The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Chikout said:

Not angular enough to be a Tyranid. I'm getting water dragon vibes. Along with the rumour from a few weeks ago, could we finally be getting a second wave for IDK?Z98BP5YD0W92O8wT.jpg.7a6524b76ac5b41c826ee2cad07b63a7.jpg

Saw this on the Warhammer page stories on Facebook:Β 

Screenshot_20230509_210237_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230509_210245_Facebook.jpg.9d64f9196f46f6a383024922b5e5fc9e.jpg

Edited by Gareth πŸ„
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure it's all but confirmed that Flesh-Eaters are going to be the winter battletome, but what's the credibility of the rumors they'll have a range refresh/update? I think I remember Whitefang saying something about it. Did they give any specifics about what would come?

Personally, I’m really happy with the new Slaanesh and Khorne battletomes- personally, I’m ok with what come in the next couple of months. So long as I am able to absolutely destroy 12-13 year olds at my local Warhammer store and FLGS.Β 
Β 

I used the recent battletome to demolish a 8 year old who brought a cruel boyz army, using month my Slaanesh and Khorne list. My massive, well-groomed neckbeard lead to me rolling perfectly the entire game; those middle schoolers didn’t stand a freaking chance.Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Here i was thinking about a swamp troggoth wearing a gator skin cape.

I want this so badly!!

2 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

I'm pretty sure it's all but confirmed that Flesh-Eaters are going to be the winter battletome, but what's the credibility of the rumors they'll have a range refresh/update? I think I remember Whitefang saying something about it. Did they give any specifics about what would come?

@WhitefangΒ said something along the lines of 'Who said tge FEC release wouldnt be big?'Β 

• Like 2

I am actually wondering if any of the currently unsolved rumour engines are Cities related. None look especially like the models we have seen up to now.

Maybe this one goes on the big cannon Cities are supposed to get:

gAXUnVioKqXGAADn.jpg

Otherwise, it's kind of astounding that we have no engines that clearly connect to such a big release.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I am actually wondering if any of the currently unsolved rumour engines are Cities related. None look especially like the models we have seen up to now.

gAXUnVioKqXGAADn.jpg

Otherwise, it's kind of astounding that we have no engines that clearly connect to such a big release.

I think this RE may be connected to a Kharadron Overlords mini for Harbingers.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope so!

Btw, any expectations for the new Harbringers Campaign? We already know that the harbringers are going to have their own Regiments of Renown, but what about new subfactions? or maybe new battalions?

I would like to see something like "alternative lists" with some new named characters, even if they don't have miniature. Or at least new rules to play with the same models (Black Marines are Grundstock Thunderers painted in black, let me play them with unique rules/points)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

That's my read too. That counter sunk bolt design appears on the Ironclad (probably other sky vessels too) and looks perhaps a bit technologically advanced for what we've seen of Cities so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

gAXUnVioKqXGAADn.jpg

The rumour engine is weird. There isn't a single one related to the leviathan box but 8 for the recent kill team box. We know Tyranids are getting a lot of stuff but there's basically nothing that relates to them.Β 

• Like 2

Kharadron Overlords, Blades of Khorne and Hedonites of Slaanesh update (FAQs) in the App & Webside:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#warhammer-age-of-sigmar

FAQ's for Kharadrons:

• Tuskhelmet can't be used (it was not legal, it still is not legal!).
  • Chocking Fug for each Fumigator equiped.
  • Bridge+Movement shenanigan: It was not intended, now we have a have a FAQ.
  • Redeploy units toΒ embark: No FAQ, completely legal! Let's gooo!
  • All embar/disembark "cheats" made by wording are gone.
  • And enemies can Unleash Hell skyvessels even if they have some embarked units

I still miss the KHEMIST keyword and an Augmentation ability for Bjorgen and maybe a ADMIRALΒ keyword for Drekki (even if he is just a Captain, he should issue all avaliable Commands to the Aesling).

But really happy about KO FAQs.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Kharadron Overlords, Blades of Khorne and Hedonites of Slaanesh update (FAQs) in the App & Webside:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#warhammer-age-of-sigmar

FAQ's for Kharadrons:

• Tuskhelmet can't be used (it was not legal, it still is not legal!).
  • Chocking Fug for each Fumigator equiped.
  • Bridge+Movement shenanigan: It was not intended, now we have a have a FAQ.
  • Redeploy units toΒ embark: No FAQ, completely legal! Let's gooo!
  • All embar/disembark "cheats" made by wording are gone.

I still miss the KHEMIST keyword and an Augmentation ability for Bjorgen and maybe a ADMIRALΒ keyword for Drekki (even if he is just a Captain, he should issue all avaliable Commands to the Aesling).

But really happy about KO FAQs.

Not gonna lie, no unleash hell after redeploy just sucks.Β 

6 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

Not gonna lie, no unleash hell after redeploy just sucks.Β 

It's good for the game. There is a FAQ that clears that:

Q: If a unit that receives the Redeploy command also receives the Unleash Hell command in the same turn, can that unit shoot? A: No.

Redeploy is a move (with it's own conditions and FAQs), so everything in the ship count as having made the same move, and that means the same restrictions. Imo, the intention was clear

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It's good for the game. There is a FAQ that clears that:

Redeploy is a move (with it's own conditions and FAQs), so everything in the ship count as having made the same move, and that means the same restrictions. Imo, the intention was clear

It's not the right place to speak about rules but Redeploy says "unit that recieve this command" so technically units inside the ship doesn't recieve this command

Edited by cofaxest

Maybe not the best place to talk about, but...

9 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

It's not the right place to speak about rules but Redeploy says "unit that recieve this command" so technically units inside the ship doesn't recieve this command

To me, the intention was clear after the first FAQ: If there is a condition to Redeploy, any units that for wahtever reason made "the same type of move" as a Redeploy should have the same condition.

3 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

...unless for the purpose of the Tuskhelm ;)

Remember, they count as they made the same type of move, not the same move. In other words, they still have Charged, but never rolled any dice to make that charge.

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Remember, they count as they made the same type of move, not the same move. In other words, they still have Charged, but never rolled any dice to make that charge.

Which is still the worst, most legalese and loophole-y way of treating it. A model charged, is in combat at the end of the charge, but can't use it, because you haven't rolled for it, even though a charge roll has been made. Bah humbug!

No description available.

I think we all saw this coming but it's here sooner than I thought. Say goodnight to those sweet Forgeworld models, at least for the time being.Β 

I suspect AoS will have some Forgeworld support again once The Old World gets going.Β 

I'll miss those massive monsters showing up at events just for cool points.Β 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1