kurnothi and more knightly Gitz would be my guessย 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1