The Rumour Thread

So, what do people think: Is this a multi-model unit or a single character?

I think it might be the latter.

Now, a Fusil-Major on Ogor Warhulk stands at each corner of every Castelite formation, serving multiple roles – lookout, sniper, and formidable flank defence.

If so, the kit allows for a good amount of build diversity on the ogor and gunner. However, if you look closely, they share the crow's nest and shield.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

So, what do people think: Is this a multi-model unit or a single character?

I think it might be the latter.

If so, the kit allows for a good amount of build diversity, on the ogor and gunner, however. If you look closely, they share the crow's nest and shield, though.

The video thumbnail says it's a "Fusil-Major on Ogor Warhulk" so definitely sounds like just a single Hero model.

Hopefully we do see a full unit in some form, because City-Ogors in that style forming a shieldwall would look great. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7

So typically Warhammer... a cocktail so stupid and bizarre it's brilliant! You'd almost think this big guy had escaped from a Dave Gallagher sketch.

And the identity of Cities develops while moving away from Empire Fantasy... so cool !

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The video thumbnail calls it pretty specifically "Fusil-Major on Ogor Warhulk" so definitely sounds like just a Hero model.

Hopefully we do see a full unit, because City-Ogors in that style forming a shieldwall would look great. 

I think that's a good place for this model, though. I am pretty hyped to paint one of them. I would probably not want to paint three, six or more.

Also, now that Ogors are officially confirmed: That axe is definitely in the hands of an Ogor.

AoS SigmarWeapons Sep16 Render2

• Confused 1

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think that's a good place for this model, though. I am pretty hyped to paint one of them. I would probably not want to paint three, six or more.

Also, now that Ogors are officially confirmed: That axe is definitely in the hands of an Ogor.

Out of reacts for the day, but yeah we are definitely getting a full on ogor unit 😛

And for getting multiples, I can already imagine a Greywater gunline of 20 handgunners (or whatever gunpowder unit we get) flanked by two of these, with 2 of the new big bombards behind them bringing down the sky upon the enemy!

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Oh no, you got the dreaded Whitefang confused react... I guess it's not an Ogor then. Maybe it's big burly human with a 2 handed weapons (greatswords successors ?)

• Like 1

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Oh no, you got the dreaded Whitefang confused react... I guess it's not an Ogor then. Maybe it's big burly human with a 2 handed weapons (greatswords successors ?)

Haha, got a little over-confident there. After seeing the new ogors, I'll be happy if there are others of them in Cities, but really I am just happy they executed this new guy perfectly.

• Like 1

It’s cool. Distinct from the Mawtribes range but also similar to the Cursed City ogre and, to a lesser extent, the Bloodpelt Hunter. I think we are at the stage of there being a slightly more diverse approach to ogres post-WHFB Ogre Kingdoms, both in terms of technicalities of changing sculpting techniques and showing ogres from outside that core culture.

I do think the crow’s nest is a bit big for the ogre but then that does contribute to this Terry Gilliam-esque frantic ungainliness, like it’s meant to look like it’s swaying and almost toppling, which is a lot of fun. Here’s hoping we still get some regular Cities Maneaters though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

Minor point, but am I right that all the New Cities models shown so far are male? ☹️

There was that one female Freeguild Guard (on the right)

Spoiler

Adepticon AoS CoS Image1

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

You really don't need to worry about that...

Because...well....

Sigmarite Battlenuns?
Big named female General?
50/50 male/female head options in all kits?

Now I'm even more intrigued for the next reveal...

• Like 1